PDA

View Full Version : The tank has been knocked off

GQ TANK
7th August 2012, 10:38 PM
The tank has been knocked off from the melton railway station today.

Can you keep your eyes open for it.

Its a silver lwb MK patrol - with GU rims with Herc AT, arb bar, supercheap winch, snorkle and roof rack.

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2012, 10:44 PM
That is F&$ked mate

Post a couple of pics up here and I will put the word out. Are you member of Mud Rhrino? Good spot for getting the word out with a heap of blokes out that way.

Pics mate.

Bastards

Clunk
7th August 2012, 11:14 PM
Absolute bloody tossers mate, sorry to hear about it........ hope you get it back all intact soon.

growler2058
7th August 2012, 11:15 PM
I cant say what i wanna say family friendly forum an all so lets hope ya get it back mate
Like mudrunner said chuck pics up here

megatexture
7th August 2012, 11:55 PM
I think I’m going to have to invest in some security this is crazy how often this s#!^ is happening!.
I feel for you mate no one deserves this crap I hope it gets found unharmed or.... as a burnt out wreck that’s got THE THIEF'S BODY IN IT!!!

got insurance?

nissannewby
8th August 2012, 12:13 AM
Unfortunately there seems to be a few of these types of threads popping up on here. It is disappointing that people feel they can do this and think they can get away with. All the best with the outcome hopefully you get it back. Anyone up for a vigilante group?

GQ TANK
8th August 2012, 12:23 AM
Trying to work out how to post a picture.

Its very distinctive with "Melton 4wd drive club" acoss the top of the windscreen

MudRunnerTD
8th August 2012, 12:33 AM
Have you got anything in photobucket mate or if you have a couple on your phone you can post them using tapatalk or send them to me and I will post them for you. Pm me for my number if you need it bud

MEGOMONSTER
8th August 2012, 05:46 AM
Anyone up for a vigilante group?

I'll volunteer for this but not for vigilante activities, just to look for the car and anyone trying to sell bits then b*** the s**t of them and walk them to the police station via a dog collar t**d to the back of a car

aussiemale
8th August 2012, 05:52 AM
Can only guess on how gutted you must feel

AB
8th August 2012, 06:01 AM
Sorry to hear the news mate. As mentioned get some photos up too...

NissanGQ4.2
8th August 2012, 06:39 AM
Any links 2 pictures of TANK on the net already, face ache, 4wd club website, here,.......etc???

Put your post on our face ache page as well for you. Spreading the word.

Cheers

Todd

Maxhead
8th August 2012, 07:08 AM
Sh1t mate, bad news. Hope you find your toy mate.

..........on the move

macca
8th August 2012, 07:13 AM
I was really hoping the title meant something else, mate I really hope you have a good outcome from this.

Macca

taslucas
8th August 2012, 07:52 AM
Thats bullsh!t mate. Absolutely gutted.... I hope you find it intact.

Winnie
8th August 2012, 07:55 AM
Hate reading stuff like this. Absolute scum of the earth!

Tappa tappa

Silver
8th August 2012, 08:44 AM
Mongrels. Mongrels with good taste, but Mongrels.

The BigFella
8th August 2012, 08:49 AM
Hope you get him back dude,,,,,,,, mongrels!

threedogs
8th August 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm just down the road ,so I'll keep an eye out for you. You might be better off looking for 4x4 with your tyre/wheel combo. Mates son just had his nicked for a smash and grab up your way. what a pack of low life scum, hope you find your 4x4 in one piece' Whats Australia coming to. This is not the Australia I know and love

MudRunnerTD
8th August 2012, 09:40 AM
The tank has been knocked off from the melton railway station today.

Can you keep your eyes open for it.

Its a silver lwb MK patrol - with GU rims with Herc AT, arb bar, supercheap winch, snorkle and roof rack.

Hey mate.

Really keen to see some pics of this car bud. A rego number too please. pm me if you cant get you pics on line and i will host them and plaster them everywhere for you bud. Lets get you bloody car back mate.

MQ MAD
8th August 2012, 10:41 AM
Post something on faceache .....
Bloke whos GQ got nicked posted something up and someone found it within a day,BUT,it was burned to the ground, not even stripped just torched
I hope you get it back and its not beyond repair

Bloodyaussie
8th August 2012, 11:39 AM
Faarrrkkkiinnn Caarrrnnnttsss, I am sick of all this stealing and people out only for them selves ...

Keep a watch on ebay incase they start stripping it.

Crankshaft
9th August 2012, 07:21 PM
and if caught the courts will only give a slap on the wrist . I hold them while you swung the sword and cut off the hand.

Good luck with it.

Time for some security...

threedogs
9th August 2012, 07:27 PM
Need your pictures asap, so we know what to look for
I have sword

White Elephant
10th August 2012, 02:10 PM
Nothing worse than thieving little 'c' words. Scum of the earth, shoulda been a stain on their parents sheets. Hope you get it back mate. Dogs...

Edit-dogs are noble, bad choice of word... :)

89gqpatrol4x4
10th August 2012, 06:37 PM
I feel for you mate. Hope you get her back and hopefully karma does exist, because these pr*cks need to be taught a lesson as the courts do nothing! This sh*t makes me so angry. Why do they think they have the right to take what someone else has busted his arse to get, I would love to catch someone in the act doing that to one of my cars.

Finly Owner
10th August 2012, 10:16 PM
MK Tank(less), sorry mate, for my sick humour, but thought you might get a slight giggle. I hope you get the ol beast back. I wouyld be devastated if they stole FINLY.

As we grow on this forum and swell with members we will be exposed to more members being gutted by these lowlife, air stealing, excuse of a human being, criminals.

Tim

rusty_nail
10th August 2012, 11:14 PM
hi mate, sorry for your loss, its a shocker of a thing. i hope you find it and very soon!!!

Nic

macca
11th August 2012, 07:53 AM
Keep opening this thread hoping to hear some good news.

scotty83
11th August 2012, 11:26 AM
Keep opening this thread hoping to hear some good news.

Yeh same. Sorry to hear about this. The facebook notice was great too.

GQ TANK
11th August 2012, 08:09 PM
Still looking

GQ TANK
13th August 2012, 12:00 AM
PICTURES HAVE BEEN LOADED INTO THE FORUMS ALBURM

mk sTOLEN tank

MudRunnerTD
13th August 2012, 12:11 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18936&d=1344778103

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18937&d=1344778103

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18938&d=1344778103

NissanGQ4.2
13th August 2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks Darren, you bet me 2 it, I got him to email them to me, but have only just checked my emails. Was just about 2 upload them and they were already there!

MC97GQ
15th August 2012, 06:04 AM
Hey MK Tank,

Like macca I opened this thread completely expecting something else,

Mate I hope you get your pride and joy back intact and they catch the scum that did this.

Good luck

Mark

GQ TANK
17th August 2012, 07:56 PM
The tank has been found in Watsonia - the other side of the city.

Got a call from the boys in blue that the tank had been sitting in a private car park in watsonia since last sunday.

It was being towed to a yard for the crime scene guys to put the black powder all over it.

Dont know what its condition is.

growler2058
17th August 2012, 07:58 PM
Good news mate...hopefully the @#$%s havent frocked it up

MEGOMONSTER
17th August 2012, 07:58 PM

Got a call from the boys in blue that the tank had been sitting in a private car park in watsonia since last sunday.

It was being towed to a yard for the crime scene guys to put the black powder all over it.

Well at least they found it I guess, hopefully as you had it.

Winnie
17th August 2012, 07:59 PM
That's great news mate I hope they haven't violated the tank. Good luck!

DX grunt
17th August 2012, 08:01 PM

The black power will probably mean they have dusted it for fingerprints. I watch a lot of CSI. lol

You have my absolute sympathy. Whatever the outcome...there is an outcome. Hopefully to your advantage.

Take care out there.

Rossco

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2012, 08:03 PM

Makes you wonder how a stolen vehicle gets into a private car park and sits there for a week before been reported

Anyway great news if its not in to bad of a state. Kept us posted mate

threedogs
17th August 2012, 08:07 PM
Thats great, at least you have it back, hopefully there is not too much damage.
maybe just joy riders wanting to get home.

growler2058
17th August 2012, 08:07 PM
Woulda been sitting there unlocked and no one touched it. Hopefully Althea pinched it just to get home and haven't flogged the ringer outa it

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

growler2058
17th August 2012, 08:08 PM
Three dogs great minds think alike and post alike hahahahahha

threedogs
17th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Well growler we do have Patrols,like drinking etc etc etc

macca
17th August 2012, 08:26 PM
Thats good news, look forward to hearing the rest of the story as it unfolds.
Cheers Macca

GQ TANK
17th August 2012, 08:48 PM
The black powder can be a pain to get off.

Will advise once I know its condition

Steve4wdin
17th August 2012, 09:10 PM
Good to here you got the tank back. Hope it is all good, I hate thiefs. Once upon a time a man got hung for steeling an other mans mode of transport!!!

MC97GQ
17th August 2012, 10:14 PM
Nice one mate,

Keep us posted, I hope they haven't trashed it, just a ride home maybe.

When do you hope to get Tank back.

Mark

the ferret
17th August 2012, 10:20 PM
Hope it's all good for ya mate.
The black powder is bull shirt, just making out they are doing something special.
I hope it's all there.
keep us posted, cheers the ferret.

my third 256
18th August 2012, 10:41 AM
do what the arabs do, cut their friggin hand off

nissannewby
18th August 2012, 07:09 PM
Good to hear mate hopefully its still in the same condition as when it left.

GQ TANK
22nd August 2012, 08:10 PM
Still waiting on the insurance company to acess if tit has any damage.
\

Still dont know what has been taken-

growler2058
22nd August 2012, 08:29 PM
Won't they let ya see it?

GQ TANK
22nd August 2012, 09:31 PM
I have been up bush for most of the week for work, plus the truck is on the other side of the city.

GQ TANK
23rd August 2012, 08:53 PM
Got a call from the insurance comapany today.

I had the option of getting it back or having it written off

I took the write off option, as I will be able to upgrade - GQ here I come.

Im going to morrow to grab any "personal items" that where left by the low lives who knocked it off.

AB
23rd August 2012, 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear the news mate!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
23rd August 2012, 09:08 PM
Must of done a bit of damage if they classified it as a write off.

Take some pics

............... and welcome 2 the GQ club *L*

Bloodyaussie
23rd August 2012, 10:05 PM
GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ.... light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!

Steve4wdin
23rd August 2012, 10:12 PM
GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ GQ.... light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!

Is the light a "GU" coming to save you??? hahahahahahahahahahahahaahah...................... .................................................. ...ha

Silver
23rd August 2012, 10:14 PM
In addition to personal items, which i take to be loose stuff like clothes tools etc? Can you unbolt and take away any stuff that wasn't listed on the policy? If you can, will they offset the payout by the same amount?

Mate's Pathfinder was written off by a particularly aggressive rear ending Camry taxi! He likes those extra warranties, and bought one for the Pathy. As it is written off, the extended warranty has no work to do. However he says the fine print means that he cannot claim an amount for the unused value of the warranty on his insurance.

Sad this ended the way it did - good to see you are planning for the next one, this time, a GQ!

Bloodyaussie
24th August 2012, 08:13 AM
Is the light a "GU" coming to save you??? hahahahahahahahahahahahaahah...................... .................................................. ...ha
Well better a GU than a Pajero or and Land rover!!!!!!

Winnie
24th August 2012, 08:17 AM
Think I'd rather drive a lawn mower everywhere than drive one of those!!

You're gonna have to change your name to GQ TANK now, but then Bigrig might have something to say about that!

Irvs
24th August 2012, 12:31 PM
In addition to personal items, which i take to be loose stuff like clothes tools etc? Can you unbolt and take away any stuff that wasn't listed on the policy? If you can, will they offset the payout by the same amount?

Mate's Pathfinder was written off by a particularly aggressive rear ending Camry taxi! He likes those extra warranties, and bought one for the Pathy. As it is written off, the extended warranty has no work to do. However he says the fine print means that he cannot claim an amount for the unused value of the warranty on his insurance.

Sad this ended the way it did - good to see you are planning for the next one, this time, a GQ!

If your mate had a patrol it would have just bounced off his rear bar, you should educate him on his next purchase, haha

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

GQ TANK
24th August 2012, 09:13 PM
I visited the tank today. They had been 4wding and got stuck as the recovery straps where covered in mud.

I was very suprised that the low lifes had left my tools, hand winch, CB radio and other godddies in the truck. They took a first aid kit ,my air compressosr & and a 20 k bag of chicken food.

I grabbed all me "personal" bits plus the roof rack, winch driving lights drawers and cargo barrier.

The insurance company had previsly advised me that these would not be covered - so I took them

Left the front & rear bars on the truck.

Silver
24th August 2012, 09:27 PM
If your mate had a patrol it would have just bounced off his rear bar, you should educate him on his next purchase, haha

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

very very sore point, that, with only one redeeming feature :-)

He had the mighty TD42 GQ. Until his son drove it off the road, backwards at high speed into some trees. Sadly, the trees won.

Happily, the lad is ok. Feels terrible about it too, it seems. As he should!

Speaking of towbars, he took some pics of the Pathy. The tow hitch is pointing straight down at the ground :-) I can't remember what year the Pathy was, but it was pleasant enough on road and on good dirt. Thirsty though, close to my Petrol Mav from memory.

Silver
24th August 2012, 09:29 PM
A sad but necessary duty, MK Tank.............

GQ TANK
8th September 2012, 07:53 PM
Got the payout from the insurance & went and put a deposit on TB4.2 GQ,

Im now looking aT CHANGING THE NAME - MAYBE.

89gqpatrol4x4
8th September 2012, 08:15 PM
Maybe a silver lining to it all in the end. And welcome to the mighty GQ club! There will be no looking back now, except to see if any gu's can keep up LOL

RyanH
9th September 2012, 09:59 PM
Sad to hear about your car, but glad you got it sorted in the end. Makes me wonder how secure my own vehicles are now.

Winnie
9th September 2012, 10:05 PM
Could be a blessing in disguise hey. Never something you would want to see done to your pride and joy though.

89gqpatrol4x4
10th September 2012, 05:18 PM
Could be a blessing in disguise hey. Never something you would want to see done to your pride and joy though.

sometimes you've got to look on the bright side or the little turds that stole tank have won!