PDA

View Full Version : What tyres for my GQ

MudDonk
12th July 2012, 08:36 PM
Howdy All

Time to put some rubber underneath the old girl, am looking at a few different types, will be a set of 35's going on rims that will stay at home cept when hittin the tracks, any feedback or opinions are welcome.

Mickey Thompson Claw Radials
Simex
Trepadors

cheers guys

donk

ozzyboy
12th July 2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Off-Road-Racing-Wheels/2047796/MONSTER-TRUCK-TIRES-66X43X25.html

MudDonk
12th July 2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Off-Road-Racing-Wheels/2047796/MONSTER-TRUCK-TIRES-66X43X25.html

LMFAO who's the donkey :P

AB
12th July 2012, 09:10 PM
Purely off road and mainly mud and clay....Simex Centipedes

Winnie
12th July 2012, 09:20 PM
Purely off road and mainly mud and clay....Simex Centipedes

Agreed. I've got Silverstones which are a cheaper copy of them and they are unstoppable in the mud

Tappa tappa

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 11:03 PM
Hey mate have had experience with all 3 you have stated. The new claws are good better in mud, trepador radials are also good slightly more versatile than the claws, Simex GREAT in the mud and sticky stuff not the greatest on wet rock but not bad either. Those 3 tyres are all on the noisy side on the road and found the trepadors had massive balance issues. The MTZ's I had on the GQ would prob have to be one of the best all round tyres there are they werent the best at a certain area but worked well everywhere.

MudDonk
13th July 2012, 07:02 PM
Hey mate have had experience with all 3 you have stated. The new claws are good better in mud, trepador radials are also good slightly more versatile than the claws, Simex GREAT in the mud and sticky stuff not the greatest on wet rock but not bad either. Those 3 tyres are all on the noisy side on the road and found the trepadors had massive balance issues. The MTZ's I had on the GQ would prob have to be one of the best all round tyres there are they werent the best at a certain area but worked well everywhere.

Cheers bloke was leaning towards mt or treps due to the simex being a bit slick on the rocks, not too fussed about road handling have heard treps are hard to beat...yeah throw in the mtz as well decisions decisions lol

growler2058
13th July 2012, 07:06 PM
MTZ if ya want the best of all worlds
But if they're only gunna be used in the fun stuff and in the shed he rest the time I'd be going centipedes

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

nissannewby
13th July 2012, 07:09 PM
I know with the centipedes I have on the GQ at them moment (they are good dont get me wrong) But they would be anawesome fitted to some beadlocks and running down around the 8-10psi mark this would make them work a lot better

MudDonk
13th July 2012, 07:32 PM
yeah been thinkin bout bead locks are pretty pricey though, can get mt cheap, maybe treps too, dont think can get centi's at trade but :(

nissannewby
13th July 2012, 08:41 PM
They arent to badly priced depending on width (when i was looking about 2 months ago) in a 35 they ranged from 365 to 395 a tyre

MudDonk
13th July 2012, 08:55 PM
hmm yeah thats not too bad actually...can get 5 mt claw on steel rims for 2kish, might c wat bead locks are worth

nissannewby
13th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Give us a PM I want a set myself and can get a hold of allied beadlocks at a good price might be able to save a little more with a group buy