PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax Ice Polish

Thirsty
12th August 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi All,

Just thought i would fill you in on a product I decided to try. As the title states, turtle wax Ice polish. I had a heap of bush pin strips down the sides of my Gu as a result from my last outing. I generally use a maguires product but this stuff claimed to leave no white residue, which is a big plus for me as my GU is dark Blue and the residue shows up really bad. So I gave it a go, It works well as a quick detailer. It didnt remove the scratches but it did hide them while giving the paint an awesome shine. A big thumbs up from me as a quick detailer.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj212/troy1979-photobucket/patrol/DSCN0100.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj212/troy1979-photobucket/patrol/DSCN0099.jpg

Cheers
Troy

threedogs
12th August 2012, 07:18 PM
Gotta be happy with that, I'll give it a go as I use the "M" polish as well

Ghurkin
12th August 2012, 07:21 PM
works well on plastic too, i use it on my fishing kayak, blood and mud hoses straight off and the kayak looks like new, pretty good test of a polish using it in salt water all day.

MEGOMONSTER
12th August 2012, 07:21 PM
It like dejavu. Might have to try it cos Missus not happy with my new pin stripes. She says their not straight. LOL

Thirsty
12th August 2012, 07:34 PM
It like dejavu. Might have to try it cos Missus not happy with my new pin stripes. She says their not straight. LOL

Bwhahaha Its hard to get them straight

threedogs
12th August 2012, 07:38 PM
Trying to get my head around how your Kayak got covered in blood?? Is there something you need to tell someone?????

BLKWDW
13th August 2012, 09:51 AM
Id have to say ive detailed alot of cars mine and many other ppls cars ranging in colours using meguiars products and it has never left a white residue behind.

Ghurkin
13th August 2012, 12:59 PM
when I catch gummy sharks I have to bleed and gut them straight away, usually makes a mess of the kayak but with the polishit all wipes of easy peasy

Thirsty
13th August 2012, 06:06 PM
Id have to say ive detailed alot of cars mine and many other ppls cars ranging in colours using meguiars products and it has never left a white residue behind.

Sorry mate I'm not a proffesional detailer. I find that i get polish residue around locks, door handles, badges and in and around the cowl.(left over polish if you will)and its quite difficult to remove so it stands out more on the darker colour.

BLKWDW
13th August 2012, 10:37 PM
I wasnt having a go was just saying mate grab yourself some alcohol wipes to remove left over residue.

Thirsty
14th August 2012, 06:04 PM
I wasnt having a go was just saying mate grab yourself some alcohol wipes to remove left over residue.

Cheers Mate, No Problems.