PDA

View Full Version : In between Fishing and 4WD'ing ... I got married!!

Bigrig
23rd October 2010, 08:56 AM
Yep, that's right ... married ...

Took the plunge and thought, it's going to happen at some stage, so it may as well be in the middle of a 4 day weekend at Moreton Island fishing and 4wd'ing ... I kid you not. The wife was all for it.

Top weekend (i'll post some pics later - of the 4wd'ing and fish of course ... who wants to look through wedding photos??), 33 people, 5 cars, 10 fishing rods, good food, beautiful scenery, plenty of grog, and of course, a wedding ceremony on the beach ... me and the missus were lucky to make it back in time as we both had a line in till about an hour before the ceremony!!! She loves all things outdoors, so quite frankly, the perfect wife :bowdown: !!! Half the guests were in cargo shorts and button up shirts (no shoes all round) - very casual and just the way we wanted it.

Anyone else done a 'big' event like this? Let everyone know the most off the chart, casual, impromptu etc event you've ever been to/organised.

AB
23rd October 2010, 08:59 AM
Thats great! Your a lucky man and congratulations!!!

I'm not married yet and getting severly harrased by my partner, friends, family...yep....lol

Bigrig
23rd October 2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks mate

Throw the method above past yours as an idea for the wedding - irrespective of whether you do it that way or not, if she agrees to the concept, she's a definite keeper!!! LOL

Maxhead
23rd October 2010, 09:19 AM
You poor bastard.......what were you thinking?

just kidding mate, well done and congratulations. Big plunge but well worth it .

patch697
23rd October 2010, 09:19 AM
Mate congrats to you & your new wife............... What a way to get married, now thats something to remember.....Well done.

Bigrig
23rd October 2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks patch697 ... memory is not something any of us have much of after the weekend though - thank God (I think) for cameras!!

Nisspat - not sure what I was thinking old mate, but after my wife finished rigging up my line, passing me a coldie, lighting my smoke, and driving me back to the resort when I was half cut, I thought "she's alright for a woman you know"!! LOL

Maxhead
23rd October 2010, 09:34 AM
Nisspat - not sure what I was thinking old mate, but after my wife finished rigging up my line, passing me a coldie, lighting my smoke, and driving me back to the resort when I was half cut, I thought "she's alright for a woman you know"!! LOL

HAHAH, Sounds like you're on a good wicket there mate, I'd be holding on to that one for a while.....I just have to find myself one of those..ooops, did I just say that! it's all good mine doesn't read this forum.

patch697
23rd October 2010, 10:31 AM
HAHAH, Sounds like you're on a good wicket there mate, I'd be holding on to that one for a while.....I just have to find myself one of those..ooops, did I just say that! it's all good mine doesn't read this forum.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH...........You wonna bloody hope note Kris or you'll be needing a new one sooner than you think......lolololololololol

Maxhead
23rd October 2010, 11:09 AM
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH...........You wonna bloody hope note Kris or you'll be needing a new one sooner than you think......lolololololololol
LOL...it's all good mate, She'd have a laugh at it with me . We've been together for a good while now so the royalty treatment has worn off...hmmm what have I done wrong..haha

patch697
23rd October 2010, 03:17 PM
the royalty treatment has worn off...hmmm what have I done wrong..haha

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.............You did things like a man..........................lololololololololol

AB
23rd October 2010, 08:14 PM
but after my wife finished rigging up my line, passing me a coldie, lighting my smoke, and driving me back to the resort when I was half cut, I thought "she's alright for a woman you know"!! LOL

What the hell???

you must be the luckiest guy in the world.

I am the complete opposite, something more like this...

I just finished rigging up my line and had the first cast and I hear a scream to say "your coming to visit my parents". I go get a cold one and they are sitting on the bench luke warm because she had to make room in the fridge for something. Then I go to light a smoke and she has stolen my lighter...lol....Jokes!!!

Woof
23rd October 2010, 08:38 PM
Good on you mate, congratulations to yourself and your wife.:bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup:

Finly Owner
23rd October 2010, 09:10 PM
Congrats, to you both.

Only thing better would have been to invite your new friends on here.

Oh well not family yet I s'pose.

LMAO congrats.

Bigrig
24th October 2010, 10:10 AM
No sister Plasnart, but a fairly effeminate brother that I can get you in touch with!! LMFAO

Finly, now here's what we should do - I should organise a one month 'anniversary do' for me and the missus, I'll organise it at Jenowan, Spring Farm, or somewhere, and invite every from the forum to be there before we arrive ... on arrival, I'll tell the missus "geez, I didn't think there'd be this many people booked in", and on parking the car, you all yell "SURPRISE!!" ... at that point, she'll realise it's a party, and I can't start introducing myself to the array of people who just wished us good cheer whom I've never met!! ....

Sound like a plan?? LOL
Next time I'm heading up Tamborine way I'll let you know - be good to catch up and have a beer.

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 11:08 AM

Top weekend (i'll post some pics later - of the 4wd'ing and fish of course ... who wants to look through wedding photos??), 33 people, 5 cars, 10 fishing rods, good food, beautiful scenery, plenty of grog, and of course, a wedding ceremony on the beach ... me and the missus were lucky to make it back in time as we both had a line in till about an hour before the ceremony!!! She loves all things outdoors, so quite frankly, the perfect wife :bowdown: !!! Half the guests were in cargo shorts and button up shirts (no shoes all round) - very casual and just the way we wanted it.

congrats to you and the missus, sounds like the only way to get married. My missus has been asking me for the last six years when are we getting married, think she has givin up now *L* when the day finally does come I hope its a wedding ceremony on the beach with a fishing rod in a hand, bourbon in the other and the missis at home looking after the 2 kids *LMAO*

AB
24th October 2010, 06:03 PM
congrats to you and the missus, sounds like the only way to get married. My missus has been asking me for the last six years when are we getting married, think she has givin up now *L* when the day finally does come I hope its a wedding ceremony on the beach with a fishing rod in a hand, bourbon in the other and the missis at home looking after the 2 kids *LMAO*

Better hope she doesnt walk past the computer whilst this bit is up Todd or you'll get a clip behind the ears...lol

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 06:17 PM
Better hope she doesnt walk past the computer whilst this bit is up Todd or you'll get a clip behind the ears...lol
nah she has already come to the conclusion my love for the forum comes first *L*

nickpeacock36
24th October 2010, 06:29 PM
Congratulations mate. how was Moreton? we just booked 5 days in the crimbo holidays.

Bigrig
24th October 2010, 07:27 PM
Awesome is all I can say mate - it's just a top spot - nothing full on from a 4wd point of view, but heaps of great beaches and tracks, great fishing and not too crowded generally ... have a good one over there mate - hopefully the weather will turn it on for you - that's when you feel like you're in paradise!!

Finly Owner
26th October 2010, 01:41 AM
No sister Plasnart, but a fairly effeminate brother that I can get you in touch with!! LMFAO

Finly, now here's what we should do - I should organise a one month 'anniversary do' for me and the missus, I'll organise it at Jenowan, Spring Farm, or somewhere, and invite every from the forum to be there before we arrive ... on arrival, I'll tell the missus "geez, I didn't think there'd be this many people booked in", and on parking the car, you all yell "SURPRISE!!" ... at that point, she'll realise it's a party, and I can't start introducing myself to the array of people who just wished us good cheer whom I've never met!! ....

Sound like a plan?? LOL
Next time I'm heading up Tamborine way I'll let you know - be good to catch up and have a beer.

Sounds like a plan

gec
26th October 2010, 03:07 PM

Took the plunge and thought, it's going to happen at some stage, so it may as well be in the middle of a 4 day weekend at Moreton Island fishing and 4wd'ing ... I kid you not. The wife was all for it.

Anyone else done a 'big' event like this? Let everyone know the most off the chart, casual, impromptu etc event you've ever been to/organised.

good on ya mate but if ya dwell on the negatives it will only get ya down, the idea is to only concentrate on the good things like 4wding and fishing then when ya go next time ya wont be put of by dwelling on what else could go wrong LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 01:28 PM
Top call mate - the old 20/20 hindsight has kicked in, and now I realise it was all a ruse to get me over there and get married ... well, I'll show her - next time we go, no ceremony!!! Fishing, drinking, smoking, eating, and 4wd'ing only!!! LOL ...

DX grunt
28th October 2010, 09:42 PM
Congrats Bigrig.

May you and yours spend many nights on the beach.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Bigrig
29th October 2010, 07:45 AM
Thanks Ross - spend many nights on the beach we will ... rod in one hand (fishing rod lads!! lol), tinnie and smoke in the other ... I guess I could have been romantic and suggested "hand in hand" with each other, but who am I kidding!!!