PDA

View Full Version : NO GEARS manual patrol MQ

DonnaT
3rd August 2012, 03:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with losing gears, reverse went first, then first, now second is on its way out. Is the problem with the clutch or the gearbox? any info would be really helpful

growler2058
3rd August 2012, 04:02 PM
Could possubly need an oil change. If theres no nasty noises i would think clutch is the issue, but i'd change the g/box oil first

Silver
3rd August 2012, 06:03 PM
wear in the linkages/bushes?

growler2058
3rd August 2012, 06:06 PM
x2^^^^^^^^^

grey ghost
4th August 2012, 08:22 AM
I had the clutch slave cylinder go .... But that lost all the gears ! Cost to replace was $25 .

MQ MAD
4th August 2012, 04:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with losing gears, reverse went first, then first, now second is on its way out. Is the problem with the clutch or the gearbox? any info would be really helpful

What exactly is it doin ???
How do you come the conclusion ???
Is the engine running and loose gears,do you get all gears with engine of ???
Does the clutch and master cylinder have fluid ???
Is there any evidence of leakage somewhere ???
Do you get any or all gears in low range as well as high,or is it just high range the issues ???

Could be anything from stuffed master cylinder, stuffed slave cylinder, no or little fluid,air in the system,scored slave cylinder bores sucking air (check the rubber boot at the slave cylinder if its split that could be the issue)
Could be the clutch getting worn down, mite need slight adjustment at slave cylinder rod,up under the dash at the clutch pedal
Or as bad as a stuffed gearbox .....
Check the simplest things like leaks, fluid amount,clutch pedal travel tolerance,bleed and flush the system,stuff like that

DonnaT
4th August 2012, 05:10 PM
Have just bled and flushed, no apparent leaks but have first and second gears back but reverse is still a no go. Have adjusted the clutch to no effect.

Finly Owner
4th August 2012, 08:58 PM
I'm guessing Silver is on to something. It sounds like a gear shift linkage loose or broken, or the shifter in the box may have snapped a roll pin.

Tim