PDA

View Full Version : Drop boxes vs caster bushes

Rosco
25th July 2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to ask which is the best way to go.
I have a 3 inch lift with EFS poly caster correction bushes fitted. The front 2 bushes have worn and need replacing. I bought the arm spacers to fit in the arms and move the diff forward so the 33's stop rubbing on the mudflaps.
I am now wondering if fitting drop boxes and genuine caster rubber bushes are better.
Any one tried both ways and found if one way is better than the other.

Cheers

Ross

MudRunnerTD
25th July 2012, 11:01 PM
No Brainer Rossco. The Drop Boxes all the way mate. correction bushes are junk!!

I run Drop Boxes and a 3" Old Man Emu on my GUIV and love it. You will take out the radius arm spacers too as this is built into the drop boxes.

I run Drop Boxes and a 5" lift on my GQ too ;)

You will Never go back!

Rosco
25th July 2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks Darren. have you had clearance issues like it states in the description? What brand would you recommend as these is a few now on the market. Ross

MudRunnerTD
25th July 2012, 11:53 PM
I have never been caught up on my Drop boxes in either car. I reckon thats a bit of a myth mate.

I have Superiors on the GQ and they require you to notch out the radius mount a little. I fitted these first and it is not a big job.

When it came time to fit them to the GU i sourced an alternative product that is a straight bolt up and WOW! Do that for sure mate! bugger the cutting! Straight Bolt up is the way to go!

Here is a link to the ones i have on the GUIV and they have been on for 4 years and they are Great mate! and cheaper than the Superiors to boot.

NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-GU-FORD-MAVERICK-DROP-BOXES-3-6-INCH (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-GU-FORD-MAVERICK-DROP-BOXES-3-6-INCH-/221077961238?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337945fa16#ht_804wt_1201)

Go for it Ross, they are great mate.

Cheers Darren

nissannewby
26th July 2012, 08:23 AM
You will have better road manners with drop boxes as your radius arm will be level in normal driving conditions.

04OFF
26th July 2012, 10:29 AM
Are drop boxed legal to just bolt in without approval in QLD Mat , i realise a 3 inch lift is not legal so wont make much difference anyway, but just wonder ?

nissannewby
26th July 2012, 04:58 PM
As far as im aware cos you arent modifying the chassis if its a straight bolt on. You can bolt coil braces etc on with out approval but i cant be 100% sure. I will have a look into it.

Rosco
26th July 2012, 11:40 PM
When I checked about it via a 4x4 shop they said it was ok because we are not modifying the chassis that it is ok, in Vic anyway.
I put caster bushes in a few years back because I thought the drop boxes would be illegal.
Should have put the boxes in then by the sounds of it.