PDA

View Full Version : Fj45 Fire Truck - All Round Farm Work Horse.

AB
21st May 2010, 12:26 PM
Ok, It's not a patrol but i think my belovered fj needs a mention.

After Black Saturday came racing past my property a lot of us freaked out, cleared the bush, installed new diesel pumps, dams, concrete water tanks, sprinklers, etc.

I of course needed my own fire truck!

I found this beauty down in town pre owned by a teenager who poured a lot of money into it. It's just the standard 2F motor, extractors, Mongrel tyres, overriders, etc but its the ultimate farm machine.

Hooked up the 1000 litre tank with 6.5hp pump which is great to put out spot fires around the property.

Now that the heat has died down from Black Saturday it has now become a great machine for around the property.

Clearing trees, carrying wood and its also great to zip down the street to get some water when the tanks are getting low. Also a great little fire truck for when your burning off around the farm.

It's got the over rider suspension which carries the 1000 litres no sweat. Only issue are the Mongrel tyres which can rub on the tray if turning too sharp. Some pizza cutters would solve that!

I decided to take it for a bash in the bush and was suprised how much power these old beasts had. No sweat at all tackling some of the local hill climbs but there was one issue which is common with the old Landcruisers...

When low range is engaged and your slowly coming down a hill you will notice the gear stick is right next to your leg, in fact its in the way. I knocked it out into N the other day when coming down into the valley which could be very deadly.

So a little warning to any old FJ owners of this problem, be weary of the gear stick when coming down or up hills.

Timbo
21st May 2010, 01:10 PM
Looks like you got a brand new shed to keep that old donkey in Andy. :D

They are good work horses the oldies.

AB
21st May 2010, 02:10 PM
Good observation G-Unit.

New shed with nothing in it...Another project for me!

On the hunt for a huge workbench now.

Timbo
24th May 2010, 06:44 PM
You need to paint that beast red Andy! :D

AB
24th May 2010, 08:41 PM
haha...Ive been hanging out to do this puppy up but i cant be bothered getting it registered and i do like to nip down the street to get water occasionally.

At the moment it looks like an old "farmer joe" car which doesn't stand out as much, except for the mongrel tyre's which I'm sure Farmer Joe would not have but It's been good so far....TOUCH WOOD!!! :)

Clunk
10th September 2011, 01:06 AM
det her er latterligt 21

ker splat......

Silver
10th September 2011, 01:15 AM
clunk beats me again :-) and I was only a dibber dobber

patch697
10th September 2011, 01:17 AM
clunk beats me again :-) and I was only a dibber dobber

Oh clunk was a dibber dobber too...............hahahahahahahaha

Silver
10th September 2011, 01:25 AM
see. put up one picture of a tojo and look at the vermin that is attracted :-) Nice tojo by the way AB. My farming uncle runs 16" splittys with Game King 10 ply tyres. Loves 'em. A bit like the old Road Track Majors for those who are old enough, but with a slightly fancier tread

YNOT
10th September 2011, 07:22 AM
If you had something like this you might actually look forward to bushfire season..............
And it has Ford badges instead of Toyota!

Full rundown on the Amtoya here; http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/11/26/the-story-of-amatoya/

Tony

nowoolies
10th September 2011, 09:59 AM
top rig AB
i had one for a work bus the old girl never let me down
still kicking myself for getting rid of her

AB
10th September 2011, 10:31 AM
If you had something like this you might actually look forward to bushfire season..............
And it has Ford badges instead of Toyota!

Full rundown on the Amtoya here; http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/11/26/the-story-of-amatoya/

Tony

Dear Santa, for christmas I would like...LMAO

How on earth did this old thread get dragged up....lol

nowoolies
10th September 2011, 10:35 AM

like we would want one of those .................................................. ...........try two hahahahahahaha

YNOT
10th September 2011, 12:30 PM

Going by the quote in post #6 and the posts following it, a spammer dragged it up.

Tony

patch697
10th September 2011, 02:18 PM
Going by the quote in post #6 and the posts following it, a spammer dragged it up.

Tony

& he splatted real good too............................hahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahah