PDA

View Full Version : Rubicon State forest(VIC)

Irish
2nd July 2012, 11:51 AM
Hey guys,

Planning to spend a few days/nights up around Rubicon S/F camping and hitting trails with some mates this weekend and I'm just wondering if anyone has ben up there in the last week or so?

I've had a look at the DSE/Parks map and it's showing a bunch of early track closures.

If you have been up there, how were the conditions.
We're gonna have two GQ's (2" lift and 33's) and a lifted Dmax, we all have winches, recovery gear, chainsaws and all that stuff but if it's gonna be a swamp I wanna pack some extra jocks and my floaties, haha.

Cheers,

Pete.

Sir Roofy
2nd July 2012, 12:12 PM
with the weather the way it has been id suggest that
you ring DES/PARKS before you head up thier site is not always
up to date due to them being busy at this time of year
there might be more closures since

Irish
2nd July 2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah no worries will give them a call then, was just looking to see if there was anyone who could advise what it's like on the ground.

Am thinking it's gonna be pretty boggy.

Bloodyaussie
2nd July 2012, 03:05 PM
I am going with Pete and also wanted to know who has been up that way around the same time of year and what to expect????

Irish
4th July 2012, 02:08 PM
Well, called the DSE on Monday to ask about track closures like a fine upstanding citizen/taxpayer should, the guy I was supposed to talk to wasn't in but was due back, they took my name and number and I have heard absolutely nothing.

I dunno if I'm more disappointed in them for not calling back, or myself for believing they would, lol.

belzi82
4th July 2012, 03:27 PM
Hi, at this time of year there are quite a few tracks closed in the Rubicon!!

Irish
4th July 2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks mate.

DX grunt
4th July 2012, 08:00 PM
Hey guys,

Planning to spend a few days/nights up around Rubicon S/F camping and hitting trails with some mates this weekend and I'm just wondering if anyone has ben up there in the last week or so?

I've had a look at the DSE/Parks map and it's showing a bunch of early track closures.

If you have been up there, how were the conditions.
We're gonna have two GQ's (2" lift and 33's) and a lifted Dmax, we all have winches, recovery gear, chainsaws and all that stuff but if it's gonna be a swamp I wanna pack some extra jocks and my floaties, haha.

Cheers,

Pete.

G'day Pete

Rubicon is my old stomping ground. I lived in Thornton for 17 years and used to swim in the Rubicon A swimming pool.

Went back there about a month ago and still don't regret the move to WA over 30 years ago. I don't miss the snow and rain and hail and wind and.... and.... and... lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

Sir Roofy
4th July 2012, 08:07 PM
Well, called the DSE on Monday to ask about track closures like a fine upstanding citizen/taxpayer should, the guy I was supposed to talk to wasn't in but was due back, they took my name and number and I have heard absolutely nothing.

I dunno if I'm more disappointed in them for not calling back, or myself for believing they would, lol.

thats a shame mate try them again dont expect them to ring back just keep at them ,its there job to keep you informed
and you can try parks as well but with the storms and rain we,ve had i dought if you will get in