PDA

View Full Version : Western Australia Forum Get Together

Woof
11th August 2012, 08:10 PM
OK, I have been trying to get a trip together for a while.......yeah, yeah I know so leave me alone..lol

I cannot organise 2 trips so I have decided to combine them together and create one with the www.westernpatrolclub.com and our forum for THE DOGMAN'S MUCK IN A BUCKET TRIP.

For those that are wondering what MUCK IN A BUCKET is, all attending are required to cook a meal in a small Camp Oven and on Saturday evening we will all gather around the camp fire and sample everyone's gourmet delights.

There are plenty of places for a play for those that need their off road fix, as long as your Muck in a Bucket is ready in time for the Banquet, here are the details:

Who: Open to all Patrol Owners

When: Friday 28th, Saturday 29th, returning home on 30th of September

Trip Leader: The Dogman

Where: Dwellingup

Terrain:
1 - Relatively Easy (Beginners)
2 - Moderate to Easy
3 - Moderate
4 - Moderate to Serious
5 - Serious and Endurance

Rating out of 5 will be?: 1 to 3, 4 if you really won't to.

Distance: 150

Description: Heading down the Captain Fawcett Track on a Friday and then camping there overnight, cooking on Saturday and enjoying the banquet that night and heading home on Sunday.

This trip will be just an enjoyable relaxing weekend getaway, if there are any members that want to go for a play then they can, as long as their Muck in a Bucket is ready for Saturday evening.

Car Limit: Open

Meeting Point: Dwellingup pub

Meeting time: tba

Comms: UHF channel 20

What To Bring: Camp Oven, Recovery Gear, Air Compressor, First Aid Kit, Food and Beverages, Plenty of water, Camera’s camping gear

Contact: Please post here if you are coming along and PM The Dogman with a mobile number. If I have your mobile number I can check if you are running late and organise another meeting point. If you drop out late I can contact you and the rest of the crew can get moving instead of hanging around wondering.

Other info: The trip will be tailored for those attending and all the lumpy bits will have "Resale Routes" for those that don't wish to take the chance of scratching up the pride and joy. There will be no pressure to anyone to get outside their comfort zone. Looking forward to a weekend out with friends. Hope to see you there.

Disclaimer: "WESTERN PATROL CLUB, NISSANPATROL.COM.AU and MYSELF accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising from attending this trip. While all due care will be taken, no responsibility will be granted. If you act inappropriately whilst on the trip, you will be asked to leave"

Definites
The Dogman

Maybes
DX Grunt - Ross
Oncedisturbed -

DX grunt
11th August 2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for organizing this Wayne.

Put me down as a 'maybe'. I'll be in Mukinbudin and don't know what my roster is just yet.

Rossco

NissanGQ4.2
11th August 2012, 09:01 PM
Disclaimer: "WESTERN PATROL CLUB, NISSANPATROL.COM.AU and MYSELF accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising from attending this trip. While all due care will be taken, no responsibility will be granted. If you act inappropriately whilst on the trip, you will be asked to leave"

If you remove this line from the Disclaimer"If you act inappropriately whilst on the trip, you will be asked to leave"

I will be able 2 make it *LMAO*

Woof
11th August 2012, 09:10 PM
If you remove this line from the Disclaimer"If you act inappropriately whilst on the trip, you will be asked to leave"

I will be able 2 make it *LMAO*

Come on over Todd, your shout mate...hahahaha

choochie
11th August 2012, 09:15 PM
Darn it that's the long weekend - will be in Augusta. :/

[Tapatalk2 on Nexus7]

oncedisturbed
11th August 2012, 09:33 PM
Put me as a maybe but will confirm either way asap

Clunk
11th August 2012, 09:38 PM
Everything is a maybe for me at the mo Doggy, will have to keep ya posted.......... Oh yeah and I know nothin about cookin in a camp oven. I only do Bbq's :........... Meatmeat and more meat lol

Woof
11th August 2012, 09:48 PM
Everything is a maybe for me at the mo Doggy, will have to keep ya posted.......... Oh yeah and I know nothin about cookin in a camp oven. I only do Bbq's :........... Meatmeat and more meat lol

Camp oven is easy, just chuck some stuff in, stir once and don't let it dry out...............I think..lol

Clunk
11th August 2012, 09:49 PM
I don't have a camp oven

Woof
11th August 2012, 10:02 PM
I don't have a camp oven

Well neither do I, will be buying one next weekend......they don't cost that much and if it doesn't work just chuck it in the bin, saves on washing up...lol

Just a tip, you need to season it with oil before using it, I am going to season mine with used diff oil, that should improve the flavor heaps.

Wetty
12th August 2012, 03:15 PM
That'd be right. . . . . first day back at work is the 27th, might have to get the flu? Put me down as a maybe, but probably more likely a no :blowup:

Woof
18th August 2012, 09:22 PM
This trip has been postponed, will let everyone know the new dates.............sorry but it is a long weekend and I know that some may wish to spend it with the family as they come first......stay tuned for an update soon

Rustyboner81
19th August 2012, 07:55 PM
camp ovens ROCK work out bush and have used them many a time, some stints on a daily bassis.
prep a roast stab holes cram garlic and rosemary etc in the holes, small amout of water in the bottom,rub with oil
BAM onto some hot coals, chuck a few red coals on top. give it about 45min and throw in chopped prepped vegies
give it another 45min and then start checking.
it wont take long and i garantee you, that you will go back again and again and again. wins over a BBQ or home cooked meal any day.

if its just a couple mates you just flip the lid over and fork it down straight off that as a plate........... sooooooooooo delicious................agghhhhhhhhh juicey mouth!!!!!!!!!

DX grunt
20th August 2012, 08:05 AM
camp ovens ROCK work out bush and have used them many a time, some stints on a daily bassis.
prep a roast stab holes cram garlic and rosemary etc in the holes, small amout of water in the bottom,rub with oil
BAM onto some hot coals, chuck a few red coals on top. give it about 45min and throw in chopped prepped vegies
give it another 45min and then start checking.
it wont take long and i garantee you, that you will go back again and again and again. wins over a BBQ or home cooked meal any day.

if its just a couple mates you just flip the lid over and fork it down straight off that as a plate........... sooooooooooo delicious................agghhhhhhhhh juicey mouth!!!!!!!!!

Nice one. Will try it once I move.

I've got a Cobb cooker as well. Had quite a few meals out of that and the meat melts in your mouth. Beautiful.

choochie
20th August 2012, 01:53 PM
camp ovens ROCK work out bush and have used them many a time, some stints on a daily bassis. prep a roast stab...

Never used a camp oven but keen to. Might get one over next couple weeks and give it a go. But is the first meal a damper or roast :p

Timmo
1st September 2012, 11:19 PM
Sorry guys can't make any thing in September as I'm currently in albury and October I'm cleaning and packing a house up and on November I'm driving back to Darwin so I can be shipped out to the Ghan in december so don't have much time sorry fellas