PDA

View Full Version : Is it fun or is it VANDALISM

Finly Owner
23rd October 2010, 11:06 PM
This has been done by mindless 4WD'ers just out to have fun @ any cost.

Woof
23rd October 2010, 11:19 PM
This sort of crap gives us all a bad name:mad::mad:

Finly Owner
23rd October 2010, 11:26 PM
:mad::210:Look @ the shop wall!!!!!!!! The vacant block is in between the shops and fuel station. The Console operators cars have even been covered in mud by the idiots , "having a bit of fun"!

They're not happy just going a couple of k's up the road and playing in the mud, they have to make it hard on us who have a conscious.

And yes they are patrols, hiluxs, landcruisers, you name it. See them congrugating around servo all the time. But didn't catch wich lot it was.

It boils my blood seeing idiots doing senseless vandalism like this.

It's like get a 4B, make it noisy, make it high, give it big wheels, and just make a mess no matter who owns what property.

Don't get me wrong mud is fun, but, appropiate activity at appropiate venue!

YNOT
23rd October 2010, 11:28 PM
That could have been done by a 2WD. Brave doing it right in the middle of Logan Villiage. Pity you didn't get a photo of the bikini billboard straight across the road!

Tony

Finly Owner
23rd October 2010, 11:32 PM
That could have been done by a 2WD. Brave doing it right in the middle of Logan Villiage. Pity you didn't get a photo of the bikini billboard straight across the road!

Tony

Could have Tony, but I see the young 4wd hoons in there very often. And believe me it's very wet in there. I parked without locking hubs and dared not stray into that slippery sticky mud.

Maxhead
24th October 2010, 08:43 AM
It certainly could be fun for some but this is not the place to do it, and as said above it gives us 4wders a bad name if it is 4wd's seen by public.
As Tony said this could have been any car not just a 4by.
These morons have no where to go(like a private property or designated land) so they're gonna rip up anything they see.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do about and there is more young blokes getting out of their riceburners and getting into 4wd's.

AB
24th October 2010, 08:49 AM
Next time your in the area Timbo go throw a hand full of nails in the wet area...lol

YNOT
24th October 2010, 09:10 AM
That will only slow them down Andy, there's a big grassy paddock over the road that they will cut up next.

Tony

patch697
24th October 2010, 09:22 AM
Well If you were lucky (unlucky) enough to see them in there doing it grab a quick vid & keep it on hand cos this type activity could bring a world of pain down on local 4B owners if not stopped.

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 09:40 AM
Now that i am older and wiser, I would say its Vandalism but yeh as NissPat said, "These morons have no where to go(like a private property or designated land) so they're gonna rip up anything they see."

Sorta agree with that statement, but I believe morons don't care if there is private or designated land for them they will still rip up anything they see.
But a guy on the wrong side of a locked gate is still vandalism he on the other hand would use private or designated land

Bigrig
24th October 2010, 11:02 AM
Problem is boy racers (who would typically buy some JapCrap to do burnouts) who inevitably purchase a 4wd and think it's a 'doughnut' machine ... as per Todd above, maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy (and I'm not that old), but all too often I see younger blokes who get a fourbie, only to whack the biggest lift, biggest tyres, biggest engine etc in it to offset their lack of actual capability (i.e. throw enough gizmos and power at it, and you can climb anything and they feel like a hero without having any concept that most others can do it too, with a bit of proper knowhow). Then they end up doing this sort of garbage because they are "so cool" in front of their mates being able to do burnouts ... yes, yes ... I know all about peer pressure etc, and that has become the modern excuse as opposed to a direct reflection of lack of proper education in this space, lack of REAL consequence (like impounding the car for 1-3 months minimum for first offence, 6 months plus for second offence etc, etc, with suspension of license at the same time), AND diminishing areas close to the city where they can let loose with this sort of behaviour ... and I reckon at least half of them have probably never even been on the beach, or in a 4wd park, or in a state forest with their cars ... they buy them coz they look 'tuff' ...

Rant complete ... thankyou for your attention!! LOL

marc b
25th October 2010, 05:16 PM
Someone needs to get out there and take some video fotage and take some regos and give it to the cops so they can get done under the hoon law and get there cars taken of them. then they mite learn not to do that stuff in town.

wildgu6
25th October 2010, 06:34 PM
Well said in all the above, but marc said it best. Well done

AB
25th October 2010, 08:10 PM
Problem is boy racers (who would typically buy some JapCrap to do burnouts)

Great rant mate!!!

I like to call them Rice Burners...lol

Is it just a mexican (VIC) saying or do other states call them rice burners too???

Woof
25th October 2010, 09:03 PM
I call them "Doof Doofs" and they always seem to have a length of sewer pipe hanging out the back as an exhaust:confused:

Finly Owner
26th October 2010, 02:01 AM
That will only slow them down Andy, there's a big grassy paddock over the road that they will cut up next.

Tony

Yah right of course Tony, but they go down the forest, why can't they leave it there?
And it is 4B's just ask the console operators about the mud on their cars. Of course they do it when it's only one women on who is not meant to venture outside of a night.

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 02:35 PM
Great rant mate!!!

I like to call them Rice Burners...lol

Is it just a mexican (VIC) saying or do other states call them rice burners too???

Nah ... we call them Rice Burners also, I'm obviously not up with the lingo (hence proof of my 'fuddy duddyness') ... aren't 'doof doofs' more the Lebanese/Greek etc machines - usually commodores with sub woofers bigger than the tyres?? Or am I even more out of touch than first predicted? ... I'm feeling old all of a sudden ...

AB
27th October 2010, 02:44 PM
Nah ... we call them Rice Burners also, I'm obviously not up with the lingo (hence proof of my 'fuddy duddyness') ... aren't 'doof doofs' more the Lebanese/Greek etc machines - usually commodores with sub woofers bigger than the tyres?? Or am I even more out of touch than first predicted? ... I'm feeling old all of a sudden ...

Nah, I call them tosspots!!!....lol

yeah you would think doofs doofs would be those guys who drive around with 17 subwoofers blasting 7000 decibels in the streets.