PDA

View Full Version : Security

Crankshaft
10th August 2012, 11:41 PM
The loss of the TANK has started me thinking about security for "Red".

The MQ MK models are really pretty easy targets and I probably need to upgrade.

Without giving away your secret if you have one, because some of the nasty lowlife may read this forum, what experience or recommendations do you have. I would like to install something that HURTS :sterb003::sterb003::sterb003:such as a cattle prod but you cant do that.

So, any clever suggestions? :210:

Cranky

Stropp
10th August 2012, 11:45 PM
Nail gun under the drivers seat!

Finly Owner
11th August 2012, 12:58 AM
lots of locks

patch697
11th August 2012, 01:36 AM
The loss of the TANK has started me thinking about security for "Red".

The MQ MK models are really pretty easy targets and I probably need to upgrade.

Without giving away your secret if you have one, because some of the nasty lowlife may read this forum, what experience or recommendations do you have. I would like to install something that HURTS :sterb003::sterb003::sterb003:such as a cattle prod but you cant do that.

So, any clever suggestions? :210:

Cranky

Sorry to hear about your Rig there mate, its a F%$#ed thing to have happen & there's lots of little low cost things you can do to make things harder on the lowlifes who sink to the low act of theft but no matter what you do if they're that keen then they'll get it no matter what you do short of locking it in a vault.

I really wish you all the best in recovering your Rig.

Irvs
11th August 2012, 02:35 AM
Put a switch that only you know where it is in the starter motor circuit, can't steal it if they can't start it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

snewin
11th August 2012, 05:41 AM
Something in the ecu that locis the doors, cuts the brakes and puts the throttle on full a minute after being started without the key or code or switch.

NissanGQ4.2
11th August 2012, 06:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your Rig there mate

Wasn't his rig he was referring 2 *L*

I still then explosives are the way 2 go :)

AB
11th August 2012, 07:00 AM
What about a manual glow plug button hidden somewhere. I know you'll have to manually prime it yourself everytime you start it but most thieves wouldnt figure that out...

Steering lock would deter them for a little while as well.

Also, those GPS tracking devices hard wired to the Patrol and stashed under the dash somewhere are starting to sound promising these days with whats being happening. It wont stop it being stolen but you send an sms to the GPS device and it replies with the co-ordinates of your stolen Patrol. Then rock up to the destination with guns blazing...lol

threedogs
11th August 2012, 07:09 AM
I have GPS tracking in mine, It will let you know where 4x4 is, what speed its doing and even records who's in it.
As suggested wont stop it being stolen but you'll know where it is.
Mine works off a SIM card and cost less than $60

97_gq_lwb
11th August 2012, 10:29 AM
Almost any alarm system these days has atleast a 4 point immobiliser built in.
And have an ultrasonic sensor fitted as well for glass breakage or in cab movement detection.
So set it up to disconnect glow control, starter, injector pump or coil + if petrol, and even a fuel cut off on the line somewhere between the tank and engine.
Between the alarm blaring and the above this would stop 99% of would be thieves.

Benno7
11th August 2012, 01:17 PM
If it a diesel put a relay and switch on the fuel cut off solenoid. if a petrol get a fuel cut off solenoid and do the same.

MQ MAD
11th August 2012, 02:47 PM
Put a switch in the main power to ignition harness
No turn on switch no power,itll never ever start
Any patrol fitted with an electric fuel pump, run a seperate switch for the pump, no turn on the pump/pumps itll get 50 metres at most

Its only kids and joy riders you wanna stop, the professional theif will know their way around any system
GPS tracker is good, but unless your on its tail of the mark,or within a few minutes,it can be either burnt or stripped in a few hours

Crankshaft
12th August 2012, 06:50 PM
I also found this thread that has been going for a while.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2940-DIY-Anti-theft/page1

Cranky