PDA

View Full Version : What 37" tyres to buy

nissanluvr
7th August 2012, 08:05 AM
Hi all gunna go upto 37" tyres but not a huge range out there just wondering if anyone has run any what have handled and lasted well?

Ben-e-boy
7th August 2012, 08:07 AM
comp spec maxxis trepadore stickies.

nissannewby
7th August 2012, 08:35 AM
Maxxis Trepatores in the sticky compound or BFG Krawlers

97_gq_lwb
7th August 2012, 09:02 AM
I have faith in bfg had a few sets different sizes and grades over the years and they all performed well .

nissannewby
7th August 2012, 07:15 PM
Theres actually quite a few companies who make a 37" tyre. Mickey thompson do 3 that I know of (MTZ, ATZ and Claw), BFG (Krawler or KM2's), Maxxis (bias and radial trepadore, bias and radial creep crawlers and mudzillas), Procomp, Simex(centipede but only in a 36")

nissanluvr
7th August 2012, 09:06 PM
thanks guys are the trepadore stickys realy soft? iv heard they dont last long with a bit of road work i dont do much highway work but still want a tyre what last a while

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Where are you going to be driving it mate? What State? What kind of terrain? What model Patrol?

nissanluvr
10th August 2012, 08:48 AM
hey bud im in vic and allot of rocks bush tracks swamp pretty much everything iv got a 99 gq ute with 7 inch lift and all the gear running 35 at the moment but want my diffs off the ground more as there the only things wat hit

nissannewby
11th August 2012, 10:54 PM
The sticky treps are soft and arent suitable for road use. Any of the bias ply tyres are generally not suited to road and arent legally although the size generally isnt. The other thing you may want to think about is some sort of upgrade for the front end and possibly some reduction gears with that size tyre. If you dont already have these.