PDA

View Full Version : My MK....Clean and Tidy but needs a new colour I think. Let me know what you think..

Jack'M Shorty
5th August 2012, 12:10 AM
All standard at the moment but I think the time has come to freshen up the bodywork a bit. Luckily there is very little rust and as you can see from the photo's very few body marks at all. Open to colour suggestions!

Anyone know where the best place in Perth in to have the L28 rebuilt?

Silver
5th August 2012, 01:44 AM
Looks well looked after. Nice.

Ade
5th August 2012, 02:45 AM
Nice one mate..looking cosy inside.

I've seen one here painted in white, 33" tires and couple of inches lift I reckon..love it!

Ade

Jack'M Shorty
5th August 2012, 05:11 AM
gotta get rid of the farm gate across the front first! I am going to be installing some speakers and amp first run off an android tablet so i will post pics once that is done and then it will be on to the paint. I too was thinking 33's and a lift in the long run.

Silver
5th August 2012, 06:48 AM
yes, that bar does have a certain character, doesn't it :-)

A mate had a shorty, second hand, but back in the 80s, that had an alloy bar similar to what came out on the Mavericks, but for some reason there was at least 300mm clearance between the bar and the grille. The space down at chassis level was filled with expanded metal. Maybe it was intended to drop a winch cage in there at some stage......

It did nothing for front approach angle, but provided somewhere to sit and put one's feet while say, setting the points. Mind you, it was just about impossible to work on most of the engine from the front while standing on the ground :-)

Are you going to go mad and change the colour of the engine bay, and 'inside' door metal work etc? Or put another way is the engine bay already the colour we see (gold?), or another colour? If it is another colour, maybe go back to that for a more original look?

Finly Owner
11th August 2012, 12:44 AM
love the colour scheme, agree about that bull bar!

Tim