PDA

View Full Version : A/C light globe replacement

IronSparks
12th August 2012, 01:34 PM
Hi all. I have noticed that my A/C light (in the switch) has stopped working and have been trying to replace it but am not sure how to get it out of the back of the switch. Can anyone help me out please?

scotty83
12th August 2012, 01:35 PM
Interesting mine died about 1 month ago.. 05 ST as well.. GO Nissan.. Will be following this thread with interest.

tassie wombat
12th August 2012, 01:56 PM
Both my recirculation and a/c light don't work.

daggy
13th August 2012, 08:50 PM
My recirc light is u/s, following this post with interest.

Clunk
15th August 2012, 12:30 AM
No bites on this one yet, hopefully some one in the know spots it and can help out........ unfortunately I cant, I only have a beat up GQ and lucky if any lights work

97_gq_lwb
15th August 2012, 12:37 AM
Buy a gq they are an easy to replace lol

IronSparks
21st August 2012, 01:20 PM
*bump bump*

Alitis007
21st August 2012, 02:24 PM
Can you post a picture of the unit?? i might be able to help!! My globe for my demister swith packed up so i called nissan and they said that you have to replace the whole switch the globes arnt available on ther own, if you have removed it from the facia give us a couple of shot around it if you could??
Cheers

97_gq_lwb
21st August 2012, 03:10 PM
If it is a small bulb in a socket where the bulb wires pull through then wrap around the holder you can buy the bulbs from wes components.

IronSparks
22nd August 2012, 01:07 PM
The bulb looks like it is in the switch itself and I have had a look to see if I can get to it from the back, but no joy as yet.
Cant take a pic as I am at work for the next fortnight and the car is in Perth.

Alitis007
22nd August 2012, 01:52 PM
No dramas mate we'll wait till then..

Rod H
26th August 2012, 08:23 AM
I don't know why you would even bother to change that stupidly dull light.
It is almost impossible to see if it's on or not in the daylight.
The best way to check is to feel if the switch is in or cycle it.
The only time I can ever see it clearly is on a dull day or at night.
Don't waste your time and effort.

It's like a few little annoying Nissan foibles another is that they still only have one reversing light , must be that we are only allowed to back into things on the right side because the left is nicely illuminated.
:icon_bonk:

the godfather
26th August 2012, 07:45 PM
Men are bright as Rod. But my A/C one died recently as well. So I am following with interest as well.

daggy
26th August 2012, 11:03 PM
For me it's a matter of if it ain't broke don't fix it. In this case it's broke and I want it fixed.

thepunter1
28th August 2012, 03:46 PM
Check this out it should help you.
Aircon Bulb Replacement (http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/c-switch-light-removal-71756/)

And this one;
Bulb (http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/air-condition-switch-79664/)

Regards,
David.

rowlund
7th October 2012, 03:11 PM
Am following this one closely as well. I actually wanted to change up the colors if could.

roobs
29th October 2012, 07:07 PM
I found similar globes at jaycar and replaced my ac, was a little fiddly but easy enough, way brighter too so i replaced reticulation globe aswell. will get a pic for you when i get a chance. might even be able to get the jaycar part number.

roobs
29th October 2012, 07:08 PM
recirculation*****

scotty83
29th October 2012, 07:25 PM
I found similar globes at jaycar and replaced my ac, was a little fiddly but easy enough, way brighter too so i replaced reticulation globe aswell. will get a pic for you when i get a chance. might even be able to get the jaycar part number.

It would be great to have the part number

adventurepaul
30th October 2012, 12:34 AM
I just did all mine with 2mm leds blue from ebay. Jaycar sell them as well. Only prog was pulling switch apart and squeezing a resistor in there as well