PDA

View Full Version : Free Our Bush - Online Submission for Closures

oncedisturbed
28th July 2012, 10:51 AM
Ok, Mods please move to relevant thread if this is incorrect as I couldn't locate a relevant thread in the Great Outdoors section.

Over at 4x4Earth, an online petition has been set up inline with submissions from National Parks and Wildlife in NSW, this petition is also for National issues relating to closures etc.

I though it would be good to put up here to give members who are likeminded a chance to say "enough is enough" for rediculous closures etc and throw support behind if thet wish to.

The submissions close on the 3rd of August 2012.

www.freeourbush.com.au

growler2058
28th July 2012, 11:08 AM
I'm in.....

oncedisturbed
28th July 2012, 11:33 AM
There is also info going on with 4WDA and their site http://www.4wdaction.com.au/takeaction

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2012, 11:50 AM
There wasting there time,

National / State parks doesn't make the government money. It would cost them more money in maintenance to have the parks open to the public so of course they want them closed down.

Won't be long before the government sells of all the land to make way for development, money in there back pocket.

the ferret
28th July 2012, 12:04 PM
Yes, and the powers that be, want somewhere to house the people that come here by BOAT!!!
Notappyjan!
Cheers, the ferret.

taslucas
28th July 2012, 03:31 PM
There wasting there time,

National / State parks doesn't make the government money. It would cost them more money in maintenance to have the parks open to the public so of course they want them closed down.

Won't be long before the government sells of all the land to make way for development, money in there back pocket.

Youre on the money there. People are too quick to judge a government, they think they're getting locked out of areas because the government hates them. It costs to maintain parks yet doesnt make any money back. Two options are to close an area, or charge a bucket load in park fees to enter it. Most people dont want either of those options.....
while i have absolutely no idea what its like on the mainland i think generally a lot of groups are too quick to turn it into an "us and them" situation with slogans like "we're gonna bring the fight all the way to canberra" etc. We need more proactive groups not just people stirring up a fight.
Recently on the west coast of tassie we had a convoy and a protest rally starring roothy who said (and its a quote) "if they dont listen to us [in canberra] they're all dead men walking". That clip got played on the evening news. I dont want to be associated with that. I dont want people to think of that when they see me driving past in my Patrol.
BTW what happened on the west coast was this: Parks and wildlife closed 15 tracks out of 50. While fixing the worst rutted-out, washed-out bog holes and upgrading the ranger station and signage of the area.

Rant over lol

oncedisturbed
28th July 2012, 04:11 PM
This is true, my gripe is ineffective management and the mentality of "Just close it so we don't have to look after it"! This is very much the case in a lot of instances from DEC and Local Shires over here in WA.

There have been a lot of family groups, clubs etc trying to do the right thing and organise clean up days, track maintenance etc and then get bagged from the powers that be for "not having approval or shouldn't have done that" etc.

FESA and the SES over here are bagging DEC / Shires at the moment for this very reason of track closures / gates followed by big ditches dug behind the gates to prevent any vehicle access, residents are going off as some of the "gazetted" dirt roads are the only emergency exit points available to them when the main road is shut during fires etc. The old man is with SES over here and are having huge issues trying to access areas but are unable to. I am a volunteer shooter for DEC and also have problems trying to access areas when called out by them in which I have to walk at times considerable disance as I can not drive the rig, not world's best image walking down a main road with a rifle over the shoulder trying to find an injured animal.

Blatant dangerous areas I can understand being closed for being hazards but a lot of instances are just from being lazy.

At the end of the day, it is everyone's responibility to look after these areas, not just the Govt...trying to get common sense / common approach to it is the biggest hurdle we all face.

End to dummy spit, rant and boredom breaker at work...lolollololol

taslucas
28th July 2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks for teaching me a little more. Like i said, i have no idea what it like over there. Its very concerning that peoples emergency exit roads are closed. Theres definately a lot of red tape and its dis-heartening to hear that volunteers trying to do the right thing are not appreciated and supported.
Damn we have it good here......... When ya coming over!?

oncedisturbed
28th July 2012, 04:49 PM
not sure yet, hoping July school hols next year depending on coin and leave being approved. haven't been back since 99 and was great then, easy wheeling back of margate etc so have no idea what it's like over there now and it may end up a whirlwind trip, yet to see

taslucas
28th July 2012, 07:18 PM
Nice, well make sure you get up the northwest next time, ill show ya around

:hijacked: lol