PDA

View Full Version : Sketch up

Cbates
4th July 2012, 10:09 PM
Been designing some stuff on sketch up, if you have dimensions i can draw you something up. Heres what I've done so far, The drawers with all the dimensions are exact for a gu patrol. can also send them.
Cheers

AB
4th July 2012, 10:26 PM
Looks great, well done. I know a lot of graphics programs but never learnt sketchup unfirtunately.

How long would it take to draw a gq just the outside, no interior...

Cbates
4th July 2012, 10:36 PM
Theres already one made by someone that you can download, There is a big database with heaps of downloadable items that others make, Free program too. Is it a Swb or Lwb?

Sir Roofy
4th July 2012, 10:47 PM
thanks mate,what a bottler that is, now i can work out what i need
with out a lot of waste

AB
4th July 2012, 10:49 PM
Lwb

Google has let me down. I found the gu in sketchup and a gq in 3d max for a price but that's it.

Cbates
4th July 2012, 10:49 PM
haha thats it mate! yea Plasnart, takes a bit to figure it out but becomes pretty easy with a little bit of practice.
Roofy if you have any things you want drawn, let me know and ill whip something up for you!

Cbates
4th July 2012, 10:50 PM
Im just finding it for you now AB

AB
4th July 2012, 10:52 PM
Legend, thanks mate. I got to put screaming child to bed but will come back later!!!

Cbates
4th July 2012, 10:56 PM
no worries, all i could find was a gq swb

Cbates
4th July 2012, 11:00 PM
Here it is mate.

Cbates
4th July 2012, 11:02 PM
thats grouse, how much did it cost for them to cut it? what kinda ply did you use too?

Cbates
4th July 2012, 11:25 PM
thanks mate! appreciate that! yea, i designed the bar around the gq,(i didn't design it) whoever designed it ridiculous at sketch up but we get to use it! but yes, a bit of practice and watching a few youtube tutorials and it becomes pretty natural, also designed my mates hiace on it

the ferret
4th July 2012, 11:25 PM
Mate, that is a brilliant idea, should save a lot of head stressing once it's sorted, maybe make a sticky of various drawer set ups.
While we are on the subject, could you draw me up a machine that could print $100 notes, 500x500, no bigger, so I can cart it around Australia with me lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

Cbates
4th July 2012, 11:27 PM
Heres the van, got fold down table for bed etc.

wildgu6
4th July 2012, 11:29 PM
Looks like a ripper program Cbate, love the idea of designing your own gear. Might have to download and have a play and if all works out I'll do a Plas.
Aye easy there Plassy don't get excited mate, I meant about the draws fella lol

Cheers Cbate for showing us a top prog' mate

Yappa Tappa Doo

Cbates
5th July 2012, 01:52 PM
The pipe is real easy to do. If you want me to make a quick tutorial on a few basic things to get started on the program I can!

Cbates
5th July 2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bXCdWs-C84

Heres a video i made of how to make a basic pipe