PDA

View Full Version : Fun day in Echuca

MEGOMONSTER
29th July 2012, 09:13 PM
Went to Echuca for an overnighter as my wife's sister was having a stall at the market up there and she invited us up for the night. Sunday morning set up the stall and dropped off all the boxes and me and her husband went for a looksy to see what we could find. Scenic drive was first. Really nice drive beside the river and goes for a few ks, we went off the main track and found plenty of water and mud, nothing too hard at all but we had a ball. Found a little sand hill that we had fun descending and thought I would never get up as it was really soft sand that crumbled under foot. 18481
Gave it try going up and did it easy, we really had fun here did it a few times
These were the only photos
We spent a couple hours in this park, real easy with plenty mud an water. Few ruts were a bit deep for me but got through anyway ( learnt plenty on my first trip with AB(thanks mate)).

Then we went to the (I think) Banyule state forest where thing got a whole lot different, water deeper, surface more muddy. I did this track melb cup w/end bit dryzabone real easy but today completely different and worried me, especially on my own with no winch.
But still kept going until I found one track that I thought was ok to go through but was proven wrong and bogged in, by myself, up to the side step. Got a whole lot of branches under the front and rear tyres but couldn't get out. Then the lords of Patrology heathed my calls and sent me a 4.5l huge lift 35 claws NISSAN PATROL to my rescue. He pulled me out real easy with all my new recovery gear. He then asked if we would like to join them for a splash around and I agreed. And boy did I enjoy the next few hours. Long deep ruts muddy, I was shocked that I even attempted them with no lift and tyres but help was right there. Absolutely the most fun I've had in my patrol, cannot believe the sh*t I went through today but I have to admit I did take 2 chicken tracks where the lead big patrol struggled to get through. Then spent the next hour at the car wash getting all that mud off my car, only to find really bad bush striping which the Missus is not impressed with but hey I bought it, I'll break it.
Both areas are real easy in the dry for anyone wanting a fun day out, but in the wet a little more difficult but still reasonably easy but fun fun fun and I'm hooked hooked hooked.
I had so much fun I forgot to go fishing

MEGOMONSTER
30th July 2012, 06:51 PM
The Missus having a real hard time accepting all the new pin striping on the the new troll from the weekend,

threedogs
30th July 2012, 07:22 PM
Did you reduce tyre pressure prior to 4x4ing??? IMO putting branches etc in ruts or whatever is good way to get stake through the sump try to avoid it. As next 4x4 wont be happy
Looks great, heard the river is right up at the moment

AB
30th July 2012, 10:23 PM
Sounds like you caught the big now mate well done!

Let us know next time your up that way as my inlaws live there.

MEGOMONSTER
31st July 2012, 12:16 PM
Sounds like you caught the big now mate well done!

Let us know next time your up that way as my inlaws live there.

Didn't really plan it, situation just fell in our laps

taslucas
31st July 2012, 05:10 PM
That's great mate. Good to hear the gods of patrology looked kindly upon you! It shows that in one day you can get bitten by the 4wding bug good and hard!
I bet all your thinking about now us which lift, which tyres, which winch.....etc etc lol

Tap, crackle, pop

rusty_nail
31st July 2012, 05:47 PM
nice one mate! next time your up that way if your keen for another bash let me know id be keen to come down as im at deniliquin so not far!

MEGOMONSTER
31st July 2012, 06:47 PM
That's great mate. Good to hear the gods of patrology looked kindly upon you! It shows that in one day you can get bitten by the 4wding bug good and hard!
I bet all your thinking about now us which lift, which tyres, which winch.....etc etc lol

Tap, crackle, pop

You got that right.
But I guess I've been thinking this since my GUrl was born.
Still haven't done my tax so still deciding on lift. Still undecided OME, KONI but swaying towards Koni.