PDA

View Full Version : Head light buzzer

Finly Owner
23rd October 2010, 11:44 PM
Is ther such a thing as an aftermarket headlight buzzer. I hate driving to work on dawn with lights on, getting there and forgetting lights are on. Lock up go do days work only to come out to flat battery.

So figure there may be head light warning buzzer for when ignition is off.

Got a feeling some one had spoken about one B4 here.

patch697
24th October 2010, 12:02 AM
Super cheap do something along this line & you could by little do it yourself kits form jcar electronics.

Hope this helps Tim.

If you get stuck I will pick one up down here build the kit & post it up to you if it helps mate.

Finly Owner
24th October 2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks Paul, let me see what i can scrounge up 1st mate, thanks for info.

Maxhead
24th October 2010, 08:23 AM
Spot on Paul,
Mate of mine used this one and was fairly easy to install for a non electronics person.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5317&keywords=headlight&form=KEYWORD

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 08:38 PM
yeh i need one of these 2, thanx Tim for the post

molongmick
24th October 2010, 09:01 PM
I know you can buy auto headlight devices that turn off your headlights when ignition is turned off. similar to the commodores. not sure where you can get them, but have seen them advertised somewhere. Hope this is of some help.

Cadbury
3rd November 2010, 06:27 PM
Does a 1999 GU have a headlight buzzer?
If so mine does not work.

Cadbury
29th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Hi all
If not I will get one of these kits tomorrow as I had my first flat battery today after I left my lights on.
Cheers
Tim

YNOT
29th April 2011, 09:31 PM
Hi all
If not I will get one of these kits tomorrow as I had my first flat battery today after I left my lights on.
Cheers
Tim

My '03 GU ST has a headlight on warning buzzer, I'm not sure about earlier built GU's.
A lot of people find the buzzer annoying and disconnect it, if you remove the shrouds around the steering column have a look for a disconnected one or two pin wire.

Tony

Cadbury
29th April 2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks Tony

YNOT
29th April 2011, 10:20 PM
The annoying buzzer that people disconnect is the "key in" buzzer not "headlights on" as I suggested above.
Looks like the warning buzzer kit from Jaycar might be the go.

Tony

P.S. I have made a seperate thread showing how to disconnect the "key in" buzzer.

the evil twin
30th April 2011, 11:40 AM
I bought an 12 Volt Piezo Squealer from Supercrap (about the size of the first joint in your thumb)... +ve to dash lights -ve to drivers door ajar switch. Open any door with the parker/headlights on and the alarm sounds. That can be a pain for some people who only want the drivers door to trigger.

If so... add a blocking diode in the interior light switch wire upstream of the join. Interior lights work as normal, alarm only triggers on Drivers door.

Silver
2nd May 2011, 08:05 PM
clever Evil Twin! I built the Jaycar kit and installed it. Works well.

I also have their overtemp alarm kits - must put them together, one for the GQ, one for the Camry. Looks at metal temp, not water temp (in case water is goooonnnnnne.

kingy
2nd May 2011, 08:10 PM
Yes a very annoying thing as I had flattened my battery a couple of times....I know Red Arc make a Key in Lights on system which is what I would like to install as I generally drive with my lights on especially on country roads. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

thepunter1
2nd May 2011, 08:19 PM
How about this one using a simple relay?
Headlight Alarm (http://redarc.com.au/handy-hints/how-to.../wire-a-simple-headlight-alarm)

Cadbury
2nd May 2011, 08:37 PM
Hi all,
I got the one from kit Jaycar. It was easy enough to built and no problem to fit it to the car.
Works a treat.
Cheers
Tim

fixer982
3rd May 2011, 06:54 PM
Hi Tim,

Oops. Didn't see that youhad resolved this..

My 1999 Series 1 GU did not seem to have one, though the manual refers to a "Warning Chime", but I never managed to find it. Get a 12v buzzer and 400V 1A diode from jaycar, for about $6. Connect it betwen the light circuit and the ignition circuit and it will tell you when you turn off the ignition. I had the same problem with mine until I fitted the buzzer. If yours is a Ti like mine, and you have the overhead compass and thermometer, it is the easiest place to wire it in. Let me know if you want more information and I will get it to you. Regards, ian

Yendor
3rd May 2011, 07:28 PM
Hi Ian.

I did think about this set up and wondered if it would work.

Using the evil twins set up but instead of connecting it to the door light switch connecting it to an ignition or accessories feed instead.

Which buzzer did you use?.

Regards Rodney