PDA

View Full Version : tyres (HELP)

team grandpa
4th July 2012, 10:58 AM
hello all
i have a mav with a 3" (i think) efs lift.
i would like to know if 33 x12.5 r15 will fit and not scrap on the guards,and also how much power will i lose as well as fuel econ, as my mav only has a snorkle, extractors,and a 2 1/2 " free flow exhust (deisel )
could someone give me advice as i am looking at getting tyres asap :feedback:

growler2058
4th July 2012, 11:01 AM
Can't see tht being an issue at all mate. If youre in the rough stuff flexing the suspension to the max they will rub somewhere. I didn't notice any significant change in my fuel economy (4.2 diesel)
Low range is still ok with 33's in most applications also

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mrwlzc
Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

threedogs
4th July 2012, 11:05 AM
33" fine for GQ with 2" lift. X2 on the rubbing in real flexable stuff, rear of front wheel arch

nissannewby
4th July 2012, 08:33 PM
Will only touch in the usual places but only in the real flexy stuff as stated. You dont really lose much economy between 31's and 35's. As the cars odometer is calibrated for 31's they are a little out when you throw larger diameter rubber on it as larger diameter tyres dont have to do as many rotations as a smaller tyre to cover the same distance hence your odo/trip meter will read less where as you are getting similar mileage if you do the calculations.

Clunk
4th July 2012, 09:53 PM
They may also rub on the front mud guard fixing bracket on full lock....... I've just removed the mud guards for now until I get some spacers to move the wheels forward a little....... can't remember the correct terminology but no doubt someone will tell ya

nissannewby
4th July 2012, 11:23 PM
radius arm spacers

Clunk
4th July 2012, 11:39 PM
radius arm spacers

Thems the puppies ....... cheers mate