PDA

View Full Version : 8 bladed fan?

wynen
11th October 2010, 04:43 PM
Hi . guys
My 1992 / 1993 4.2 petrol gas Nissan Has 8 bladed fan so far have been unable to obtain an 8 blader only 7 blades . any suggestions ?

My patrol has TB 42 engine same body style as GQ But model is WG Y60 believe it to be direct import from Japan This was common with distributors in WA and Northern Territory Was cheaper to ship direct from Japan.

Peter Wynen

AB
11th October 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Peter, I changed your title on this thread. Iv'e noticed you have been using your name on the subject line which won't attract many people to read your question.

Just a hint to help you, if you type in the title what your questions about then people scanning through threads may stop and read this rather than seeing "wynen"....Cheers mate.

NissanGQ4.2
11th October 2010, 08:31 PM
Hi . guys
My 1992 / 1993 4.2 petrol gas Nissan Has 8 bladed fan so far have been unable to obtain an 8 blader only 7 blades . any suggestions ?

My patrol has TB 42 engine same body style as GQ But model is WG Y60 believe it to be direct import from Japan This was common with distributors in WA and Northern Territory Was cheaper to ship direct from Japan.

Peter Wynen

When i had to replace my blades due to severe cracks i opted to do without the blades and installed twin thermo fans instead, works out a bit dearer than just buying blades and few more hrs to install, but i prefer the thermos over blades :)

NissanGQ4.2
11th October 2010, 08:46 PM
i thought the 8 bladed fans were for diesel not petrol????????? can someone enlighten me

wynen
12th October 2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks
for the response I believe std fan for this model 7 blades. From nissan about $250 After market from major parts supplier quoted $76

Peter

Red/Black GQ Patrol
30th November 2010, 06:19 PM
I have a petrol and all of my mates have petrol and their all 7's