PDA

View Full Version : Drawer sliders

abbo_05
19th July 2012, 03:19 PM
Hi guys ginna be making drawer system this weekend for my GU, I won't the draws the go the full length of the rear ( to back of rear seats), was just wondering what length runners I would need, and if anyone in Perth sells heavy duty ones??

Cheers!!

MudRunnerTD
19th July 2012, 04:31 PM
Try your local Metal Land if you have them out West? or look on Ebay.

In relation to the length? just remember that your interested in the closed and Open length. your drawers dont need to fully open though as some should be left in the car. I have Black Widow Drawers and they leave a good 300mm in the car when fully open.

Take heaps of pics mate

abbo_05
19th July 2012, 04:39 PM
The longest I can get at the moment is 550mm, without trying get some posted!
but I feel that I'll need longer! The draw will be 1000mm long!!

PATmyROL
19th July 2012, 10:16 PM
Hey mate,

If your desperate for them most bunnings sell them for a massively inflated price. You'll be looking at paying $300+ for a set of 800mm runners
If you can wait eBay has them much cheaper. There is a range of sizes and styles. Not sure I that helps but if u can wait u can save a fair bit of ca$h.

800mm Drawer Runners/Fridge Slides Heavy Duty -100kg - 4WD Workvans Workshops

http://bit.ly/MLcbqO

Hoggy
19th July 2012, 10:35 PM
I just built some drawers for my GU and used 550mm runners from Bunnings @$29 bucks a pair. Seem very solid and allow the drawers to open almost all the way. I made the drawers a snug fit so by not opening the last 150mm or so, there is not a lot of weight on the runners as the back of the drawers are holding some weight. I'm really happy with them.

abbo_05
20th July 2012, 01:47 PM
Galvin hardware in Osborne park!! Has all the sizes and in heavy duty!!

waflyer
28th August 2012, 09:23 AM
UES International in Malaga does 125kg rated slides in sizes upto 1000mm extension for sub $150 a pair.