PDA

View Full Version : National 4x4 show - Melbourne 24th-26th August

AB
1st August 2012, 09:50 PM
Anyone going to the Melbourne 4x4 show this year?

The National 4×4 & Outdoors Show and Fishing & Boating Expo returns to the Melbourne Showgrounds from 24th – 26th August 2012. There will be a huge range of 4×4 products and accessories on display, plenty of fishing, camping and outdoor gear, plus all the latest in boats and outdoor caravans and campers. Bring the family, bring your mates! There will be something to see and do for everyone!

Sir Roofy
1st August 2012, 09:52 PM
We,ve got it penciled in so we,l see how we go

AB
1st August 2012, 10:07 PM
Hope to make it too so let us know mate...

healy
1st August 2012, 10:41 PM
I'll be there for sure

AB
1st August 2012, 10:45 PM
I'll be there for sure

We'll organise a meet up then...

healy
1st August 2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah sounds good got some more goodies for the highly underpowered gq what day you thinking?

AB
2nd August 2012, 10:42 AM
Saturday sounds good to me...

healy
2nd August 2012, 05:34 PM
Saturday it is then

Bloodyaussie
2nd August 2012, 05:38 PM
Might see if any of my mates want to go???
My 40th the weekend before so might have to treat myself, he he!!!!!

AB
2nd August 2012, 09:00 PM
Might see if any of my mates want to go???
My 40th the weekend before so might have to treat myself, he he!!!!!

Wheres our invite...lmao

Old Wal
2nd August 2012, 09:52 PM
Never been.
Will have to mark the calendar.
The wife is off to Melbourne this weekend to watch some musical so surely it's only fair for me to go to the show later this month.

Winnie
2nd August 2012, 09:56 PM
I'll be there for sure with mates, already had it organised.

AB
2nd August 2012, 10:33 PM
Never been.
Will have to mark the calendar.
The wife is off to Melbourne this weekend to watch some musical so surely it's only fair for me to go to the show later this month.

More than fair mate, you have a free pass now!!!

Bloodyaussie
3rd August 2012, 08:12 AM
Wheres our invite...lmao
Well first off I dont have any mates!!!!!
What day you thinking of going, it's going to be chocka's is'nt it????

AB
3rd August 2012, 08:21 AM
I'm thinking Saturday. Its at the showgrounds so parking is plentiful.

Yep it will be massive turn out at the showgrounds thats for sure.

Sir Roofy
3rd August 2012, 04:56 PM
We will be there Sunday cos Jane has to work Sat.

threedogs
3rd August 2012, 06:31 PM
Definitely will be going, only time to meet interstate guys, just need to arrange ticket or two

Winnie
3rd August 2012, 06:38 PM
You can buy tickets there on the day.

beexy
5th August 2012, 02:29 PM
do they normally have good deals on gear there if anyone knows?

Winnie
5th August 2012, 05:11 PM
If it's anything like the show at Wandin then it will have great deals.
We were gonna get the train up but a friend has a party in Narre Warren that night so we're taking my car there.

threedogs
5th August 2012, 07:16 PM
You can buy tickets on the day, plus great deals to be found, Fridges seems to have great deals every year

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2012, 10:07 PM
I highly recommend you buy your tickets online and print them up and take them. The que sux and you just walk straight up and past the que if you have a ticket. ;)

Hold off buying tickets though guys, I noromally get a promotion code for a decent discount on tickets, when I have it I will post it up here. Likely something like "melb4x4" or something.

Watch this space

Winnie
5th August 2012, 10:12 PM
Sounds good!!

AB
6th August 2012, 08:51 AM
I highly recommend you buy your tickets online and print them up and take them. The que sux and you just walk straight up and past the que if you have a ticket. ;)

Hold off buying tickets though guys, I noromally get a promotion code for a decent discount on tickets, when I have it I will post it up here. Likely something like "melb4x4" or something.

Watch this space

Sounds good mate, let us know....Cheers!!!

Winnie
6th August 2012, 06:55 PM
So where will the NissanPatrol.com.au tent be located???

healy
6th August 2012, 07:17 PM

And I assume BBQ and beer provided aswell lol

AB
6th August 2012, 07:18 PM

Knowing the prices of those stands I think we should all meet up and do an unauthorised mobile tent...LMAO

Cbates
7th August 2012, 10:19 PM
definitely coming!

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2012, 10:28 PM
Ok you lot! Here is the heads up for discount online tickets to the Melbourne 4x4 show

Go. Here (https://secure.tradevent.com.au/National4x4Melbourne2012/)

And the promotional code is ==> "4X412"

Cheers guys

healy
7th August 2012, 11:44 PM
cheers for that just orderd my tickets

AB
8th August 2012, 09:06 AM
Cheers mr, I'll get some when I get home!

AB
9th August 2012, 01:25 PM
Just bought my tickets, cheers MR!

You can also win a $1000 of goodies by purchasing through that link...

threedogs
9th August 2012, 04:19 PM
should all wear purple caps or something so we know who's forum and who's not' secret handshake???lol

MEGOMONSTER
11th August 2012, 05:47 AM
Why not our new forum shirts.

AB
11th August 2012, 06:55 AM
We can also meet up somewhere at a certain time too.

tusman
12th August 2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the tip on the tickets Mudrunner going for sure

Flo-w
13th August 2012, 05:47 PM
Only way I'm not going is asteroid strike or something on the level.
Would be great to meet up somewhere too.

AB
13th August 2012, 08:19 PM
Sounds like we have a bit of a crew which is great to see!

When we get closer I'll check out the layout of the show and we can meet at a spot at a certain time for sure!!!

Alitis007
25th August 2012, 11:52 AM
Who's going sunday???

healy
25th August 2012, 04:51 PM
Got some new toys today at the 4x4 show light bar and a travel buddy and some switches massive savings pitty its only once a year

threedogs
25th August 2012, 04:55 PM
Saw some great products at show, 3 row led bar stood out, didn't dare ask price. Cost me $10 for chips and small drink, thought I was at the footy
As for Sunday might go again only around the corner

boots
25th August 2012, 05:46 PM
Went today between 11 and 3 . looked around the outdoor track at 12 and didnt spot no forum shirts , vests , hats . nor anyone inside aswell and no one said g'day to me and I was wearing me new shirt , ah well too bad so sad . enjoyed meself anyways .

Sir Roofy
25th August 2012, 07:45 PM
went today between 11 and 3 . Looked around the outdoor track at 12 and didnt spot no forum shirts , vests , hats . Nor anyone inside aswell and no one said g'day to me and i was wearing me new shirt , ah well too bad so sad . Enjoyed meself anyways .

so boots was it worth going to ?

boots
25th August 2012, 07:51 PM
I had not been for 3 years mate and did enjoy it . cannot get over the price of a camper trailer these days . OMG ..

Sir Roofy
25th August 2012, 07:55 PM
i had not been for 3 years mate and did enjoy it . Cannot get over the price of a camper trailer these days . Omg ..

haha mention 4x4 campertrailers and the price jumps up real quick

threedogs
25th August 2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah same old same old. was walking past a camper trailer and over heard wife say $25,000. all it was ,was a 7x5 trailer with fancy flip out tent
Was better at Jeffs shed, IMO WANDIN is a better event

Winnie
25th August 2012, 08:31 PM
Turns out I didn't go today, going tomorrow.

Tappa tappa

Sir Roofy
25th August 2012, 08:43 PM
turns out i didn't go today, going tomorrow.

Tappa tappa

well then might see ya there

taslucas
25th August 2012, 08:43 PM
Turns out I didn't go today, going tomorrow.

Tappa tappa

One word: .....slack......

I was counting on you to be me eyes on the ground!
Tap, crackle, pop

Winnie
25th August 2012, 08:53 PM
well then might see ya there

Say gday if ya see me, ill do the same.

Went to Melbourne with a mate today because he went to look at a new car. As much as I tried to talk him into a fourby he wants a commy ute

Tappa tappa

Sir Roofy
25th August 2012, 08:58 PM
say gday if ya see me, ill do the same.

Went to melbourne with a mate today because he went to look at a new car. As much as i tried to talk him into a fourby he wants a commy ute

tappa tappa

no worrys mate

AB
25th August 2012, 09:16 PM
Shame guys I stood at the high side of the arena at midday and met up with a couple of us but it was just carnage and hundreds of people swarming around when the monster truck started up.

Sorry fellas!!!

boots
25th August 2012, 09:18 PM
It did get buisy with people thats for sure .

AB
25th August 2012, 09:22 PM
Anyways here's some photos...lol

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 12:47 AM
Who's going sunday???

I'm going Sunday bout 1-2 o'clock.

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 12:52 AM
Who's going sunday???

Alitis007
26th August 2012, 12:36 PM

I'm here now !!

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 01:11 PM
On my way now, can't wait but scared about spending too much. I've already been warned.

Alitis007
26th August 2012, 03:22 PM
On my way now, can't wait but scared about spending too much. I've already been warned.
Haha so was i .. The only thing i wanted to buy they were out of stock ffs gota wait 2 weeks..

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 03:36 PM
Spending more time getting info then buying. More confused now then before.
So far I got about 10k of proposed purchases and about 2k for the boat.
F...f....f.....

Alitis007
26th August 2012, 05:15 PM
Haha it was a bit like that some of the guys trying to sell stuff had no clue and the prices of some of the stuff ther was ther retail price... So much for show specials unless your in the market for last years stock!!

threedogs
26th August 2012, 05:18 PM
X2 with above good way to clear old stock, you still get a good price
You need to know your prices though.

MEGOMONSTER
26th August 2012, 05:50 PM
No real deals, like Alitis says bloody retail pricing what a joke. Go so cut at the bulls..t, I walked out buying nothing. And if there was a saving you get 20 bucks off a$1k woohoo GET F.......what a joke and disappointing for me anyway.
Even the fishing pavilion had almost the same thing with prices.

Alitis007
26th August 2012, 07:27 PM
The real bargins i found were the tigerz11 winches synthetic 12000lb $450 thought that was a good price and i managed to get a quote on a ironman large recovery kit and rescue and salvage kit for $550 saving of $130 but thought it can wait lol but like i said before found these 7" hid spot lights for $240 a pair but they only had wide spread and i wanted 2 pencil. But the good thing is there gona honor the price when they get them in which is a good thing i guess.

Sir Roofy
26th August 2012, 07:37 PM
have to agree with the above was looking at some floor mates and was told they were a bargin price
said to the woman that they were cheaper in aldis
then was looking at high lift jack mounts for $90 the sales man tried but i said i cant justify that sort of money for them
when the jacks were $75 or so was a good day out
our vests stood out well the bloke at terrian tamer didnt want to talk YOUR A NISSAN MAN, THE BLOKE WITH THE JACKS LOL WHAT SORT OF RIG YOU DRIVE THEN BLUSHES STUPID QUESTION HE SAYS AFTER LOOKING AT US
but didnt see any one there that was a bit dissapointing maybe another time

AB
26th August 2012, 07:52 PM
I remember the misses had to go to the toilet in the main 4x4 inside area. I was just day dreaming and stood at a stand looking at some photos of 4wd's on their wall.

A bloke come up and said can I help you, still in a daze I just said no mate just waiting for the misses and browsing.

I looked up at the stand that I had been in for the last 2 minutes and it was the Toyota 4wd club of Victoria...LMAO!!!!!

With out a word of a lie my next reaction was to look around to make sure no one saw me...I just pictured someone off the forum saying arrrrr AB what are you doing mate????

Alitis007
26th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Hahaha that would have been classic to see the look on both AB's face and the club members face lol

BearGUST
26th August 2012, 08:49 PM
Not a heap of bargains that I saw either, I bought a tigerz 2 x 2.5m for $169-can't complain about that.

Winnie
26th August 2012, 08:55 PM
but didnt see any one there that was a bit dissapointing maybe another time

You saw me on th way home doesn't that count? Haha would have liked to have a bit of a yarn with ya but we were in a rush to get to Warragul.
As far as the show goes I was disappointed. Too many people for my liking! Wandin was a much better event in my opinion. I got two recovery hooks and bolted them to my bullbar but that was it.

Tappa tappa

Cbates
26th August 2012, 09:09 PM
Picked up 6 20l Jerrys for the Darwin trip I'm going on next month. 70 down to 49 a piece. Not bad including spouts that are worth 25 on their own. Also got a high lift and my boss got a fridge. Way to many people and the sales reps just agreed with what i was saying. I coulda said anything and they would have agreed....

Winnie
26th August 2012, 09:26 PM
I was walking past a stall that had LED spotlights, salesman was trying to explain the benefits of them to a man who was having trouble understanding. Salesman got quite nasty and said something along the lines of "I can't dumb it down any more than that, if you still don't get it now then you're not gonna get it ever." very unprofessional and I'm sure anybody that heard this happen would have been put off buying anything from this man.

Tappa tappa

Alitis007
27th August 2012, 12:35 AM
100% kristoffa ur rite 0 customer service i think they must have draged anybody off the street to have as sales men!! Thats why wen i go to these shows i get arrogant with them Give them a hard time haha atleast that devils taxi tonka truck put on a good show with a few wheelies lol

Winnie
27th August 2012, 07:06 AM
The bloke who owns devil's taxi and a few other trucks lives almost next door to my mate so I see it all the time. He practices wheelies on the road!

Tappa tappa

Alitis007
27th August 2012, 10:32 AM
The bloke who owns devil's taxi and a few other trucks lives almost next door to my mate so I see it all the time. He practices wheelies on the road!

Tappa tappa

Thats awsome!!! I wonder if he would take it bush for some mud bogging action like the yanks do?? I rekon that would be a sight to see.

tusman
27th August 2012, 05:48 PM
yep like you all said didn't seem to be a whole lotta bargins and I expected there to be a few more 4x4's on show. But I did get the Tigrez11 12000lb winch for $311, at that price even if it only last's me a few years I won't be upset

Sir Roofy
27th August 2012, 06:01 PM
You saw me on th way home doesn't that count? Haha would have liked to have a bit of a yarn with ya but we were in a rush to get to Warragul.
As far as the show goes I was disappointed. Too many people for my liking! Wandin was a much better event in my opinion. I got two recovery hooks and bolted them to my bullbar but that was it.

Tappa tappa

hey chris yes it counted mate was refering to the show mate,always ready to chat to you

MEGOMONSTER
27th August 2012, 06:07 PM
yep like you all said didn't seem to be a whole lotta bargins and I expected there to be a few more 4x4's on show. But I did get the Tigrez11 12000lb winch for $311, at that price even if it only last's me a few years I won't be upset

I actually don't remember a Tigerz stand must of missed it.

threedogs
27th August 2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah in the first pavilion, hidden in a corner

Sir Roofy
27th August 2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah in the first pavilion, hidden in a corner

it was out side behind the monster truck ride

AB
27th August 2012, 06:49 PM
Near the big xxxx gold stand side of the Arena

mudski
27th August 2012, 08:47 PM
Bloody spewin' I missed it. I was really keen to go but had to work all weekend :( I was going to park my Troll there with a big Tigerz POS junk sign attached to my roof rack :D

There used to be a big show of some sort years ago out Knox way or Lilydale. Is that still on?

Winnie
27th August 2012, 08:53 PM
You didn't miss out on much mate that's for sure.

AB
27th August 2012, 09:00 PM
Bloody spewin' I missed it. I was really keen to go but had to work all weekend :( I was going to park my Troll there with a big Tigerz POS junk sign attached to my roof rack :D

There used to be a big show of some sort years ago out Knox way or Lilydale. Is that still on?

Which show is that?

They have the little swap meet in Yarra Glen but not sure Lilydale had anything huge?

Don't know much about Knox area apart from their dodgy pool halls...LMAO

Winnie
27th August 2012, 09:22 PM
I would say he means the Wandin show, that's Lilydale.

If that's the case then yes it is still on.

mudski
27th August 2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah Wandin thats it. Last time was there i had a MK, I'm talking over 15 years ago.

4X4 KING
28th August 2012, 06:43 AM
Where abouts is the show located and what days? Hows the best way to find out about it?

Outrage
28th August 2012, 11:34 AM
Went on Saturday, got there right at 9, little traffic, drove right up to the parking ticket sellers, show tickets had a few empty ques so easy too, went straight to the stands I was interested in, got to talk to people straight away as was still quiet. That's the time to get there if you don't want to battle crowds.

After that just browsed around, watched the arena, outback stage, tried finding people I would recognise but didn't see anyone. Definitely very busy a couple hours after the start time, but as I'd already been to the stands i wanted, didn't bother me. Enjoyed the day all up.

A couple sections had decent specials (wasn't there to buy anything though), but agreed, most was retail price. I see the show as a place where companies are present to get their name seen, bucketloads of customers so they don't need to put big specials up to make a buck, only the smaller ones trying to break into the market will have good specials.