PDA

View Full Version : GU passenger seat

Cuppa
29th June 2012, 05:30 PM
Wanted - single passenger seat to replace the 1.5 bench seat in my DX ute, to allow a centre console to be fitted.

Must be in good condition (or the wife will never forgive me).

Thanks
Cuppa

macca
29th June 2012, 05:41 PM
Maaate would like to help you out with the drivers seat in my shed.
I'd lend it to you but your too far away!!!
Dreading being pinged for the seat swap Ive got and might need to put the OEM's back in to clear the defect, that would be a PITA.
How did you go with the air set up, have to search for that thread...
Macca

Cuppa
30th June 2012, 10:03 AM
Hi Macca, air set up decided - Boss PX-7 'onboard air kit' (with 9 litre tank).... but have it on back order. Supplier waiting for new stock to arrive from US in August. $608 delivered from 'Off Road Boss'.

Re. passenger seat - willing to arrange freight anyone has one at the right price.

Cuppa

Quilly86
27th July 2012, 09:56 PM
Hi mate I have a st passenger bucket seat for swap. I'm after the bench seat call me on 0408008319 if ur interested thanks. I'm in Melbourne. VIc

Cuppa
27th July 2012, 10:28 PM
PM sent to you Quilly.

Cuppa

Cuppa
4th August 2012, 06:32 PM
Disappointing it was sold to someone else after I responded to your post within minutes & then spent a couple of days trying to get you on the phone, but I guess them's the breaks.

Still looking folks.

Cuppa

nissannewby
4th August 2012, 07:10 PM
Prepare to be patient mate. I have been after the same thing for a while now (prior owner for some unknown reason swapped to a bench seat) I even quoted nissan and it would have cost me about 2500 for a seat and console so I'm still on the hunt. good luck.

Cuppa
6th January 2013, 09:59 PM
Just bumping this thread back up to the top. Still after a passenger side GU bucket seat to replace the 1.5 bench seat in my ute.

Cuppa

PMC
7th January 2013, 12:46 AM
Just bumping this thread back up to the top. Still after a passenger side GU bucket seat to replace the 1.5 bench seat in my ute.

Cuppa

G'day mate,

Have you tried both e-bay and the Trading post!

PS, Contact any Nissan wreckers,Recyclers and get them to send an e-mail alert across Australia for you for a bucket seat and consul. See who comes up with the best price for you!

Regards,

RLI

Cuppa
9th May 2013, 08:53 AM
Have now managed to obtain the seats I wanted, I *think* as a result of this thread. Thanks.

Cuppa

surgio
2nd October 2013, 04:21 PM
Hey cuppa, good to hear you got one mate, was it from a wreckers, how much if u don't mine me asking. Did u get a console too?

Cuppa
2nd October 2013, 08:56 PM
Hi Surgio,
I was lucky, a local bloke had an ST cab chassis, but wanted the 'bench' seat, 'cos he has a wife & child to cart around. Because his was a different year to mine we swapped the driver & passenger seats so we both still had matching seats, & I got the centre console too. No money changed hands. Something to be aware of is that there are subtle differences between the 'console' & the 'bench seat' hand brake levers, requiring a swap if you get the console. Also the floor plate under the gear change vinyl covers is different, because of welded on mounting point for the console. The ST seats are a bit more comfy than the DX ones. All the necessary threaded holes for mounting are there under the carpet.

Cuppa