PDA

View Full Version : Switch

Ferret
17th July 2012, 04:02 AM
Hey guys I got a 84 mq patrol standard and just near the stearing you have rear window wiper switch and demister I think and next to that I have a switch that has a little red light pop up on it when switched on I guess can anyone tell what this switch is or what it does as I have no clue cheers guys

macca
17th July 2012, 08:11 AM
Just a guess, is it the sway bar disconnect?

Cool accessory to have if it is.

Macca

MQ MAD
17th July 2012, 09:46 AM
Hey guys I got a 84 mq patrol standard and just near the stearing you have rear window wiper switch and demister I think and next to that I have a switch that has a little red light pop up on it when switched on I guess can anyone tell what this switch is or what it does as I have no clue cheers guys

Put a pic up, ive a few of those sections with switches and some have been modded over the years for other uses
Trace the wires back and see where they go

Cameronero
17th July 2012, 01:54 PM
I reckon you might have it the wrong way around. I believe in mine (84 MK) one switch is the rear wiper / water spray, and the other is a demister.

Ferret
18th July 2012, 04:46 PM
I can't get a pic up sorry I don't have a computer im on phone thanks for the help

taslucas
18th July 2012, 05:11 PM
I can't get a pic up sorry I don't have a computer im on phone thanks for the help

Just sent you a PM regarding uploading pics...

Tap, crackle, pop

Finly Owner
19th July 2012, 09:37 PM
I reckon you might have it the wrong way around. I believe in mine (84 MK) one switch is the rear wiper / water spray, and the other is a demister.
Rod,I believe this is correct, mine are missing but I got a set to go in. And the Manual shows those plugs as options. No mention of rear wiper etc. Some people added driving light switch.

Tim

taslucas
22nd July 2012, 08:30 AM
Just sent you a PM regarding uploading pics...

Tap, crackle, pop

Here is a pic of the switch...

Winnie
22nd July 2012, 09:54 AM
Best bet is to follow the wires

Tappa tappa

Ferret
22nd July 2012, 11:55 AM
Taslucas thanks mate your absolute legend

taslucas
22nd July 2012, 01:32 PM
No worries mate, hope you get an answer soon.
Ill make another thread to post your other pic when I get back to the lappy.

Ferret
22nd July 2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks bud much appreciated once again