PDA

View Full Version : Please help

krbrooking
18th July 2012, 09:06 PM
:blowup::blowup: Hey ppl can someone please help me figure out if I am able to resize my photo's to suit the forum using iphoto on a mac before I throw the thing in the bin. I had only just started to figure out my old computer and the misses went and upgraded to a mac and now it is all different I cant even figure out how to write a damb letter on the thing, and I am not tooo computer illiterate.

threedogs
18th July 2012, 09:21 PM
YEAH right. I've only just learnt to turn one on. Maybe shoot AB a PM he seems to know all things regarding PCs . Hope you had long talk with the MOF

NissanGQ4.2
18th July 2012, 09:31 PM
sorry mate, can't help u, I'm anti mac and dont know any of there programs.

While the missus isn't lookin burn the mac and then go out and buy a PC

NissanGQ4.2
18th July 2012, 10:12 PM
Are you sure you are using the right program, I just downloaded a program called Iphoto ( windows ver ) and looks to me 2 be a program for downloading pics off the internet and nothing else

If you select "HELP" then "Homepage" in Iphoto

What is the web addy that opens up in your browser???

AB
18th July 2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry mate, I know zip about MAC's. Throw it in the bin and get a PC...lol...If you don't get any answers here then try Google. If you get no joy from there then let us know mate as I know someone who uses Mac's and would most likely know this question.

Look for something like a resize button....Resizing a photo to 50%, etc should reduce the size of the file too.

Clunk
18th July 2012, 11:12 PM
I think The Flying Badger uses Macs, he doesn't come on here too often though, so i'll drop him a line and ask.

MudRunnerTD
19th July 2012, 01:12 AM
Really easy mate.

I store all my photos on iPhotos and LOVE MY MAC.

To be honest i upload to photobucket and use that to host my pics then they can be embedded on this forum with a single press of a button. Big fan of photobucket! Its free and you can resize and blank out your rego etc with ease before hosting them here.

Macs ROCK!

The number 1 thing to remember now you are on a Mac is "It just aint that hard any more ;) "

Woof
19th July 2012, 01:33 AM
Really easy mate.

I store all my photos on iPhotos and LOVE MY MAC.

To be honest i upload to photobucket and use that to host my pics then they can be embedded on this forum with a single press of a button. Big fan of photobucket! Its free and you can resize and blank out your rego etc with ease before hosting them here.

Macs ROCK!

The number 1 thing to remember now you are on a Mac is "It just aint that hard any more ;) "

Know nothing about Macs but I would have thought the same, Photobucket - copy - paste, just go to the Testing section here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Testing-area and have a play mate

Clunk
19th July 2012, 01:33 AM
Funny you should mention Photobucket MR..... Badger said he just uploads direct to there.

So does that mean Macs are useless because of no photo managing / editing software !!!!???? Lol

MudRunnerTD
19th July 2012, 10:19 AM
Funny you should mention Photobucket MR..... Badger said he just uploads direct to there.

So does that mean Macs are useless because of no photo managing / editing software !!!!???? Lol

LOL

Nah not at all, i think they showed the world how easy it is at the desktop to do complex photo editing didn't they?

Nah i am just an Idiot ;)

i have been using Photobucket for years on another forum before here and it is Simple. Why re-invent the wheel?

krbrooking
19th July 2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks to all will try photo bucket over the weekend, and let you all know

NissanGQ4.2
19th July 2012, 09:57 PM
Macs ROCK!

Darren is delirious from a long trip away, what he meant 2 say was throw a rock at your Mac
The number 1 thing to remember now you are on a Mac is "Don't ever buy one again"

97_gq_lwb
19th July 2012, 10:12 PM
Mac crap how many people got sucked into the i-mac lol useless things they are.
Then again i pod i phone i pad is all the same good marketing strategy has sold them when other products had been doing the same thing for years.

krbrooking
20th July 2012, 05:02 PM
thats why we got it because we both have iphones and santa will be bringing my daughter the ipad and it was apealling as we can link them all together, what they dont tell you is you have to buy all the programs to use the silly thing.

97_gq_lwb
20th July 2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah best thing about ibm compatible pc's is the software availability they put mac to shame.
Just that they are unheard of to most people like the tablet pc = i pad lol
I remember the creative nomad jukebox mp3 player years before the ipod.
and any number of smartphones or similar that run windows ce have been around forever.