PDA

View Full Version : Crashed Again!

AB
21st October 2010, 03:27 PM
Well the servers crashed again who provide the forums hosting.

No info lost but lost all of the visitors and members who were on here today so apologies once again folks!

Might be time to find another provider I think!

rkinsey
21st October 2010, 04:06 PM
AB. This company is in the US but they have some great hosting packages that not a lot of people can match or beat.

I have our soccer clubs website hosted with them for the past three years and haven't had an outage yet (www.minchinburyjets.net). Although its a HTML based website, I am converting it to a PHP content managed system hosted by these guys. After a lot of research, Siteground has the best product at the best prices that I could find.

www.siteground.com

here is a referer link http://www.siteground.com/friends.htm?referrer_id=112647

Cheers,

Rob

AB
21st October 2010, 04:25 PM
Cheers Rob, I'll check it out. I use Planetdomain which in the past have been great. In fact up until a couple of months ago I can't recall an outage at all but lately they have been terrible!

rkinsey
21st October 2010, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure what your space capacity is at this time or what your bandwidth is but with Siteground I'm on unlimited everything (Email accounts, FTP accounts, disk space, bandwidth etc etc) and it only costs the club about $83.00 per year (yep $6.95 per month) plus my domain admin of $15.00 per year.

I make about $80.00 per year with google adds (I'll step that up this year with ebay as well) so its almost free for the club.

Cheers,

Rob

AB
21st October 2010, 08:26 PM
Thats about 5 times less then what I pay here. Ive just been with the same guys my whole life and have been too lazy to shop elsewhere.

Bit like sticking with Telstra and the commonwealth bank...haha

Woof
21st October 2010, 08:56 PM
AB, just spoke to Paul and Cindy from http://www.attitude-emedia.com/ may pay to speak to Paul, can't recommend them enough, but see how you go mate.

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2010, 09:04 PM
time to host it yourself Andy.........oh hang on that's right, some useless company laid the cables to your house and it would crash more than be up and running.... not a good idea after all. I would host it for you AB but that same useless company laid the same crappy cables at my place 2!!!!

AB
21st October 2010, 09:15 PM
My god!!! Just crashed again!

I'm calling them now and going to rip through the poor person who answers the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2010, 09:19 PM
funny i just posted my post about the crash and then it crashed again. ok it wasn't funny..... time for a change AB......

Maxhead
21st October 2010, 09:23 PM
funny i just posted my post about the crash and then it crashed again. ok it wasn't funny..... time for a change AB......

Ahhh, so it's you. lol
Infraction time AB

Woof
21st October 2010, 09:26 PM

Yeah me to Todd, it wasn't me

AB
21st October 2010, 09:35 PM
Alright, angry Andy just came out and has been promised it's all fixed and will NOT happen again....lol

They are going to put us on another server that runs on a more secure system bla bla bla.

Last chance so we'll see what happens folks!

Apologies once again!

Maxhead
21st October 2010, 09:40 PM
No need to apologize mate.

Keep them on their toes to keep the best service you can get or move on.

I've had heaps of DNS problems with my ISP and they give me the same story all the time"we are upgrading equipment,etc, etc"
Thinkig of changing but I do want to keep my email address the same so might have to put up with few outages for now

AB
21st October 2010, 09:43 PM
Cheers Kris, I used to brag about how reliable these guys were...Never had a single problem with them but the last few weeks has been a nightmare!

Last chance...lol

AB
21st October 2010, 09:49 PM
Well the solution seems to be spend more money AB...lol...See below.

Dear Andrew,

I'm sorry about the outage today. We've had 3 major disruptions in the
past 3 weeks, 2 of them within our control and 1 outside of it.

Currently the server you are on is a single stand alone machine so when
that goes down, the site is offline.

We own a group of companies including Netregistry. Netregistry runs its
hosting solutions on clustered/cloud based solutions which provide
higher availability. Presently you are paying around $ per month for
the service you have, you may want to look at moving to the Netregistry
product and infrastructure, however the cost is higher starting at
$more money AB per month for a product that will meet your needs.

If you want more information regarding that I'm happy to discuss.

I believe generally what you've seen in the past 3 weeks is not our
normal level of service and that by you not changing anything you'll see
better uptime in the coming months.

Woof
21st October 2010, 09:51 PM
PM sent AB

AB
21st October 2010, 10:17 PM
Well, their last chance lasted about 2 minutes as it just crashed again!

Ok, I'll start looking into changing hosting tomorrow guys....Not a happy camper!!!

AB
21st October 2010, 10:33 PM
My provider is having some serious issues tonight guys and it keeps dropping in and out so bare with me and after it all settles down I will be looking at a more reliable hoster for the forum.

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2010, 10:33 PM
Ahhh, so it's you. lol
Infraction time AB

No infraction time for me.....it was all The Dogmans fault, he pleads guilty *L*
No need to apologize AB, this sort off stuff is out of your control, nothing to say even if you changed to another host you wont have probs every now and again. Gotta love computers and technology *L*
it crashed again before i got 2 post!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2010, 10:36 PM
My provider is having some serious issues tonight guys and it keeps dropping in and out so bare with me and after it all settles down I will be looking at a more reliable hoster for the forum.

They must be using Telstra cable, or maybe they just cant afford to pay there electricity bill and keep switching the computers off to save some money *LMAO*

Woof
21st October 2010, 10:37 PM
AB we will still be here when everything sorts itself out mate, not your fault so have a beer and relax, these things happen and there is not much you can do about it at the moment.

rkinsey
21st October 2010, 10:47 PM
If you need a hand AB, just sing out.

Cheers,

Rob

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2010, 10:52 PM
AB we will still be here when everything sorts itself out mate, not your fault so have a beer and relax, these things happen and there is not much you can do about it at the moment.

x2 but bourbon, cause i cant stand the taste of beer

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2010, 10:52 PM
If you need a hand AB, just sing out.

Cheers,

Rob

x2 not that i know what i could do to help, but the offer is there

rkinsey
21st October 2010, 10:56 PM
x2 not that i know what i could do to help, but the offer is there

Just keep the whiskey coming ... !!!!

Chops
21st October 2010, 11:13 PM
Gone 5 mins and look what happens.

AB
22nd October 2010, 07:51 AM
Well today is a new day...lol

My misses ended up giving me a beer and ordered that I turn the computer off as she could see the pulsating vains in my forehead about to explode and smoke pouring out of my ears so I just had to turn it off last night...lol

Thanks for the suggested help guys but like you all said, not much we can do....I hate relying on other people!

Finly Owner
22nd October 2010, 11:32 PM
Take some help if someone can give it Andy. These days it doesn't get offered to often. Sorry I'm no good at what you do.

Sir Roofy
23rd December 2010, 04:39 PM
thank you so much got it to shrink to size uploaded it ok now just to work out how to do the next step because it still has not gone into the forum but thank you so much for the help :)

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 04:50 PM
No worries mate - think you replied in the wrong thread though!!! LOL

Maxhead
5th April 2011, 09:02 PM
Did the forum momentarily crash or what? I was getting nissanpatrol.com.au database error but was able to surf other pages

growler2058
5th April 2011, 09:03 PM
SAME SAME Same

AB
5th April 2011, 09:09 PM
lol...Yep something just happened...I just 75 emails of errors on the forum so 75 members just had errors...Not sure what just happened.

Maxhead
5th April 2011, 09:11 PM
lol...Yep something just happened...I just 75 emails of errors on the forum so 75 members just had errors...Not sure what just happened.

Yep, it only lasted about 15-20 secs.

growler2058
5th April 2011, 09:11 PM
OOPS pardon me....hahahahaha