hey all just wondering how i should go about getting more travel from my lwb mk

MQ MAD
6th August 2012, 03:43 PM
Extended shackles, not legal in most states for road use

2 " reset springs and shocks to suit

More clearance,maybe a body lift,check legality with that one

Silver
6th August 2012, 07:20 PM
depending how important load carrying is for you - a lighter rate spring pack. Or one where the rears have flatter heavy leaves at the bottom of the stack, if load carrying is important.

Go and bend the ears of the local spring place - not necessarily just the 4wd places, but the generic spring works - they can probably do something with your existing springs

silly one
6th August 2012, 08:01 PM
k i have a 2'' bodylift 33s and a holden v8 up front wich would be about the heaviest thing il carry 4 a while till i start making up sum custom bars n sliders so its pretty much just a fun truck that i drive to and from work every day was thinking of getting my springs reset but wasnt sure if they could do a 2'' reset with standard springs ??? also ive read a couplve ppl saying they disconect the sway bar ????? so mabey a h/d quick release for the link pins or leave them disconnected tho wasnt sure how this would handle for everyday driving

MQ MAD
7th August 2012, 11:20 AM
There are a few running around without the front swaybar,many just rip em off,when goin the reset springs
Tho you can just make up longer mounting pins and throw it back on ,most cant be bothered
Id wonder IF the diesel engine would weigh more than a V8, those diesels are heavy as
IF your car was an L28 from factory and a V8 has been fitted, the springs in there mite not be strong enuf for the extra weight of the eight
The diesels have heavier duty springs morso than the petrol as the diesels are heaps heavier than the L28 petrol
Check your ID plate it should tell you what it had when new
IF it was a petrol, throw some diesel springs in there
The springs in there mite be over 30 years old now and could have sagged over time,new springs even standard will make it sit better ???

Finly Owner
11th August 2012, 12:32 AM
I am going to investigate doing a lift block on the chasis, under the spring hangers. But, you can also get 3" lift leaf springs from BigRigs other half, form her work. I can't remember the companys name.

Tim

Bigrig
11th August 2012, 08:16 AM
I am going to investigate doing a lift block on the chasis, under the spring hangers. But, you can also get 3" lift leaf springs from BigRigs other half, form her work. I can't remember the companys name.

Tim

Thanks Tim - PM me mate and I'll pass on the details as the missus will sort you in price also (forum mates rates).

MQ MAD
11th August 2012, 02:50 PM

Tim
Theres a bloke on patrol4x4.com that done this, think fitted RHS spacers under the spring hangers, but itll stuff your tailshaft angles

mudski
11th September 2012, 11:31 PM
My MK shorty I had I reset the springs to 2inch, plus a 2inch body lift. With 33's under it. Then I removed the sway bars. I didn't notice any difference on the road without the swaybars..

markmk
1st October 2012, 03:13 PM
to fix tailshaft angles what about a wedge

MQ MAD
2nd October 2012, 09:56 AM
to fix tailshaft angles what about a wedge

Wedges under the diffs ,many do this to correct diff flange/tailshaft angle issues