PDA

View Full Version : Big_Fletcha's GU III

Pages : [1] 2

big_fletch
17th October 2010, 07:42 PM
Well i know i have already posted some pics of my patrol in the introductions area but i thought i would start a build thread as well for future mods.

My ride is a 2002 GU III, Gold and a Manual.
So far i have built a rear worklight bracket for spare wheel and mounted worklight. (Hella Twin beam, awesome at night)
I have also added:
- TJM bullbar
- lightforce 240XGT
- UHF and CD player
- 55w 6000k HID Hi/Low headlight upgrade (well worth doing)
- Airtec Snorkel that i myself have fully sealed
- Duel Bat system
I have also added manual boost with dawes and needle valve. Boost peak is 17psi and sits around 10-12psi at 110km/h with Exhaust temps around 260-300.

Future plans will be 33" tyres (unsure of what to get at the moment) and a 3" lift.
Will keep thread updated with progress :cheers:

NissanGQ4.2
17th October 2010, 08:03 PM
love the gauges setup, very neat

patch697
17th October 2010, 08:56 PM
That is one nice Rig & I very much agree with Tod those gauge pods are flash as...........

Chaz
17th October 2010, 09:41 PM
Very nice Fletch, thats going to be a rippa ride. Have to keep us posted on future mods.

big_fletch
19th October 2010, 11:05 PM
Dw I will be keeping thread updated.. next couple weeks will be tyres.. was thinking bighorns or maybe something like mtz's... so many choices :1087:

nickpeacock36
20th October 2010, 03:32 PM
Looks great, did you have to make a bracket for the cd and uhf? that was one of my plans on the to do list but i havent got htat far yet.

Woof
20th October 2010, 03:43 PM
Very nice mate, looking forward to seeing the new boots

big_fletch
20th October 2010, 05:13 PM
On mine I used the original brackets off factory radio as my uhf is din sized, brackets off old and onto new

NissanGQ4.2
20th October 2010, 08:16 PM
who cares about the cd and uhf..... look at the setup on the gauges!!!! wish i had something setup like that on my gq, time to start investigating on the how two's....i don't even know what gauges i would put in.....but i want one now!!!!!

big_fletch
22nd October 2010, 05:18 PM
I got the gauge pod from company called autron and am running vdo gauges, match perfectly with dash colouring.. another update ordered my bfg km2's today so will get pics up when fitted..$320 a tyre fitted and balanced for 285/75 16.. very happy with that purchase:bananadancing:

NissanGQ4.2
22nd October 2010, 06:34 PM
I got the gauge pod from company called autron and am running vdo gauges, match perfectly with dash colouring.. another update ordered my bfg km2's today so will get pics up when fitted..$320 a tyre fitted and balanced for 285/75 16.. very happy with that purchase:bananadancing:

I believe this is there website for anybody that might be interested

http://www.autron.com.au/newweb/index1280.htm

Thanx for the info big_fletch (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?848-big_fletch)

big_fletch
22nd October 2010, 09:45 PM
Yes that is the place I got mine from toddrhind, ordered via credit card on Monday, received wed morning.. couldn't recommend them highly enough for there service

mudduck
23rd October 2010, 09:07 AM
looks good mate

NissanGQ4.2
23rd October 2010, 01:03 PM
Yes that is the place I got mine from toddrhind, ordered via credit card on Monday, received wed morning.. couldn't recommend them highly enough for there service

Might have to take you up on the recommendation, unfortunately the GQ one is universal and not painted, and knowing me it would still be unpainted the day i laid the Patrol to rest *L*

big_fletch
24th October 2010, 07:48 PM
Yer my pod came unpainted as well, I don't see why you would lay the patrol to rest though, we all know it will go 4eva Haha

big_fletch
25th October 2010, 06:39 PM
Quick update i got my new tyres fitted today, my new 285/75 16 BFG Km2 mud terrains. Looks heaps better now i reckon haha

Woof
25th October 2010, 07:27 PM
Very nice Fletch, I want some but they will have to wait awhile.

AB
25th October 2010, 08:04 PM
You won't be dissapointed mate, guranteed!!!....lol

big_fletch
25th October 2010, 10:10 PM
Well I have already taken them for try out bush, through some mud holes and some steep rocky hills, you are right AB, they are a lot better than my highway 1's Haha.. very happy with them so far

billy61
7th November 2010, 06:30 PM
nice that black felgs

big_fletch
28th November 2010, 08:39 PM
Just a quick up date, have changed all of the front parker lights in my car to LED's to match the headlights.. Looks alot better and here is a pic.. Picture is from the Vic meetup trip as well haha

AB
28th November 2010, 08:55 PM
That's one very tidy and impressive 'trol you've got Fletch. And seeing it in the flesh was great!

Agreed, very nice set up mate. Even gave me a quick drive today too...hehe

Woof
28th November 2010, 09:06 PM
Great photo there Fletch, the weather looks a hell of a lot different to over here in the West mate..

big_fletch
28th November 2010, 09:06 PM
Haha yer was good, now to complete the list of modifications as well.. Cant wait to see Andy's rig and build when he gets it.... "The Foot Has Spoken" isnt that right AB lol

AB
28th November 2010, 09:08 PM
Haha yer was good, now to complete the list of modifications as well.. Cant wait to see Andy's rig and build when he gets it.... "The Foot Has Spoken" isnt that right AB lol

Time to suck up to the bank man now...lol

big_fletch
28th November 2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Dogman, Yer considering it was raining virtually the whole time, was actually realli nice, something abit different.. Driving through the forrest while it was pissing down.. Rather nice

Haha oh the joys hey AB.. U keep up doing the dishes and i imagine you can have anything you like lol

big_fletch
16th January 2011, 04:38 PM
A little update will be ordering a 2" Suspension Stuff Flexi lift this week and hopefully a set of proper steel rock sliders.. If finances allow also hopefully a Steel cage roof rack to top it off haha:bananarock:

big_fletch
16th January 2011, 09:04 PM
Good stuff mate. Make sure the sliders are infilled at the top with mesh or chequerplate etc. Sticks get caught between slider bars and vehicle body and damage your panels otherwise. Have seen this twice on different vehicles.

Thanks for the tip plassy, will do mate

Dark 1
18th January 2011, 12:11 AM
Top ride Fletch, looking foward to the photos of the new mods.

big_fletch
3rd February 2011, 06:34 PM
Change of plans guys Haha, decided to spend the extra and get a ridepro 3" lift with rox shocks, will be installing on Mon hopefully so pics will be up tues.. :clapping:

AB
3rd February 2011, 09:06 PM
Change of plans guys Haha, decided to spend the extra and get a ridepro 3" lift with rox shocks, will be installing on Mon hopefully so pics will be up tues.. :clapping:

Look forward to the pics mate!!!

big_fletch
3rd February 2011, 11:19 PM
Dw Andy I will get them up as quick as I can Haha

patch697
3rd February 2011, 11:39 PM

Thats the stuff mate, can't wait to see the pics.

RustyNails
4th February 2011, 12:03 AM
Nice rig Fletch, keeping posting the pics

Clunk
4th February 2011, 01:33 AM
Nice one Fletch, looking forward to the updates

bradmanda
8th February 2011, 04:08 PM
Wow very nice! Cant wait to get one and get all set up! (one slow step at a time unfortunately!!!)

Bob
8th February 2011, 04:55 PM
hopefully will see first hand on the Vic Meet at the end of the Month

Sir Roofy
8th February 2011, 05:15 PM
We,ll see you at coopers mate

big_fletch
8th February 2011, 07:16 PM
Yes yes i will def be at the meetup, wouldnt think of not taking the 4by out for some action haha

big_fletch
8th February 2011, 07:25 PM
Well guys got my lift installed today, and i am wrapped with it. :bananarock:
I installed a 3" Ridepro lift with 46mm Rox shocks... Came out a treat

Sorry about camera phone quality guys, all i had.
First photo is old suspension setup

Clunk
8th February 2011, 07:31 PM
great pics there Fletch and as far as I'm concerned any pic is a great pic no matter what they're taken with lol

big_fletch
8th February 2011, 07:36 PM
great pics there Fletch and as far as I'm concerned any pic is a great pic no matter what they're taken with lol

Thanks mate, im over the moon with how it came out lol
Alot nicer ride then the factory sagged stuff

Clunk
8th February 2011, 08:13 PM
yeah can't wait to get mine done but obviously need the mulla first. Also can't decide whether to go with the 2 inch or 3 in, I know I've seen it in here somewhere but can't remember If anything else is needed for a 3in lift, e.g. longer brake lines etc. I'll have to have another hunt for it later

big_fletch
8th February 2011, 10:22 PM
I'm not sure about the gq's, but I have done springs, shocks, front bump stop extensions, longer rear brake line and the old rear moved to front, steering dampner and caster.. only extra thing I gotta do now is draglink to center steering wheel.. I think gq is the same but needs slightly longer lower arms as well

Feel free to correct me though guys

Bigrig
8th February 2011, 10:30 PM
Looks great mate - nice ride height too.

big_fletch
8th February 2011, 10:59 PM
Looks great mate - nice ride height too.

Thanks bigrig:bigthumbup:

AB
9th February 2011, 08:40 AM
Looking good Fletcha, makes a huge difference!

Sir Roofy
9th February 2011, 08:50 AM
Looks good big fella looking foreward to seeing it in the flesh

MudRunnerTD
9th February 2011, 09:24 AM
Hey Fletch, that looks very tidy. Love the new lift mate. the 3" looks much better than 2" i reckon, they just sit that little bit higher and look like a lift.

looks great mate.

Timbo
9th February 2011, 10:49 AM
Congrats Fletcha.. looks hell tough now mate.

Stick with the 33's in my opinion. Once I wear out my 35's I think I'll buy a good set of 33" muddies.

buuuutttt.....the 35's do look awesome. lol.

Ok, buy some 35's now :D

big_fletch
9th February 2011, 04:15 PM
Congrats Fletcha.. looks hell tough now mate.

Stick with the 33's in my opinion. Once I wear out my 35's I think I'll buy a good set of 33" muddies.

buuuutttt.....the 35's do look awesome. lol.

Ok, buy some 35's now :D

Haha see timbo, that's the exact debate I am having lol

big_fletch
9th February 2011, 04:18 PM
Hey Fletch, that looks very tidy. Love the new lift mate. the 3" looks much better than 2" i reckon, they just sit that little bit higher and look like a lift.

looks great mate.

Thanks MR
Yer I agree, that little bit extra looks a lot tougher I reckon

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 07:07 PM
Sitting at home last night, watching tv with my beer and mate calls me up,
"Hey can you come out reedy swamp (4x4 play area behind shep) and pull my rodeo out, got it abit stuck"
Didnt worry me heaps, so i head out with my snatch and find him well stuck haha

-Filled headlights and driving lights with mud
-Filled car with water and mud, fried 4wd computer and UHF under seat
-snapped clips for front flare and bent sidestep

Worst bit is its not his car... Its his cousins haha (Whoops)

Here some pics for you, sorry about quality

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 07:18 PM
Thought i post up a random video of me going through a bog hole (just before i had my lift)
As you can tell i wasn't going backwards haha

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/?action=view&current=Video0005.mp4

Sir Roofy
11th February 2011, 07:37 PM
good on ya you got it dirty lol well done mate

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 08:00 PM
Haha that I did roofy

AB
11th February 2011, 08:47 PM
Is that before or after the BF's Fletch?

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 08:58 PM
The video is with the BF's, probs the only reason I got through..
Not to mention a lot of left/right with the steering wheel haha
The BF's are awesome, could just feel them pulling the car forward

AB
11th February 2011, 09:11 PM
The video is with the BF's, probs the only reason I got through..
Not to mention a lot of left/right with the steering wheel haha
The BF's are awesome, could just feel them pulling the car forward

Sweet, couldn't see them in the vid.

patch697
11th February 2011, 09:13 PM
Nice wheel work Fletch & very nasty biz with the Rodeo.... I'd be quite unhappy if it had have been mine.

Woof
11th February 2011, 09:34 PM
Very nice vid there Fletch, gotta love those BF's mate

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 09:39 PM
Yer for sure doggy, would def buy them again after the experience I have had

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 09:55 PM
My list is massive lol, but as plassy said, you just keep crossing things off :-)

giga2011
13th February 2011, 06:23 AM
Great Pictures!!

Dark 1
13th February 2011, 10:43 AM
Lift looks great Fletch, we all have a list mate. It's one of those things that as you cross one of another gets added.

big_fletch
13th February 2011, 12:37 PM
Great Pictures!!
Thanks mate

Lift looks great Fletch, we all have a list mate. It's one of those things that as you cross one of another gets added.
Haha to right it is, sounds like your in the same situation with your list mate

big_fletch
23rd February 2011, 08:23 PM
Thought i post up a photo of my sticker i got made for back window.. Sorry about pic quality

AB
23rd February 2011, 09:02 PM
Very nice Fletch, very nice!!!

What happened to the photo, was that a smudgy iphone or?

big_fletch
23rd February 2011, 09:11 PM
Yer pretty much AB lol, all I had on me.. looks good on the back and already had a chick wit a gq ask me about the site so hopefully can get q few extra members out of it.. I also used the Nissan font u put up on a thread lol

AB
23rd February 2011, 09:20 PM
Yer pretty much AB lol, all I had on me.. looks good on the back and already had a chick wit a gq ask me about the site so hopefully can get q few extra members out of it.. I also used the Nissan font u put up on a thread lol

I like how the .com.au is on the second line too...Puts more emphasis on the main words, ripper mate!

big_fletch
23rd February 2011, 11:03 PM
I like how the .com.au is on the second line too...Puts more emphasis on the main words, ripper mate!

Yer the local songwriter suggested it to me about the 2 lines, had a look at design and thought i want 1 lol..
In my opinion it adds a toughness to the vehicle Haha

growler2058
24th February 2011, 10:12 PM
She's a nice lookn truck mate looks tuff with tyres and lift i didnt look at all the posts before an only saw it stock. its amazing when you put your new shock n springs in then look at the old ones that come out and they look more at home on a corolla.

Clunk
25th February 2011, 12:33 AM
like the new signage Fletch, looks good

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 09:05 PM
What do people reckon of mounting lights on top of the bullbar like in the pic below?? Im not sure if it looks good, or says 'im a wa#ker' LOL..
I can now through work get 7" HID Driving Lights for $280 a light (thats what is in the pic on top of the bullbar) through work so am tempted to get a set lol

YNOT
28th March 2011, 09:13 PM
I think it looks OK but not sure if it's legal.

Tell us more about the lights.

Tony

Woof
28th March 2011, 09:36 PM
Definately illegal over here in WA, I know of a few people that have been pinged for having them mounted there.

DX grunt
28th March 2011, 09:36 PM
What do people reckon of mounting lights on top of the bullbar like in the pic below??

Are you scared of the dark? lol

Nice set . Having spotties ontop of your bullbar in WA, is canary material.

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 09:40 PM
U
I think it looks OK but not sure if it's legal.

Tell us more about the lights.

Tony

Am about to go outside and test the light now as haven't seen one in action yet, looks like would produce a awesome spread beam though.. Lights are made from what looks like same stuff as my lightforce with 35w 6000k hid's with internal ballast.. will let ya know how I go and might take a few pics as well lol

Dark 1
28th March 2011, 10:01 PM
Looks the goods Fletch, not sure about mounting on top of the bar tho [bit wankerish i reckon]
What about mounting on a roof bar or roof rack.

blake_gq4.2
28th March 2011, 10:13 PM
mate this thing is a monster love it, would look wicked in action on full flex, keep it up mate

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 11:13 PM
Looks the goods Fletch, not sure about mounting on top of the bar tho [bit wankerish i reckon]
What about mounting on a roof bar or roof rack.

Yer I was thinking that, I have just got back from testing them, distance isn't great but spread is pretty good... would be a good light for on the roof to light up around you

DX grunt
28th March 2011, 11:15 PM
Yer I was thinking that, I have just got back from testing them, distance isn't great but spread is pretty good... would be a good light for on the roof to light up around you

They could even be used so that you could see that you need to lift your game at footy tipping. lolololol

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 11:17 PM
They could even be used so that you could see that you need to lift your game at footy tipping. lolololol

Hahahaha nice one, dw its only round 1, plenty of time for me to get right out into first place lol

Clunk
29th March 2011, 01:58 AM
What do people reckon of mounting lights on top of the bullbar like in the pic below?? Im not sure if it looks good, or says 'im a wa#ker' LOL..
I can now through work get 7" HID Driving Lights for $280 a light (thats what is in the pic on top of the bullbar) through work so am tempted to get a set lol

Sorry mate, not my cup of tea I'm afraid, would definitely look better on the roof

timbar
29th March 2011, 02:05 AM
ive got them on my GQ and never been questioned bout them been stoped plenty of times and not 1 question but i had some on the roof of my MQ and was ordered to take them off i think they must be less than 1.4m from the ground too be legal not sure wat the laws are now that was 16 years ago

hekarewe
29th March 2011, 08:29 AM
Sitting at home last night, watching tv with my beer and mate calls me up,
"Hey can you come out reedy swamp (4x4 play area behind shep) and pull my rodeo out, got it abit stuck"
Didnt worry me heaps, so i head out with my snatch and find him well stuck haha

-Filled headlights and driving lights with mud
-Filled car with water and mud, fried 4wd computer and UHF under seat
-snapped clips for front flare and bent sidestep

Worst bit is its not his car... Its his cousins haha (Whoops)

Here some pics for you, sorry about quality

some did not heed the 1st rule of life,,,, never lend your tools car or wife cos they always come back f^&%(&(Ked LOL

big_fletch
29th March 2011, 04:51 PM
Yer might leave the lights off the top of the bar me thinks.. I will just continue my toss up between hid driving lights on roof or a led lightbar LOL

Sir Roofy
29th March 2011, 05:10 PM
Leadlightbar big fella would look awsome on your bar,not on the roof would make it un kool

Bigrig
29th March 2011, 06:02 PM
Yep - LED bar old mate!!!

big_fletch
7th April 2011, 08:58 PM
Yes I think I have the distance covered with the lightforce, will probably end up with led bar for a massively awesome spread lol

big_fletch
25th April 2011, 11:50 PM
Well didn't have a heap to do over the long weekend so ended up building a full size rear barn door table with led lights for at night..
Came up very well in my books, will get some pics up tommorrow for everyone

NissanGQ4.2
26th April 2011, 07:15 AM
well its now 2morrow mate and i want some pics!!!!

YNOT
26th April 2011, 07:23 AM
well its now 2morrow mate and i want some pics!!!!

X2, where are those pics?

Tony

Sir Roofy
26th April 2011, 10:45 AM
x3 hope its a good one

nowoolies
26th April 2011, 10:52 AM
x4 .........piccies we want piccies

GUtsy ute
26th April 2011, 11:12 AM
X5, Every loves a DIY, especially with pics.

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 02:21 PM
Well here are the pics of the rear barn door table i built..
Sorry for the delay to everyone lol
Total cost of build was $80 including the LED light

Nice and slimline
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/IMAG0200.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/IMAG0197.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/IMAG0199.jpg

LED Light off
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/IMAG0196.jpg

LED Light on (photos dont do the light justice)
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/IMAG0195.jpg

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 03:31 PM
Table is made from 6mm mdf with carpet on back and stick on vinyl floor sheets from bunnings.. Aluminium edging and stainless cable for supports..
70mm hinges for mounting to door and tonnau cover elastic clips to hold table upright..
Table should come in handy on those fun camping trips

NissanGQ4.2
26th April 2011, 04:00 PM
I'm on my way mate, I'll have x 1 please. And thanks 4 the pics....looks good

Bob
26th April 2011, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=big_fletch;71029]Well here are the pics of the rear barn door table i built..
Sorry for the delay to everyone lol
Total cost of build was $80 including the LED light

Nice and slimline

LED Light on (photos dont do the light justice)

Should have a Railing to stop the Stubbies being knocked off LOL LOL

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 04:54 PM
No worries, thanks for the comments lol..
Good idea bob, might have to make a modified version Haha..

YNOT
26th April 2011, 05:01 PM
Nice work Fletch. I wish I had a 2 post hoist in my shed.

Tony

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 05:06 PM
Yes I must say hoist comes in very handy Tony lol

Forced Offroad
26th April 2011, 05:06 PM
Thats a goodin there mate, nice build...

Dark 1
26th April 2011, 05:12 PM
Looks tops Fletch thanks for the photos, whats next on the list.

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 05:18 PM
Looks tops Fletch thanks for the photos, whats next on the list.

Thanks Kelvin,
Next on the list is a full size roofrack, pull out awning, shovel and highlift jack with holders and a 32" LED Lightbar..
All of that to be coming up very shortly lol

Dark 1
26th April 2011, 05:29 PM
Top stuff look foward to the piccies, let me know if i can help you out with the light bar.

GUtsy ute
26th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Top job fletch, good size too making full use of the available space.

I see the orders have started coming in already LOL

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 05:34 PM
Top stuff look foward to the piccies, let me know if i can help you out with the light bar.

Yep no worries, I shall give you a shout when it gets time to purchase one lol

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 05:35 PM
Top job fletch, good size too making full use of the available space.

I see the orders have started coming in already LOL

Yer I did notice that lol

growler2058
26th April 2011, 05:37 PM
Neato mate nice job

AB
28th April 2011, 08:52 PM
Great job Fletch, very neat and utilized the space perfectly mate!

Bigrig
28th April 2011, 09:04 PM
Yep, top job Fletch!! Very tidy!

big_fletch
28th April 2011, 09:08 PM
Thank-you guys, not as good as going away for the weekend but this was within my budget lol..
Still one less thing on my list, 1000 more things to go lol

Sir Roofy
28th April 2011, 09:08 PM
well done buddy as usuale for you very neat and tidey
but as bob said you need some rails lol

big_fletch
28th April 2011, 09:10 PM
well done buddy as usuale for you very neat and tidey
but as bob said you need some rails lol

Yer I know I didn't think of that, might have to modify it later on lol

snicko
4th May 2011, 09:03 PM
Nice rig Fletch just love a gutsy Patrol

oldcarsmaniac
8th May 2011, 08:04 PM
That's a serious offroader! Nice job, mate!

big_fletch
8th May 2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys

Future Plans are now
- 35" tyres with a possible change of diff ratio's
- Front Locker
- 43% reduction gears
- 3" Exhaust and Chip
- Roofrack and LED Lightbar
- Custom Made Drawes
- Superior gear under vehicle and possible upgrade to a 4" lift
- FIX THE DAMN DEATH WOBBLE

Bigrig
8th May 2011, 09:19 PM
Sniff, sniff ... do you smell what I smell?? A dead set weapon in the making!!! lol

Keep us posted old mate - awesome list of additions on the way!!

big_fletch
8th May 2011, 09:20 PM
Sniff, sniff ... do you smell what I smell?? A dead set weapon in the making!!! lol

Keep us posted old mate - awesome list of additions on the way!!

The best bit is im hoping to have most of it done by the 2012 meetup lol

Bigrig
8th May 2011, 09:22 PM
The best bit is im hoping to have most of it done by the 2012 meetup lol

Outstanding!!

big_fletch
8th May 2011, 09:23 PM
Outstanding!!

I Agree haha.. Better put down for some more overtime

big_fletch
15th May 2011, 07:21 PM
Did a few little things today, found my tailshaft was rubbing on crossmember so had to do a flip of that..
Also put a door extension bracket on little barn door, brilliant mod if you have a GU and definitely worth the $30

big_fletch
21st May 2011, 09:01 PM
Upgraded my headlight HID kit from a 35w to a 55w kit today after work.......
OMG talk about daylight, absolutely brilliant.. Will make night driving an absolute pleasure now Haha.. Just need some for my Lightforce 240's

If you don't have HID I would seriously think about investing in some, I would post up some pictures but my camera doesn't do it anywhere near justice

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 09:09 PM
Good stuff mate! Have you angled them down a bit to avoid burning out the corneas of oncoming drivers?? LOL!!!

big_fletch
21st May 2011, 09:14 PM
Yer of course mate, that's what the Lightforce are for lol

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 09:16 PM
Yer of course mate, that's what the Lightforce are for lol

Haha!! Too true - I've got the 240 Genesis on mine and they are something special ... have to change them over to HID's though to really light up the world!!

big_fletch
21st May 2011, 09:45 PM
Haha!! Too true - I've got the 240 Genesis on mine and they are something special ... have to change them over to HID's though to really light up the world!!

I was going to get the genesis but they weren't out yet, I have the 240xgt and am looking into putting a 55w HID kit into them as well..
Love my lightforce lights!! Nothing better than lighting up the world Haha

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 09:47 PM
I was going to get the genesis but they weren't out yet, I have the 240xgt and am looking into putting a 55w HID kit into them as well..
Love my lightforce lights!! Nothing better than lighting up the world Haha

Here here!!! lol

mudduck
26th May 2011, 09:36 PM
Coming along nicely Fletch, keep it up

big_fletch
26th May 2011, 10:05 PM
Coming along nicely Fletch, keep it up

Thanks mate, slow and steady build atm.. Will be keeping thread updated

mudduck
26th May 2011, 10:14 PM
You'll get there mate, I just posted some more pix of ours on a recent trip in my rides section.

big_fletch
26th May 2011, 10:25 PM
You'll get there mate, I just posted some more pix of ours on a recent trip in my rides section.

I shall duck over there now mate lol

big_fletch
11th June 2011, 12:40 PM
After searching and looking at various designs I just purchased a brand new full length steel cage roofrack off eBay (ARB knockoff), will be picking it up Monday arvo

AB
11th June 2011, 02:45 PM
Pictures Fletcha, pictures...lol

TUR7LE
11th June 2011, 03:05 PM
U got the pis of my new lights .... U should put them up for me

big_fletch
11th June 2011, 04:14 PM
U got the pis of my new lights .... U should put them up for me

Yer man no worries, will get them up asap.. You should start a members ride thread lol

TUR7LE
11th June 2011, 05:13 PM
Yer man no worries, will get them up asap.. You should start a members ride thread lol

I'll give it a shot soon

big_fletch
14th June 2011, 09:41 PM
Just finished bolting up my new Roofrack, its an ARB copy and was brand spankin new off Ebay.. Not bad for $360 and had to drive an hour or 2 to pick it up Haha
Also got sick of my bullbar lights filling up with mud and water so removed them and installed new sealed LED versions (can spot them in the last pic).. Came up an absolute treat and here is a few pics for you all

Timbo
14th June 2011, 10:39 PM
Looks sick man

AB
14th June 2011, 10:52 PM
Great score fletch well worth the drive.

nowoolies
14th June 2011, 10:53 PM
rub it in mate hahahahah i paid $1574.00 for my tracklander and yours dont look any differant bugga
to looking rig keep it going more piccies ...we luv piccies hahahahahahaha

big_fletch
14th June 2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys, was def a 'right place at right time' thing LOL

benny4x4
29th June 2011, 09:48 PM
Hi mate, What sort of parker bulbs did you use, And where do you get them from?

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 09:56 PM
Hi mate, What sort of parker bulbs did you use, And where do you get them from?

G'day mate, feel free to post up a intro and tell us abit about yaself..
My LED bullbar lights I got through my work and my LED parker lights I got from down in melb at Bright Light Auto Parts

patch697
29th June 2011, 10:00 PM
Nicely done Fletch...... You'll have me liking GU's soon if you keep this up.....pml

frenzy
29th June 2011, 10:08 PM
Very very nice. Great score. I'm looking for a roof rack just like that one too.

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 10:09 PM
Nicely done Fletch...... You'll have me liking GU's soon if you keep this up.....pml

Yer I'm trying to convert everyone over, but as long as your driving a troll you will always be in the good books lol.. Still gotta love the tough looking q's

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 10:14 PM
Very very nice. Great score. I'm looking for a roof rack just like that one too.

The bloke I got mine from said he would do them to forum members for $550, you would just have to pay freight.. Just gotta call him and see if he will still honour that

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 10:57 PM
Thought I would also add I now have my 2.5m ARB awning bolted to my roofrack as well as a long handled shovel and axe..
Will get some pics up ASAP

patch697
29th June 2011, 10:59 PM
Yer I'm trying to convert everyone over, but as long as your driving a troll you will always be in the good books lol.. Still gotta love the tough looking q's

hahahahaha...............I do mate, I do.....lol

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 11:07 PM
hahahahaha...............I do mate, I do.....lol

Haha I know mate, might buy a q as a play rig and keep the GU as the tourer LOL.. I'm hoping to purchase a 52" LED Lightbar from my supplier this week to test, if all good will sell them here on the forum (for a very good price I might add)

patch697
29th June 2011, 11:09 PM
Haha I know mate, might buy a q as a play rig and keep the GU as the tourer LOL.. I'm hoping to purchase a 52" LED Lightbar from my supplier this week to test, if all good will sell them here on the forum (for a very good price I might add)

That will get you a visit to Shep if they crank up alright

TUR7LE
29th June 2011, 11:19 PM
I'll test them all for u mate lol

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 11:21 PM

Haha I'm sure you will lol

That will get you a visit to Shep if they crank up alright

Well I will post some pics up when I sort it out, last bar I tested was crap but this one looks promising

patch697
29th June 2011, 11:21 PM

Hay...... didn't you see my post above yours......LMFAO

Get in line......ROFLMFAO

TUR7LE
29th June 2011, 11:26 PM
Hay...... didn't you see my post above yours......LMFAO

Get in line......ROFLMFAO

Yer I did but I'll just drive round to his work when he not looking n take it lol .... Don't let him kno

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 11:29 PM
Yer I did but I'll just drive round to his work when he not looking n take it lol .... Don't let him kno

When it arrives mate, it will be well and truly bolted to the roofrack within an hour or 2 LOL

TUR7LE
29th June 2011, 11:31 PM
When it arrives mate, it will be well and truly bolted to the roofrack within an hour or 2 LOL

I've got spanners lol

frenzy
2nd July 2011, 03:46 PM
The bloke I got mine from said he would do them to forum members for $550, you would just have to pay freight.. Just gotta call him and see if he will still honour that

I'm keen. Could you send his contact details please?

frenzy
7th July 2011, 11:48 PM
Thought I would also add I now have my 2.5m ARB awning bolted to my roofrack as well as a long handled shovel and axe..
Will get some pics up ASAP

Got any more pics mate?

DX grunt
8th July 2011, 07:43 AM
Just finished bolting up my new Roofrack, its an ARB copy and was brand spankin new off Ebay.. Not bad for $360 and had to drive an hour or 2 to pick it up Haha
Also got sick of my bullbar lights filling up with mud and water so removed them and installed new sealed LED versions (can spot them in the last pic).. Came up an absolute treat and here is a few pics for you all

Wicked pics!

Keep it up, and I might go for a wheel with you one day. lol.

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 07:58 PM
Got any more pics mate?

Yer mate will try get them up tonight or tommorrow at some point

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 08:02 PM
Wicked pics!

Keep it up, and I might go for a wheel with you one day. lol.

Haha well let's hope so mate, would be good to go for a wheel with ya followed by a cold one.. Got 4 HID driving lights going up on the rack in the next week as well lol

Sir Roofy
8th July 2011, 08:06 PM
haha well let's hope so mate, would be good to go for a wheel with ya followed by a cold one.. Got 4 hid driving lights going up on the rack in the next week as well lol

hi fletch you going to put them lights on a bar so you
can lay them back when not useing them

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 08:15 PM
hi fletch you going to put them lights on a bar so you
can lay them back when not useing them

Nope they will just stay there, but won't be wired to highbeam.. Just a on/off switch cause not allowed to use them on the road

NissanGQ4.2
8th July 2011, 08:30 PM
very nice mate, looks very neat and tidy.

Bigrig
8th July 2011, 09:36 PM
Just a seriously nice looking rig mate ... looks the business!!

big_fletch
8th July 2011, 10:40 PM
Just a seriously nice looking rig mate ... looks the business!!

Thanks buddy, list still isnt getting any smaller lol

big_fletch
12th July 2011, 09:18 PM
Well Little update, Fitted a set of 75w HID's to My Lightforce 240's (got bored at work).. My God they are bright lol, talk about seeing into the future LMFAO.. Have 2 more sets of lights for the roofrack also to be bolted on with 55w HID's in them..
Also Got some pics of my awning, shovel and axe bolted to the roofrack for Frenzy as wanted to see some pictures (Sorry for Delay mate)

Fletcha

Bigrig
12th July 2011, 09:23 PM
Seriously good looking rig mate - those lights will give some wildlife a serious case of sunburn as you whizz past as well !!!!

big_fletch
12th July 2011, 09:29 PM
Seriously good looking rig mate - those lights will give some wildlife a serious case of sunburn as you whizz past as well !!!!

Thanks mate, i try my best with it.. The light output now is absolutly insane, i can easily see well over 1km and the old globes had nothing on these things.. Cant wait to get the roof lights mounted up

Clunk
12th July 2011, 09:55 PM
fletch mate, what can I say, this is one GU I likely aloty.................. love it mate

Sir Roofy
12th July 2011, 10:00 PM
Fletcha mate i hope i dont meet you comming the opposite way
will think it s a min min light

looking good buddy

Dark 1
12th July 2011, 10:01 PM
My eyes my eyes..........MAN thats bright, even in the photos i'm sure it's burned into my retinas.
Like clunk stated i likey alot.

frenzy
12th July 2011, 10:12 PM
Looks awesome mate! I had to go find my sunnies to look at those lights! LOL

Roof rack looks the goods too.

Thanks for the pics.

big_fletch
12th July 2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys, will make night time driving a pleasure lol. I'm going to try take some photos over next couple of days lighting up my road as its 2.5ks dead straight and pitch black.. Can't wait to see what difference the lights on the roof make as well lol

big_fletch
14th July 2011, 08:38 PM
Just finished bolting my new roof lights up today, the front of my troll is now bright as hell LOL..
All roof lights also have HID Kits in them.. Least i wont be afriad of the dark anymore hahaha

Dhuck
14th July 2011, 08:43 PM
thats one bright mother.

big_fletch
14th July 2011, 08:51 PM
To bloody right mate lol, any road is like driving in daylight

patch697
14th July 2011, 08:58 PM
They look like there 6000k's but what wattage you pumping & what buckets you using Fletch?

big_fletch
14th July 2011, 09:01 PM
They look like there 6000k's but what wattage you pumping Fletch?

Yer mate all my Kits are 6000k (just cause i like the nice white light)..

Headlights: 55w Hi/Low 6000k HID
Lightforce XGT: 75w 6000k HID
Roof Lights: 55w 6000k HID

Total of about 480w of HID power on front of my troll lol.. Makes for easy night driving

patch697
14th July 2011, 09:07 PM
Yer mate all my Kits are 6000k (just cause i like the nice white light)..

Headlights: 55w Hi/Low 6000k HID
Lightforce XGT: 75w 6000k HID
Roof Lights: 55w 6000k HID

Total of about 480w of HID power on front of my troll lol.. Makes for easy night driving

Yeah im running 100w 6k kits in my super Osccas but im looking at doing a removable roof bar & im thinking of doing the mains as well but have bean a bit turned off by the lack of light shift in the Hi/Lo but that was a little while back I was looking so have they improved the Hi/Lo at all?

big_fletch
14th July 2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah im running 100w 6k kits in my super Osccas but im looking at doing a removable roof bar & im thinking of doing the mains as well but have bean a bit turned off by the lack of light shift in the Hi/Lo but that was a little while back I was looking so have they improved the Hi/Lo at all?

Yer mine is realli good with the high low, I'm still planning on coming down to grampians in august so can show you if I meet up with you if ya like.. After the weekend I am hoping to start a vendor thread with my own kits, as well as LED work lights and lightbars.. So stay tuned lol

Clunk
14th July 2011, 09:41 PM
Mork calling Orson, Mork calling Orson, come in Orson............ Nanoo nanoo.....

good god man, you wanna be careful the men in black don't come chasing ya, wow has anyone got a new set of corneas they can loan me, mine have melted....... hahaha

Sir Roofy
14th July 2011, 09:52 PM
Haha i feel for the wombats they,ll be blinded at 100yrds,the roo,s and birds will think it daylight come early and gone in a flash

well done young fella

patch697
14th July 2011, 09:59 PM
Yer mine is realli good with the high low, I'm still planning on coming down to grampians in august so can show you if I meet up with you if ya like.. After the weekend I am hoping to start a vendor thread with my own kits, as well as LED work lights and lightbars.. So stay tuned lol

You'll have my interest as I fit a few HID kits around here.

big_fletch
14th July 2011, 10:14 PM
You'll have my interest as I fit a few HID kits around here.

Well the more the better, will post more details up in vendor thread when I make it.. Prices will be very competitive as well

patch697
14th July 2011, 10:16 PM
Well the more the better, will post more details up in vendor thread when I make it.. Prices will be very competitive as well

See thats the words I was wanting to hear.....lol

Shake a leg Fletch....... I may need kits within a week or 2

big_fletch
14th July 2011, 11:01 PM
See thats the words I was wanting to hear.....lol

Shake a leg Fletch....... I may need kits within a week or 2

Well I will organise myself this weekend buddy, get the ball rolling as it were lol

big_fletch
10th August 2011, 05:24 PM
Well better put a few photo's in here of my finished homemade draws haha

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/IMAG0328.jpg

Pete's GU3
10th August 2011, 08:17 PM
looking good fletch

big_fletch
10th August 2011, 08:52 PM
looking good fletch

Thanks mate, another thing to cross off my wish list lol

TUR7LE
10th August 2011, 09:33 PM
Good job mate the draws look tops

Sir Roofy
10th August 2011, 09:35 PM
Good job mate the draws look tops

how you been tur7le

DX grunt
10th August 2011, 09:38 PM
Well Little update, Fitted a set of 75w HID's to My Lightforce 240's (got bored at work).. My God they are bright lol, talk about seeing into the future LMFAO.. Have 2 more sets of lights for the roofrack also to be bolted on with 55w HID's in them..
Also Got some pics of my awning, shovel and axe bolted to the roofrack for Frenzy as wanted to see some pictures (Sorry for Delay mate)

Fletcha

Wicked man. Wicked!

Have you worked out your fuel consumption with all the extras?

big_fletch
10th August 2011, 09:46 PM
Wicked man. Wicked!

Have you worked out your fuel consumption with all the extras?

I have yes, will post it up in a sec in the fuel economy thread.. Its actually pretty good in my books LOL

TUR7LE
10th August 2011, 10:24 PM
how you been tur7le

Yer not bad mate .... Been pretty flat out lately ... How r u?

oxe351
16th August 2011, 10:05 PM
like the gauge pod... shame a previous owner already screwed holes in my dash..

big_fletch
19th August 2011, 10:10 PM
Nothing like spending your friday working on your own car hahaha

Sir Roofy
19th August 2011, 10:13 PM
Nothing like spending your friday working on your own car hahaha

what happened fletch you lost an eye as well as a boot

big_fletch
19th August 2011, 10:22 PM
what happened fletch you lost an eye as well as a boot

haha nah mate lost 2 eyes, just cant see the other one was missing.. Had to do full service today, Re-do wheel bearings. Also had to remove headlights as they had water in them, and would get alot of condensation inside the lens.. Next is to find and fix the water leak behind the alternator somewhere and re-grease tailshafts.. The joys of mud and owning a 4WD!!

AB
19th August 2011, 10:24 PM
Fletch, any tricks on cleaning the inside of the lights with muddy water and condensation?

Rag on a stick, toothbrush....Whats the secret tool mate...lol

Sir Roofy
19th August 2011, 10:27 PM
haha nah mate lost 2 eyes, just cant see the other one was missing.. Had to do full service today, Re-do wheel bearings. Also had to remove headlights as they had water in them, and would get alot of condensation inside the lens.. Next is to find and fix the water leak behind the alternator somewhere and re-grease tailshafts.. The joys of mud and owning a 4WD!!

probably a welsh plug mate under the manafold

stay out of deep water for headlights

and dont blow the seals on the tailshaft with to much grease

big_fletch
19th August 2011, 10:37 PM
probably a welsh plug mate under the manafold

stay out of deep water for headlights

and dont blow the seals on the tailshaft with to much grease

Haha yer thanks Roofy, i try to stay out of deep water but sometimes cant help it.. Im hoping its a gasket for the water leak as dont really wanna change a welsh plug.. Im always careful when greasing tailshaft, its mainly the uni's im worried about as mine are absolutly full of mud atm

Fletch, any tricks on cleaning the inside of the lights with muddy water and condensation?

Rag on a stick, toothbrush....Whats the secret tool mate...lol

Thats easy mate, fill with water, give abit of a swill around, empty and leave in sun to dry hahaha.. Luckily mine dont fill up in the lens, there is a gap underneath where the water sits so you cant see the water in the light itself.. Once yours in the Q have filled up and started to decay they pretty much need replacing unfortunatly..

big_fletch
30th August 2011, 11:03 PM
Well i have pulled apart my front diff for a full overhaul.. Got sick of the death wobbles and after the amount of mud i have driven through i thought i should give it the once over (also it has done 200,000km's), i have new wheel bearings (old ones were abit iffy), swivel Hub kit, brake pads (from 4.8ltr patrol).. Am now just wanting a front Auto-locker (after watching growlers thread) and some Manual Hubs and can complete the build..
Glad i pulled it apart in the end, CV's were all full of mud, seals had all perished, Swivel hub bearings were shot and all gummed up.. I have def had water and mud in CV joints LOL.. Few pics as well here for you all

Bigrig
30th August 2011, 11:30 PM
Well i have pulled apart my front diff for a full overhaul.. Got sick of the death wobbles and after the amount of mud i have driven through i thought i should give it the once over (also it has done 200,000km's), i have new wheel bearings (old ones were abit iffy), swivel Hub kit, brake pads (from 4.8ltr patrol).. Am now just wanting a front Auto-locker (after watching growlers thread) and some Manual Hubs and can complete the build..
Glad i pulled it apart in the end, CV's were all full of mud, seals had all perished, Swivel hub bearings were shot and all gummed up.. I have def had water and mud in CV joints LOL.. Few pics as well here for you all

Lordy, I am dreading what mine will look like now!!! Thanks for preparing me for the shock!!! lol

Top effort and post mate.

big_fletch
30th August 2011, 11:41 PM
Lordy, I am dreading what mine will look like now!!! Thanks for preparing me for the shock!!! lol

Top effort and post mate.

Haha just get someone else to do it for ya mate lol. only reason im doing mine is so i can learn how everything works (just incase i get stuck in the simpson one day).. Might be handy to know lol

P.S Big thanks to Tony on his thread for pulling CV's out, Helped alot mate :smiley_thumbs_up:

Bigrig
30th August 2011, 11:45 PM
Haha just get someone else to do it for ya mate lol. only reason im doing mine is so i can learn how everything works (just incase i get stuck in the simpson one day).. Might be handy to know lol

P.S Big thanks to Tony on his thread for pulling CV's out, Helped alot mate :smiley_thumbs_up:

Nah ... same as you, best I get my own hands greasy and learn what the hell I'm doing!!

Thanks in advance Tony for the thread ... and countless phone calls I'll no doubt make when I'm doing it!! lmao

big_fletch
31st August 2011, 12:14 AM
Nah ... same as you, best I get my own hands greasy and learn what the hell I'm doing!!

Thanks in advance Tony for the thread ... and countless phone calls I'll no doubt make when I'm doing it!! lmao

You sound like me, i love working on my own Troll lol.. Getting my hands dirty and learning new things as it were hahahah

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 07:59 AM
You sound like me, i love working on my own Troll lol.. Getting my hands dirty and learning new things as it were hahahah

True that fella ... I seem to try to find stuff to do, end up breaking it, and then have something to fix!!! lmao

growler2058
31st August 2011, 08:20 AM

I agree and would feel quite confident pulling my axles out in the middle of nowhere

big_fletch
31st August 2011, 08:26 AM
True that fella ... I seem to try to find stuff to do, end up breaking it, and then have something to fix!!! lmao

Haha yer I have done that before mate, least everything is fixable lol

big_fletch
31st August 2011, 08:28 AM
I agree and would feel quite confident pulling my axles out in the middle of nowhere

X2 on that, hopefully something I never have to do, but always handy to know lol

big_fletch
3rd September 2011, 07:56 PM
Well spent the entire day at work putting the Troll back together.. Managed to get The diff back together after installing the new Swivel hub Kit and Wheel bearings
:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t WHEEL WOBBLES 100% GONE, WHAT AN AWESOME FEELING :049::049::049::049:
Also Installed the new brake pads, Genuine Nissan Pads from 4.8L Patrol.. Troll Pulls up quick now!!

As well as that i also finished installing My new winch, Works like a charm and looks great on the front haha
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/Trollwinch.jpg

Sir Roofy
3rd September 2011, 08:10 PM
Well spent the entire day at work putting the Troll back together.. Managed to get The diff back together after installing the new Swivel hub Kit and Wheel bearings
:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t:animierte-smilies-t WHEEL WOBBLES 100% GONE, WHAT AN AWESOME FEELING :049::049::049::049:
Also Installed the new brake pads, Genuine Nissan Pads from 4.8L Patrol.. Troll Pulls up quick now!!

As well as that i also finished installing My new winch, Works like a charm and looks great on the front haha
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/Trollwinch.jpg

well done mate now you can go back to wheeling with confidence

big_fletch
3rd September 2011, 08:26 PM
That was the plan Roofy, i always like a reliable vehicle!

big_fletch
3rd September 2011, 08:36 PM
Two thumbs up fletchy! Great work mate!

Thanks Plassy, absolutly worth the time off the road now the wheel wobbles are solved

hugebbq
10th September 2011, 05:20 PM
nice work fletch. gauges look good

Clunk
10th September 2011, 06:30 PM
great work there Fletcha, deifinitely looks the dogs mate

big_fletch
10th September 2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks mate, im glad its all coming together lol

switchgearw66
27th September 2011, 04:27 PM
awesome pod setup. neat and tidy

frenzy
27th September 2011, 09:00 PM
Geez, your truck's come a long way mate! Just looked a page 1 of your thread and didn't recognise her! LOL!

Top stuff.

big_fletch
27th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Geez, your truck's come a long way mate! Just looked a page 1 of your thread and didn't recognise her! LOL!

Top stuff.

Thanks mate, still got alot to do as well lol.. I have only had the Troll 14 months, cant wait to see what another 12 months brings hahaha..
35's, exhaust, chip, front locker and diff gears are all next lol

Pezza
2nd October 2011, 03:48 PM
Mate - went to your thread to look at your pod pics and ended up reading from end to end - loved it and will take up a few of your ideas. What winch did you fit - I'm tossing up between $$ and being stuck with a burnt out cheapie at the moment.........

big_fletch
10th October 2011, 10:09 PM
Mate - went to your thread to look at your pod pics and ended up reading from end to end - loved it and will take up a few of your ideas. What winch did you fit - I'm tossing up between $$ and being stuck with a burnt out cheapie at the moment.........

Thanks, glad you have some ideas mate.. Feel free to copy any you like :cheers:

Forgot to add, i run an Aldi 9500 winch in the front of my Troll

Fletcha

big_fletch
10th October 2011, 10:44 PM
Well i had a Hella Worklight on spare wheel which was really good, however thought it was time for a change so i replaced it with a New LED Version

The Light i used was a Fletrix 27w Square LED Flood beam which pumps out 1800lm of light.. Throws out a massive amount of light while only drawing 1.1amps

P.S Fletrix is my own Label lol
Few pics for you all

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/Fletrix%20Lighting/IMAG0433.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/Fletrix%20Lighting/IMAG0434.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/Fletrix%20Lighting/DSCF0055.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc459/big_fletch/Fletrix%20Lighting/DSCF0050.jpg

Mark S
11th October 2011, 11:49 AM
Great work Big Fletch....looks awsome

big_fletch
11th October 2011, 03:41 PM
Great work Big Fletch....looks awsome

Thanks buddy, still a lot on the wish list to do though lol

Warnie
11th October 2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks buddy, still a lot on the wish list to do though lol

Those damn wish lists are never ending mate

big_fletch
11th October 2011, 06:07 PM
Those damn wish lists are never ending mate

Your telling me mate, next up is a 3" exhaust and a set of 35's lol

big_fletch
11th October 2011, 08:50 PM
Looks tops Fletchy! Been too long mate when are we going bush again?

Thanks Plassy, and it has been a while mate.. I have been quite busy of late but have been watching the Trips planned on here. Im looking forward to the craigs hut trip next month, but im always willing to catch up for a beer... Or several hahaha

Dr Drift
13th October 2011, 02:08 AM
Nice

Dr Drift...

TUR7LE
14th October 2011, 10:18 AM
hey fletch when u putting the new update on lol n im gunna post mine soon can u put some of my pics up in my gq's section also tghanks for the help

big_fletch
14th October 2011, 08:04 PM
Thought i would make up a new worklight bracket as i wanted 2 LED Lights and the old one wasnt very strong..
I started with a rear door tyre spacer and worked with that.. Came out extreamly strong, and doesnt move or wobble at all.. Now i just need my second light lol

Bigrig
14th October 2011, 08:17 PM
Thought i would make up a new worklight bracket as i wanted 2 LED Lights and the old one wasnt very strong..
I started with a rear door tyre spacer and worked with that.. Came out extreamly strong, and doesnt move or wobble at all.. Now i just need my second light lol

Seriously nice and neat mate!!! Top job!!!

Clunk
14th October 2011, 08:22 PM
good work Fletch....... wish I was handy with the tools to do stuff like this

big_fletch
14th October 2011, 08:25 PM
Seriously nice and neat mate!!! Top job!!!

Thanks Buddy, i love working on my Troll with a cold one :1062:
The bracket is simple and effective, makes life easy lol

sr06
14th October 2011, 10:04 PM
that's nice and clean mate good job

nowoolies
15th October 2011, 12:01 AM
sweet as .....................keep those piccies comming mate

big_fletch
20th October 2011, 05:00 PM
Ok well little update, have just sold my Big Lightforce 240xgt Driving lights.. Main reason was although the range on them is nuts I am wanting something with abit more spread.. Anyone have some suggestions on what I should get as I have only really used lightforce, was maybe thinking something like Hella Ralle 4000? 1 spot and 1 spread.. Whatever I get I will be fitting with HID, and probably 100w kits lol

Mark S
20th October 2011, 05:14 PM
G'day Fletch, I've had the Rally 4000 before but both spots...good strong lights. I had IPF's on my old patrol and they were fantastic, so I've gone to HID IPF's again this time. (1 x spread, 1 x spot) Can't fault them.

Mark.

big_fletch
20th October 2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks Mark, I have a mate with IPF lights that I put 100w HID kits into and they are pretty insane at night, they also have a pretty good spread.. I have fitted a lot of ralle 4000 but have never actually used them myself, I just love the look and size of them lol.. Thanks for the input though mark, appreciate it buddy

Fletcha

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 09:17 PM
Well after selling my Lightforce driving lights, i ended up replacing them with the Hella Rallye 4000's (1 pencil and 1 spread).. Tested them tonight just with normal globes and i do like the beam pattern alot more than the Lightforce, they have alot nicer spread which is what i was after.. Cant wait to see what they look like with some 100w HID kits in them lol..
Also looking at the photo now, i reckon i could fit a 3rd light in the bar as well LOL

Sir Roofy
25th October 2011, 09:21 PM
looking good mate glad your looking after her

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 09:30 PM
looking good mate glad your looking after her

I always try to mate, i know how much you love my troll lol

Clunk
25th October 2011, 10:06 PM
I always try to mate, i know how much you love my troll lol

I'm quite partial to your Trols too, even though it is a GU!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

new lights look great mate, so when are the night shots being posted???

big_fletch
25th October 2011, 10:08 PM
I'm quite partial to your Trols too, even though it is a GU!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

new lights look great mate, so when are the night shots being posted???

GO THE MIGHTY GU LMFAO, i love all of this lands mighty trolls, just the GU's a little more lol
Once i get my 100w HID kit installed i will get some shots up to show them off, Should hopefully get my LED lightbar very soon as well

patch697
26th October 2011, 01:23 AM
Cant wait to see what they look like with some 100w HID kits in them lol..
Also looking at the photo now, i reckon i could fit a 3rd light in the bar as well LOL

Something tells me that once the 100w's are fitted you you won't be interested in the third..........lol

The finger of God mate im telling ya.