PDA

View Full Version : 35" Baja's offset speedo

danielrusty
12th July 2012, 11:33 PM
Howdy,

Can anyone tell me how to work out the new speedo readings. I have 35" tyres on and i certain my speedo is out mainly due to the fact that i keep overtaking everyone.

Is there are a table getting around with new speedo readings or is there a gadget i can buy??

Cheers

the evil twin
13th July 2012, 12:56 AM
Howdy,

Can anyone tell me how to work out the new speedo readings. I have 35" tyres on and i certain my speedo is out mainly due to the fact that i keep overtaking everyone.

Is there are a table getting around with new speedo readings or is there a gadget i can buy??

Cheers

You can buy an adapter box from places like Marks Adapters... about $100 or so I think

or

You can change the cog in the gearbox... in your case by two teeth I reckon but get a reading on how far out your speedo is first as you may only need to change by one if the original reading was high by more than 7 %
Nissan make about 4 or 5 cogs each different by 1 tooth to the prev and colour coded but I forget the details... google is your friend on that bit

threedogs
13th July 2012, 01:00 AM
Use your GPS or NAVMAN it's that easy

nissannewby
13th July 2012, 02:57 AM
I think its about 8% per inch of rolling diameter. So say at 100 on 35's you are prob pushing close to 115

97_gq_lwb
13th July 2012, 07:57 AM
My speedo was spot on with the old wheels according to the gps and i just fitted 35,s.
Because i will be running both sets i am thinking about modifying the speedo.
Their is a variable resistor adjustment inside the speedo wich gives you some adjustment i was going to see if it has enough in it to get it right.
Then i'll take it out measure the resistance in both positions and fit a switch and two resistors for standard wheels and 35's

97_gq_lwb
13th July 2012, 08:29 AM
Heres a thread with a pic of the adjuster

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?10672-Gq-speedo-adjustment

danielrusty
13th July 2012, 01:12 PM
Roger that, think ill just use the nav man for now and look around at other traffic and just make sure they are going faster than me.

Thanks for the picture of the spedo variable resistor, seems pretty straight forward. Will just have to find a stretch of road with an app measuring my speed and adjust untill the speedo reads true!! Will give this a crack when i get time.

Beauty....