PDA

View Full Version : Anyone delt with nsw engineers recently

GQSWB
6th July 2012, 03:08 AM
As the title says, im deciding if im going to get a gq ive just purchased engineered or if ill just drop its height n run 2 inch flexy coils. Basically would like to know if anyones had a lift passed recently in NSW and how hard was it. Atm its got 3inch susp lift, 2 inch body lift n 33s.

97_gq_lwb
6th July 2012, 09:46 AM
I have heard from a few different people that because of the introduction of a new scheme it's not a good time to have anything engineered.
Though 3 inch shouldn't be a problem with 33's

Rip'n'Shred
6th July 2012, 04:49 PM
I'm getting mine done in a couple of months by a bloke in sydney. Sounds easy enough.

NissanGQ4.2
6th July 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm getting mine done in a couple of months by a bloke in sydney. Sounds easy enough.

Who are you getting yours done through????

I sent an email a few weeks ago 2 the engineering mob that I believe done 97_gq_lwb engineering, with what I was looking at doing and was it possible and how much would the certificate cost. Never heard back, so they have lost my business.

In regards to it not been a good time, why not? Currently the law hasn't been introduced, so it should 2 them be business as usual.

97_gq_lwb
6th July 2012, 07:23 PM
Something to do with the new licensing scheme i think they are just giving them a hard time atm like they do with the blueslip inspectors they all cop it from time to time.
Could just be on a revenue raising expedition as they do lol.

Rip'n'Shred
6th July 2012, 09:23 PM
From what I've been told the licensing system did change months ago but most are back on track now.

They don't seem to care if they get your business or not from my dealings with ringing them, probably because of the amount of dreamers they would get email from as well as they are in demand; not too many around.

I rang Simon at comptune, somewhere in Sydney area. Google the number I guess. He seems very helpful and straight forward. He told me exactly what I would need and he is a tyre dealer for most of the popular brands of 4WD tyres, as well as a workshop and can fit lift kits.

I haven't actually got it done yet though.

NissanGQ4.2
6th July 2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks mate found them, you might want 2 confirm with the RTA that they are certified, because they are not currently listed on the RTA's VSCCS Licensed Certifiers list.

Rip'n'Shred
6th July 2012, 10:34 PM
Bugger! I didn't even check. will do, thank you.

NissanGQ4.2
7th July 2012, 07:07 AM
Bugger! I didn't even check. will do, thank you.

No worries, its better 2 be safe than sorry, the RTA list doesn't get updated daily on there website so you would be better to ring them.

Here is a link to the current list for those interested: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/authorisedinspectors/vsccs/vsccs_vehicle_owners.html

just download the VSCCS Bulletin no. 1 at the bottom of the page