PDA

View Full Version : GU Replacement rear lights power

Big_Roy
25th July 2012, 08:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I have trawled through the threads and found some useful info but I am still having trouble finding power for replacement rear lights. The vehicle is a 2006 gu series 4 ST. I thought the passenger side was plug and play and the drivers side need a piggy back from the passenger side.

So I removed the dummy lights and found a plug taped back on the passenger side, this had constant power to one pin but none of the other pins had power when parkers, brake, indicators etc were on. I noticed in the fuse box in the engine bay that there were empty spots for 'tail' but the spots had no socket so a fuse could not be put in.

Am I going to have to tap into the loom for the lights in the rear bar and run it up to the new lights or I missing something here, any help will be appreciated.

Cheers Roy

04OFF
25th July 2012, 10:01 PM
Yes thats how i did mine ,tap into lights in bar, plus run reverse wires over from the other side of the car

The BigFella
25th July 2012, 10:06 PM
I did mine last weekend, I ended up running a length of trailer cable from each light and soldering these into my trailer socket.
Used one common wire in each lead for the reverse lights, all good!!

Big_Roy
26th July 2012, 07:27 AM
Thanks guys, I thought that might be the case. Where did you run the cables from the trailer plug or bar lights too, ie where did they enter the body?

threedogs
26th July 2012, 07:39 AM
Hi they go up through the bung under the quarter panel, come out behind the jack and that small pull out on the lhs

The BigFella
26th July 2012, 08:43 AM
when I removed the plug from the drivers side I found the rear quarter had filled with wet mud,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmmm time to wash it out and dry with a heat gun, then applied some fish oil just for good measure.

scotty83
26th July 2012, 11:10 AM
I ran mine across from the other side, under the carpet and plastic kick strip at the back doors. saved my going outside.

Big_Roy
27th July 2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the tips fellas, tapped into the bar wiring last night and ran it up through the quarter panel bung. Looks neat and hopefully keeps the water out still, terminated the wires behind the rear lights because I'm still waiting for the new lights to show up, but the wires are there and tested so should only take half hour to fit them when they arrive.