PDA

View Full Version : Scanner/fault reader in Perth

Stropp
11th July 2012, 10:37 PM
Hi guys does anyone have a fault code reader in Perth that would be willing to hook up to see why my engine light is on, willing to come to your place if suitable. Cheers stropp

Clunk
11th July 2012, 11:15 PM
You talking about one of those scanguage thingumyjigs? Could be wrong but The Flying Badger might have one......... or maybe he might have been talking about it....... sorry mate im no help, I'll shut up now

Stropp
14th July 2012, 09:32 PM
Well went to xlr8's place today and put the scanner on and NO fault codes but the light is still on wtf! Anyway while I was there had a look at the sliders and came home with a new set fitted up, thanks a lot mate. Anyone have any ideas with the fault code?

oncedisturbed
14th July 2012, 09:36 PM
I will have a look through my emails as I think I was sent a copy of the fault codes but they may only be for the 4.8 but will check

threedogs
14th July 2012, 09:41 PM
Have you disconnected the battery overnight to see if anything happens.
also is there any scanner/fault finder gizmo for the3lt Di motor

Stropp
14th July 2012, 09:46 PM
Mine is a 4.2 ltr turbo, there are no fault codes at all showing so not sure, I have also tried the battery off overnight but will leave it off for a couple of days during the week and see what happens.

Clunk
14th July 2012, 10:23 PM
Well went to xlr8's place today and put the scanner on and NO fault codes but the light is still on wtf! Anyway while I was there had a look at the sliders and came home with a new set fitted up, thanks a lot mate. Anyone have any ideas with the fault code?

Apart from not being able to find a fault code........ a win win ending anyway, although a little costlier than you probably first thought lol....... so which ones did you get?

oncedisturbed
14th July 2012, 10:26 PM
http://www.gadgettown.com/Car-Diagnostic-Tools/Fit-Brand--Nissan/

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/nissan-scan-tool.html

These might be an option

Clunk
14th July 2012, 10:34 PM
Mine is a 4.2 ltr turbo, there are no fault codes at all showing so not sure, I have also tried the battery off overnight but will leave it off for a couple of days during the week and see what happens.

Maybe l300 in the WPC might be able to help with his little gadget

oncedisturbed
14th July 2012, 10:41 PM
1 of the ones in the Gadetcity link I posted has them for $59.00 complete and compatable to most from 2003 onwards

Stropp
14th July 2012, 11:25 PM
Jason it was the consult setup that we used so not sure what the go is and everything looks good on the readings.

oncedisturbed
15th July 2012, 01:10 AM
no probs, was another option to look at if nothing else worked :)

Stropp
15th July 2012, 04:53 PM
I got the Checker plate ones, will put up pic when I go to work tomorrow.