PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for 4WD club in Melbourne?

Flo-w
8th July 2012, 12:02 AM
G'day

I've seen the list of 4WD clubs in Victoria but that only helps me that much. I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for a 4WD club in Melbourne (I live quite central).
I'm looking for a club which really goes out there. I like camping but I don't only want to sit around the campfire all weekend long. I'm also looking for a club where NOT everyone has hardcore trucks with 35" tires, 5" lift, dual lockers, the lot. That would be out of my league and I don't wanna be a drag.

Cheers

threedogs
8th July 2012, 12:07 AM
What are you into to, touring, high country,day trips, age group, lots of things to think about

Brendan56
8th July 2012, 12:17 AM
there's a vic meetup soonish isn't there? i'd kill to be near high country! :(
Never mind, just searched around and that was today hahaha. disregard me!

Flo-w
8th July 2012, 12:00 PM
I'm into touring, day trips, weekend trips, camping, bushwalking. Would like to get into fishing. I'm interested in the high country but don't know what to expect. Age group doesn't matter that much. I've met awesome 18-year olds and fantastic 60-year olds. I'm in my early 30s.

pjhicks3
12th September 2012, 01:53 PM
Pajero 4wd club is very good, heaps of patrols in there too!! I've been a member for 6 or so years, they have a very family friendly club, but there is a huge range of trips from hardcore, to soft, and trips nearly every weekend. Its a little tough to get into though as they have 400+ memberships and you must be nominated for entry by at least 2 existing members, but thats easy to do if you go to a couple of meetings.. I have been in a few clubs over the years, and really enjoy this one.. They have a wide range of trips too - desert, high country, "Photography", Fly fishing, and then of course the almost every weekend trips....

Flo-w
12th September 2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it for sure.

Ronin
22nd September 2012, 11:24 AM
Can you guys recommend one for Brissy as well ? would prefer one that is family friendly as well.

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 12:20 PM
contact the state body if you have one, maybe its called 4WD Qld, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Heaps of benefites from joining a club. 1st is being taught how to recover and drive safely, discount on fuel and OE parts is not
out of the question either, Its the best thing you can do,

matty_3977
13th April 2013, 11:42 AM
I have recently joined a Yarraman 4wd club in berwick (southeast) and they are a great bunch of guys I have learned a heap off them already and have only been part of the club for a few months

oddkid82
13th April 2013, 12:40 PM
I belong to the yarra valley 4x4 club. We do a wide variety of things. We go on long camping weekends, day trips, do touring and if you want there are extreme trips too. Most of the guys are running up 33" with just the standard 2" lift.
We have a monthly meeting every second tues of the month in lilydale

NP99
13th April 2013, 03:02 PM
Can you guys recommend one for Brissy as well ? would prefer one that is family friendly as well.

The Nissan patrol club meets at MtGravatt every third Monday. I'm thinking of joining there. There is info here on this site about them.

GQ TANK
29th June 2013, 12:30 AM
Im in a Melton club we do a lot of what you are after.

One of the problems with the big clubs - it can be very hard to get on to trips that have been number limited.