PDA

View Full Version : New Shoes

Irvs
3rd August 2012, 09:33 PM
Gday all, just bought a Maverick LWB and was wondering what tyres you would recommend for it, currently has Bighorn 33's on 15x8's with less than 10 thou on them. I've driven on worn Bighorns before and the sound is shocking and braking in the wet is left to the gods so I'd rather leave them for trips

Having said that I'm not really looking for an inbetweener more a good long wearing road tyre that has good handling and brakes well.

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed, I will be getting a new set of rims to suit as well.

Cheers,

Irvs

growler2058
3rd August 2012, 09:52 PM
Mickey Thompson 4 rib ATZ, in saying that im getting good k's from my MTZ's rotating regularly

Irvs
4th August 2012, 01:04 AM
Cheers mate, I've had a look, seem like a good option, also like the Cooper ATR's , anyone had these before?

Clunk
4th August 2012, 01:15 AM
If its just a road tyre your looking for, my old man has had a good run out of his Yokohama Geolander H/T-S on his Pajero. I can't comment myself but he reckons they're great in the wet as well. Personally i'd stay away from the Bridge stone duellers...... shocking wear and even worse in the wet.

Irvs
4th August 2012, 01:46 AM
Cheers Clunk, do you know what kind of mileage they get?

Clunk
4th August 2012, 10:52 AM
Cheers Clunk, do you know what kind of mileage they get?

So far he's had about 50k out of them, with a fare but left, maybe get 70k out of them. Patrols are a different beast so I wouldn't want to hazard a guess........ Have you checked out the tyres and rims thread?

ghostrider_oz
4th August 2012, 02:12 PM
I've had Silverstone AT's on for just over a year now, maybe 50% wear not to noisy and bloody good in the wet if you want a slightly cheaper option, friends say stay away from the Silverstone MT on the road though don't stop in the wet. Best mate run Mickey T's on all his vehicles both MT and Baja's loves them, in the end depend on the coin and what you want to be doing

Irvs
5th August 2012, 01:36 AM
Hmmmm, I actually do quite like the reviews I've seen on the Silverstones, I'll look into them, what price did you get yours for ghostrider?