PDA

View Full Version : Ozpig Recipes - List them here

oncedisturbed
15th July 2012, 12:18 AM
Ok peeps, let's have them all in 1 thread here. If you have got some you would like to share, types, amounts and anything else recipe wise that you cook in the Ozpig, post them up.

Alsom having just purchased 1 myself, the alterier motive kicks in here as well :)

Sir Roofy
30th August 2012, 01:32 PM
Hi Roofys boss here. We have an Ozpig too and use it heaps mainly to keep warm but also to cook.
One of my favourite recipes is to cut up vegies before we go on a trip so all you do is chck it in the frypan
and cook. Very easy. I use Capsicum, red or green, zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, onion, spring onion,
couple of tomatoes, garlic. Just chuck it in the frypan or wok and put it on the top of the ozpig with a lid on
stirring regularly. Sometimes I fry cranskys, cheese or plain, before hand then add to vegies. Also bacon.
Anthing really. Easy as and yummy.

Winnie
30th August 2012, 01:42 PM
Hi Roofys boss here. We have an Ozpig too and use it heaps mainly to keep warm but also to cook.
One of my favourite recipes is to cut up vegies before we go on a trip so all you do is chck it in the frypan
and cook. Very easy. I use Capsicum, red or green, zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, onion, spring onion,
couple of tomatoes, garlic. Just chuck it in the frypan or wok and put it on the top of the ozpig with a lid on
stirring regularly. Sometimes I fry cranskys, cheese or plain, before hand then add to vegies. Also bacon.

Sounds good but WHERE'S THE MEAT??

macca
30th August 2012, 01:42 PM

Yyyyyyuuuuuummmmmmm!!!!!! Kranskies mmm mmmm mmm mmm mmm

oncedisturbed
30th August 2012, 09:29 PM
Did a beef roast the other day with mixed herbs and garlic and the meat just fell apart, was awesome and was heaps better that if I did 1 in the normal oven

1.3kg Beef Roast
Mixed Herbs
Garlic
Slight Baste in oil

Roughly 2.5 hrs (adjust as required based on 1hr per 1kg of meat) cooking in Camp Oven using heat beads = Awesome feed

Woof
31st August 2012, 01:26 AM
No recipes yet, but am going to give it a workout soon.......................if I ever get time off from bloody work..

oncedisturbed
31st August 2012, 01:39 AM
This is a good site for camp ovens, lots of recipes to use. When time permits, gonna start going through them.

http://www.aussiecampovenforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Woof
16th September 2012, 06:02 PM
Trying Jamaican Goat Stew tonight on the Ozpig and in the camp oven......if it is successful I will post the recipe....

Maxhead
16th September 2012, 06:11 PM
Trying Jamaican Goat Stew tonight on the Ozpig and in the camp oven......if it is successful I will post the recipe....

Sounds good mate, sure beats snags we're having.... Hahaha

Pics when done mate!

........... On the move

Woof
16th September 2012, 06:22 PM
Will do Kris, I cooked some bangers on the ozpig last weekend...bloody beautiful mate

Woof
18th September 2012, 01:40 AM

Well it was a great success, the meat just melted in my mouth....bloody beautiful.
I left out the garlic as I hate the stuff, here is the recipe and a photo of the meal all ready to eat...
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/005_zps3682a915.jpg
Jamaican Goat Stew
Serves: 4
Preparation time: 15 to 30 minutes
Ingredients
1 kg goat meat
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small red chilli, chopped and seeded
2 tablespoons curry powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups water
Method
1. Cut meat into bite sized pieces. Combine with onion, garlic, chilli, curry powder, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Brown meat and vegetables until evenly cooked. Add the water, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Adjust seasonings to taste and add more water if needed after the hour. Continue to cook until the meat is tender, 20-25 minutes more depending on the meat.
5. Serve over white rice
Recipe notes
This recipe was given to me by a friend who lived in Jamaica for years. Add more or less chilli as liked. Works well in a slow cooker or camp oven