PDA

View Full Version : 3 inch exhaust problems when fitted to a CRD

mitchelljames
11th August 2012, 08:07 PM
Hi all
I booked my 2008 gu crd into have a 3 inch exhaust fitted and the steinbower chip ... my mechanic advised me not to fit the exhaust as 3 people he knows have fitted them and ended up having to take the exhaust off as the extra air flow causes an error in the computer .

Has anyone experienced this or heard of it ? he thinks 2.5inch should be fine but will this make much of a change from the standard nissan exhaust ?

I wish nissan would just put something bigger in these heavy vehicles , 3L is to underpowered ...why cant they make a new 4.2L .........rant over

Maxhead
11th August 2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah mate, I have been told this before. Errors and over boosting can be the result of the 3" but lots of people have them and they are fine

I went with a beaudesert exhaust which is 2.75" . These are a great exhaust and no issues .

..........on the move

Maxhead
11th August 2012, 08:18 PM
Just to add the 2.75 gives lots more torque down low. Great when towing

The car feels a lot less restricted

..........on the move

boots
11th August 2012, 08:22 PM
Yes have heard this is a problem and not just for the CRD , the DI can give trouble with the larger exhaust aswell .some do some dont -hit or miss.

mitchelljames
11th August 2012, 08:53 PM
I think ill give the 2.75 a go , do you know of anything that can help with the error . I have heard people talk about scanguage 11 being able to correct the some faults

Im off on a trip to birdsvillie in a few weeks so i might wait untill i get back to start playing around

nissannewby
11th August 2012, 09:33 PM
Some form of boost control will help to prevent spiking of boost pressure which is what causes the car to go into limp mode.

camper
11th August 2012, 10:01 PM
Just been to Birdy, have 2.75 and chip from Beaudesert Exhaust and this has increased the performance in all areas. Only 3lt in the Nissan group we were with able . to get over left side of big red each time. Recom the system?

Maxhead
12th August 2012, 05:45 AM
Scan gauge will show and clear any fault code on the vehicle

..........on the move