PDA

View Full Version : Hectic

Trolatron
8th August 2012, 07:35 PM
Went out with a mate last week we ventured down a hill to a river then on the way back out it rained and things got a bit slippery. It took us over 3 hours to go 100m.
My mate had no winch so using snatch block and my Tiger11 I had to winch him up the hill infront of me then winch myself up and as you will see we had to winch ourselves back onto the track a few times, I even had to use my winch to pull the back end of my trol back onto the track.The Tiger performed excellent as to my battery as we done a good 20 or more winch sessions and in the rain and it was in the dark.I actually had a great time.

Short video of one session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydn5q7nUJqw

healy
8th August 2012, 09:05 PM
That's some wet track there lucky you were in the patrols

AB
8th August 2012, 09:51 PM
Bit of ice skating...lol

megatexture
8th August 2012, 09:58 PM
is there a vid posted as my comps not showin it up if it is haha

Trolatron
8th August 2012, 10:01 PM

Not sure if this helps.( same Video )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydn5q7nUJqw&feature=player_embedded

NissanGQ4.2
8th August 2012, 10:38 PM

Embedded link works fine on my lappy

04OFF
8th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Embedded link works fine on my lappy

Same ^

Thanks for posting, that video is pretty cool, looks like you would have been stuffed if you didn't have a winch, & that snatch block paid for itself right there. ;)

Trolatron
8th August 2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks for posting, that video is pretty cool, looks like you would have been stuffed if you didn't have a winch, & that snatch block paid for itself right there. ;)

Your not wrong there mate,in the vid there Big Red ( 36"Peeds & 6" lift) had slid of the track and was up against 2 trees he got away with only a broken side mirror.

taslucas
9th August 2012, 07:38 AM
Hahaha nice! Good proper wet!

Hey Ray i think i know that red patrol. Does the owner work at a certain engineering company next to a pub? If it is, its been up my place with the previous owner. Damn tough rig!

pooroll
9th August 2012, 03:33 PM
Hey Lucas, yeah I used to work there. was dannys old patrol. Was a pretty extreme short trip but we both worked well together to get ourselves out of trouble and i cant recommend that tigerz11 winch enough as my rig isn't a light bus and it moved it with is ease. Thanks Ray for saving our skins, keen for this weekends gravel pit challenge.....

taslucas
9th August 2012, 03:41 PM
Hey Corey, yeah I'm mates with Danny. Ive seen that red beast haul some @rse! When I had a amateur 4wd comp at my place, he was the only one to get up the big hill... Those simex are awesome!
What's the gravel pit challenge? Is that up Calder?

Tap, crackle, pop

Trolatron
9th August 2012, 05:01 PM
Yeh Lucas its on Calder Road (Behind Bramich’s Concrete) Saturday 11th 9am – 4pm approx.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/194856620641417/215412245252521/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

taslucas
9th August 2012, 05:26 PM
Awesome I'll have to come for a look. We rode the bikes to checkout the last one that was a bit further up Calder road but we were too late, only a couple of guys there still

Tap, crackle, pop

Trollol
10th August 2012, 03:24 PM
Awesome video haha just a 'touch' slippery

Winnie
10th August 2012, 03:31 PM
Ready to do it all again this weekend guys???

taslucas
10th August 2012, 04:16 PM
Ready to do it all again this weekend guys???

Born ready....