PDA

View Full Version : 2" lift quote differences

MEGOMONSTER
29th June 2012, 02:45 PM
I have got 5 quotes from different places and brands but my problem is the differences in what they include in the quote.
One quote has steering damper and castor bush kit
One quote has Castor bush kit and sway bar extension.
One has sway bar extension, castor bush kit and steering damper.
One had steering damper only.
One had none of these.
So they all say I HAVE TO fit the all the items quoted but one say I don't need any of them unless you go 3" lift and over. I find it funny to see that they all interpret what's needed or required differently for the same vehicle.
So question still remains, What is actually needed for a 2 " lift with safety and comfort in mind.

NissanGQ4.2
29th June 2012, 05:17 PM
Read this: http://www.suspensionstuff.com.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=137_40_68&products_id=4046

Scroll down 2 you see Castor Correction, should answer all your questions

Cheers

Todd

Bloodyaussie
29th June 2012, 05:27 PM
My Gq has a 2inch lift with castor correction, the proof is in the even wear in my tyres.
Tyres cost a small fortune and to only use half of them is such a waste.

macca
29th June 2012, 06:51 PM
Mine is supposed to be a 50mm (2") lift, when it was fitted the front went up 95mm.
The stock springs must have been badly sagged or not liking the winch, bar and extra battery.
Had a wheel alignment done and it didnt need bushes like the suspension mob said due to being 50mm only.
Tracks and brakes OK so I guess they are correct.
My experience.
Macca

Morton
29th June 2012, 07:52 PM
50mm or 2" lift requires none of it, end of story, all the other crap they are on about is called upselling, very common & I am good at it, my suggestion is to go for quality products, TJM, ARB, OME etc, I would upgrade the dampener if it is older than 3-4 yrs old, just check all of your bushes etc as this is more likely to scrub your tyres out faster than anything, a warn bush/s will cause your front tyre/s to scollap

AB
29th June 2012, 08:11 PM
All I did was the OME suspension and upgraded my dampener as well mate, go for it as mentioned above!

MEGOMONSTER
29th June 2012, 08:12 PM
My Trol is 13000km old, it's still a newborn

threedogs
29th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Had 2" EFS fitted , all they did was check front end to see if it was staight,I've had no problems what so ever, tyre wear even, rotate every 5000

Morton
1st July 2012, 07:46 PM
just go for a straight 2" lift, shocks & springs, absolutely nothing else required, think before you select springs though, are you 100% sure to be fitting a steel Bullbar & winch, are you fitting drawers & a fridge etc, this will make a difference in spring selection only

iansmqshotyy
1st July 2012, 11:58 PM
just to put my 2c in castor correction is only required for bigger lifts and castor will NOT affect tyre wear , rather handeling charactoristics, think shopping trolley the further back the less stable , b ut will turn easy. to far foward very stable but will never turn, these effects are even more pronounced on the patrols as there is no camber adjustment to speak of due to the soild axels

Clunk
2nd July 2012, 12:13 AM
the only thing you'll find it you're steering wheel will no longer be straight when your wheels are in the straight ahead position, to straighten mine I've gotta get an adjustable drag link (I think) but it doesnt bother me so I not gonna worry about it just yet

Xtreme 4x4 Sport
2nd July 2012, 08:51 AM
In the past when fitting a 2" lift I never used to fit castor bushes until I had one new Nissan play up. So now I only suggest to fit castor bushes, but advise to wait and see how it feels on the road.

I myself do like the steering a bit heavy then normal and I find that a castor kit gets the feel I like..

But as said, springs & shocks possible steering dampener if on the old side, or if tending to pull to one side a "Return to Center Dampener" if needed.

Cheers
David

macca
2nd July 2012, 08:56 AM
the only thing you'll find it you're steering wheel will no longer be straight when your wheels are in the straight ahead position, to straighten mine I've gotta get an adjustable drag link (I think) but it doesnt bother me so I not gonna worry about it just yet

Bugged me wheel off centre so I got a adjustable "drag Link?" and all sweet now.
Like thumbs round wheel at 9 to 3 so had to fix it.
Was told some models have adjustable links, mine was not one of them!!!!
Sorry mate should have mentioned that before as part of the mod list with a lift.

Morton
16th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Bugged me wheel off centre so I got a adjustable "drag Link?" and all sweet now.
Like thumbs round wheel at 9 to 3 so had to fix it.
Was told some models have adjustable links, mine was not one of them!!!!
Sorry mate should have mentioned that before as part of the mod list with a lift.

keeps the thumbs out Macca, first thing leant in 4wd, my old driver trainer would hit my fingers/thumb with the end of a ruler if I dropped a thumb in the centre, the old bastard brought back memories of school lol, some of them werent all that fond

97_gq_lwb
16th July 2012, 08:33 PM
I just removed the steering wheel and put it back on straight.

macca
16th July 2012, 08:55 PM
keeps the thumbs out Macca, first thing leant in 4wd, my old driver trainer would hit my fingers/thumb with the end of a ruler if I dropped a thumb in the centre, the old bastard brought back memories of school lol, some of them werent all that fond

Yep in 4WD, but on the highway thats how I drive.

MEGOMONSTER
20th July 2012, 06:43 PM
Still haven't made up my mind on which lift kit to get.
Koni's, Old Man Emu's, Ironman's, TJM's

NissanGQ4.2
20th July 2012, 06:50 PM
None of the below, Get Dobinsons coils :):):)

MEGOMONSTER
23rd July 2012, 12:17 AM
I guess it's clear that not many Patrologists like Ironman or TJM and nearly everyone seems to favour OME, not much mention of Koni's.
I have been a fan on Koni shocks for most of my cars(sedans), so not clear in the 4wd stakes.
I hate sales people cos they sell their products as the best in the market and dog the rest of them. ( especially Ironman and Tough dog).
Hmmmm......... I don't have a Tough dog quote yet. RDO tomorrow, let's see what they have to say.

DSzuke
23rd July 2012, 08:34 AM
I am watching all the suspension threads as I am shopping too.

Have you given any thought to the Suspension Stuff kit? http://www.suspensionstuff.com.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4046

It has a very good rap on all the Patrol forums around with excellent after sales service too. I think I'll most likely give it a go.

I think the OME kit would be worth consideration too.

Steve4wdin
23rd July 2012, 08:17 PM
"I guess it's clear that not many Patrologists like Ironman or TJM and nearly everyone seems to favour OME, not much mention of Koni's.
I have been a fan on Koni shocks for most of my cars(sedans), so not clear in the 4wd stakes.
I hate sales people cos they sell their products as the best in the market and dog the rest of them. ( especially Ironman and Tough dog).
Hmmmm......... I don't have a Tough dog quote yet. RDO tomorrow, let's see what they have to say."

I`m running "dobinson springs and Koni shocks" 2" lift. The ride is superb. I was advised to put sway bay extension on the rear, so went to arb, they sell a kit for about $25.00. Look up Zordos suspension. He is great. He is very helpfull and want try too sell you crap you don`t need. I also agree about caster corection. Not needed unless you are going more than 3". Good Luck.

MEGOMONSTER
18th August 2012, 05:47 PM
Just to confuse me some more but was looking at the Rancho adjustable shocks and thought this is a good idea for a social 4wdriver. From I understand I can turn a dial to make the suspension soft and flexible for off road use or turn it up to make it firm and stiff for on road use. Am I correct in my diagnosis or am I totally wrong.

Ben-e-boy
18th August 2012, 08:16 PM
Just to confuse me some more but was looking at the Rancho adjustable shocks and thought this is a good idea for a social 4wdriver. From I understand I can turn a dial to make the suspension soft and flexible for off road use or turn it up to make it firm and stiff for on road use. Am I correct in my diagnosis or am I totally wrong.

I had rancho 9000 adjustables in my ute when it had 2 inch lift they were pretty good but the adjusters seized as the do apparently. usually you can dial in adjustable to suit your tastes. then its a matter of set and forget.

Robo
9th September 2012, 10:58 PM
Caster for 2" Is sometimes needed, as every chassie is different.
My Mav was one of these.
And 2" constant load springs, gave more like 3" lift anyway so caster would be needed.
We had constant load springs and needed 3 deg caster correction.
We opted to go 2" LPG rated springs instead, and this lowered Mav alot and the 2 deg caster correction was on the money for this vehicle.
So getting a wheel alignment and make an informed decision on what you need, "caster wise", it will save you some grief.
Make sure you get a print out from the alignment so you have the facts to work with.
2x alignments to get it right is cheaper in the long run by miles.
Cheers

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2012, 09:37 PM
Was sort of ready to go ahead with OME with tax money and was hopeful I'd have enough left over for tyres. But the sounder on the boat had gone up to sh*t so need this first. It has the highest priority and importance.
So sounder first and maybe OME but I really want to change tyres at the same time.
Bloody hell I hate when shit breaks down.

NissanGQ4.2
10th September 2012, 10:05 PM

Correct Mick, I have the older Rancho adjaustables sitting in the garage from when I had my 4inch lift, you can also get ones that you can adjust from in the cab if you have an air compressor :)

cookpa
10th September 2012, 10:25 PM
2 inch Dobinsons coils at worst $90 each plus Dobinsons Shocks @$140 each ,i sell them every week no problem to customers where i work . i have got them on my patrol . wait to get the steering dampner for when you need one , dobinsons one are only $125 anyway , then get a wheel align when you get your tyres ,You dont need castor correction kits or longer stabilizer links or adjustable arms or links or panhards for that lift ,personal opinions often drive these sales people and not always experience, i work with a guy who sells lift kits and he doesn,t even go offroad ever ,he uses his 4wd for the boat ramp , dont get your needs and wants mixed up and definately fix any other issues with your 4wd before changing the height of it ,
hope that helps ,

MEGOMONSTER
12th September 2012, 10:22 PM
Don't get your needs and wants mixed up,
hope that helps ,

How true is this saying, so easy to just get caught up in 4x4 mania.
Cheers buddy.

robbo0001
12th September 2012, 10:33 PM
Fitted a 2 inch Suspension Stuff flexi coil Kit about 3 weeks ago, and should be picking up the remaining 2 Front shocks tomorrow and fitting them.
Patrol went up about 85m on average each corner, the barwork and original springs had severely lowered car. Happy with the ride highly and handling so far, will be getting a wheel alignment once front springs are in.

Very happy with the service and advice from the guys at Suspension Stuff, and well priced for our needs and budget.

MEGOMONSTER
24th November 2012, 04:44 PM
A mate of mine just got a OME 2" lift on his Patrol and was astonished as to how high his truck was now. The old springs or shocks must have been shot to shit as he got a whopping 89mm at the rear after his 2" lift. Almost got a 4" lift from when he took it in. Looks so much nicer now. Sorry he didn't send me any pics.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

threedogs
24th November 2012, 06:57 PM
Have a look at the 4" flexi coil, your 4x4 will only look 2" high but off road it'll be a weapon. wish I knew all this before I fitted 2" EFS but happy with the stance just wish it was softer, but told it's not possible with all accessories fitted. Think mudrunner has them fitted only heard good things

Diesel-Mate
24th November 2012, 07:05 PM
Mate give suspension stuff a look. All you will need for a 2" lift is just springs and that's it. No need for caster correction or extended swaybar links or extended shocks ect. They guy from suspension stuff sells hd 2" lift springs at $350 for a set of 4. You can't do any better.

MEGOMONSTER
5th May 2013, 10:38 PM
I read on here some people have a 2" lift on their GU and have adjustable panhard rods. What are they and what do they do.

Stropp
6th May 2013, 12:06 AM
Mego you don't need adjustable pan hards with 2" lift just with 3" or higher, when they get to 3" or higher the diff can move over and one wheel will stick out of the wheel arch, the adjustable pan hards will pull the whole setup back to centre.

MEGOMONSTER
6th May 2013, 05:31 AM
Mego you don't need adjustable pan hards with 2" lift just with 3" or higher, when they get to 3" or higher the diff can move over and one wheel will stick out of the wheel arch, the adjustable pan hards will pull the whole setup back to centre.

I was just reading it, and thought I'd hijack my own thread, instead of starting a new one to just find out what and why Cheers and thanks.

Beni C
6th May 2013, 01:26 PM
Anyone had any experiance with the Bluemax gear from SSA?

Looks resonabley priced.

4wdreaming
25th May 2013, 09:16 PM
had a set of bluemax on my runner they are priced higer than what they are worth, only did about 5000 km and they where shot to hell

graeme1969
23rd June 2013, 03:46 PM
It seems everyone in this and other threads have opinions on which brands they like for spings and shocks, but on the other side of the coin whcih brands would you definately steer away from?

Cuppa
23rd June 2013, 05:33 PM
My Lovells GVM upgrade/2" lift kit included castor correction bushes.

Cuppa

NP99
24th June 2013, 10:53 AM
The 2" lift for shocks and springs start about $600 and go well past $2000. I'm guessing the high end $ are not necessary!!

Stropp
24th June 2013, 07:09 PM
stick with brand name gear only dont buy cheap as thats what you get cheap sh#t. nothing wrong with dobinsons, king, suspension stuff etc.

MEGOMONSTER
24th June 2013, 08:14 PM
I've decided the lift will come last after everything else is installed fitted and in.
Now having thoughts if a 3 or 4 inch lift. 35s and engineered.

patrolmq
25th June 2013, 09:06 AM
I had a 2" lift using springs and shocks only, no issues and even tyre wear. Check the wear before the lift, is it even? If so, it'll be ok after a 2" lift. General wisdom is; 3" and above is starting to need 'additional bits'. Don't forget, all places selling and fitting this stuff have a vested interest in selling you the most stuff, especially if business is quiet.

patrolmq
25th June 2013, 09:08 AM
I've decided the lift will come last after everything else is installed fitted and in.
Now having thoughts if a 3 or 4 inch lift. 35s and engineered.

I believe that anything over 2" total height increase is illegal in Vic, engineered or not, but (very) happy to be corrected.

MEGOMONSTER
25th June 2013, 09:49 AM
I believe that anything over 2" total height increase is illegal in Vic, engineered or not, but (very) happy to be corrected.

I hope you are.

Wazza_66
25th June 2013, 10:14 AM
75mm all up lift. 50mm suspension and 25mm tyres

MEGOMONSTER
25th June 2013, 11:09 AM
I guess 2" it is then.

88GQwithlift
29th June 2013, 10:16 AM
only thing i had with 2" was castor bushes.. dont go caster plates though they're crap..

mark89
19th July 2013, 08:02 PM
I paid $950 to my door delivered including freight (brisbane to country wa) for 2 inch dobinson shocks springs and tough dog sv5000 adjustable steering dampener

v8 performance
30th August 2013, 11:03 PM
I remember my mate having a driving instructor that did that with a ruler . Until my mate had enough one day an d flattened the guy .

MEGOMONSTER
6th September 2013, 07:36 PM
I think I've made a decision on my choice of suspension lift.
after careful and long consideration, (for now) i have decided to go with the Suspension stuff Ultra flexy coils and Mono-tube shocks.
Dilemma is now the other stuff on offer. Yes i know springs and shocks are all you need but will the other options help with ride and drivebility.

$1,690.00
2" Flexy Coil Monotube Shock Kit for Nissan Patrol GQ GU

WHAT DO YOU GET IN THE KIT-

Front and Rear Suspension Stuff Ultra Flexy Coils
Suspension Stuff Mono-tube Shocks - can be changed to Amada Xtremes or Tough Dogs for an extra $60
Brake hose for the rear (If you have ABS an extra front brake hose $65 see below)
Brake bias bracket
Diff breather hose
Sway bar extension brackets for the rear for GU only

So we select the correct coils please select at the bottom your vehicle details. This flexy kit is fully upgradeable so you can select your upgrades at the bottom also.

This kit includes everything you need except for the options in red.

If you want something out of the ordinary with this kit you can leave a note in the comments section of your request.

BUMP STOPS

You won't need to worry about front or rear bump stops unless they are damaged on your vehicle. The front bump stops have a habit of breaking off an inch short. If they are broken you need to buy some or you will stuff your shocks.

SWAY BAR LINK PINS
We supply sway bar extension brackets for the rear if you have a GU. They are not required on the front of a GU or for a GQ.

Please read about your options and than go to the bottom and answer the required questions so we can supply you with the correct products. Please also select what additional products you might want.

OPTIONAL EXTRAS
+ $170 for Rubber Castor Correction Bushes (See below for advice)
+ $110 for a Suspension Stuff Steering Damper
+ $300 for a Mecaval Drag Link
+ $340 for a Comp Spec Drag Link
+ $320 for strong lower trailing arms

If you have ABS please let us know as you will need different hoses plus it will cost an extra $65. The rear one comes in the kit. You would get a new passenger centre front brake hose and you can put the existing passenger centre front brake hose on the front drivers side.

Freight is free in Vic, NSW, Qld up to Cairns, Adelaide and Perth and $50 to Tasmania. If you live outside these areas please ask for a quote.

FLEXY COILS

Suspension Stuff Ultra flexy coils have been perfected. They have a ride height of a 2" lift and the flex of a 5" lift for both front and rear.

Flexy Coils are made out of a micro alloy high tensile steel which is about 20% higher tenisile then other coil manufacturers. The variable spring rate allows a comfortable ride with less body roll then a regular coil. They also can carry heavier loads without sagging so they are ideal for touring and we warranty them for 5 years.

Front coils have a 270-290lb spring rate at ride height depending on how much weight you have on the front.
The rear coils have an approx 290lb spring rate at ride height if you are a wagon, 250lb if you have a ute, 330lbs with a bit of load and a 400lb spring rate with a lot of load so no matter how much weight you have on the vehicle you have the perfect spring rate. The increase to a 400lb spring rate does help stability off road.

Please let me know what accessories you have by selecting your details at the bottom. Accessories to consider are dual batteries, winch, steel bull bar, gas tank, draws, fridge, big family, rear bar, larger fuel capacity, roof rack with gear and whether you want the coils to suit what you are towing or not so I can select the appropriate coils for your application.

SUSPENSION STUFF MONOTUBE SHOCKS - April 2013 version

The lengths are 625mm to 375mm extended up front measured from mount to mount and 745 to 435mm on the rear

There are 3 different rear shock valvings depending on what constant loads you have. We will make the selection for you based upon what constant loads you select.

We have re-designed our Suspension Stuff Mono-tube Shocks again from April 2013, There is a significant improvement compared to our old mono-tube shocks and compared to any other shock on the market. We now boast the most comfortable shocks in any terrain at any speed and with any load.

In point form this is what you can expect compared to any other shock on the market. It might sound too good to be true but believe every word:-

More comfortable initial bump, medium size bump or large hit at both low and high speed

Less body roll when hooking it into corners

Less likely to bottom out even when launching vehicle

Less fade even on corrugated roads or when towing

More travel than any other shock

Safer with better braking performance because the tyres are on the ground more

5 year warranty for 2” lift or 2 years for bigger lifts

The shocks are perfect for:-

Corrugated roads

Highway driving

100km/hr pot holes and rough roads

Rough off road driving

Hard Cornering

Heavy Loads or towing

Shopping centre speed bumps

Ideal for people with pinched nerves and bad backs etc.

The reason why a mono-tube or remote reservoir shock performs better than a twin tube shock is because of the very high gas pressure always pushing against the oil not allowing the oil to fill with air bubbles. This means we can run bendy shims and high flow pistons so the shock can move rapidly resulting in a comfortable ride especially at high speed. The hard thing to acheive is a comfortable initial bump while all this is taking place. Problem solved, that's all you need to know for now.

CASTOR CORRECTION

Castor Correction Bushes are not included in the kit because at least half my customers don't bother. If you notice the vehicle wandering a bit on uneven roads or turning under braking then it is a must to get a set. I think it is a good idea anyway because it will track straighter with less driver input with them fitted. We only sell the rubber castor correction bushes because poly bushes won't last as long if you go off road, they transfer more road vibration and reduce flex by quite a lot.

BRAKE BIAS BRACKET

At the rear above your diff there is a device that decreases brake bias at the rear when your Patrol pitches forward during heavy braking. It's the thing with the spring attached to it above your rear diff. You need this so you don't skid when there is less ground pressure at the rear tyres. The bracket brings things back to normal otherwise you will be driving around with reduced rear brake effectiveness.

BRAKE LINES

You get a new brake hose with the kit for the rear and you can put your existing rear one up front.
If you have ABS you need another brake hose for the centre front and you can put the centre fron ABS line on the drivers side front. If you wanted all 3 new brake hoses leave a not in the comments section.

BELOW NOT INCLUDED IN KIT

ADJUSTABLE DRAG LINK

These are not included in the kit. Generally people don't purchase these with the 2" lift kit however your steering wheel does go off centre. This is fixed with an adjustable drag link or your mechanic can pull your steering wheel off and rotate it until it is straight again. This can be more difficult though with GU Wagons because they have air bags which need to be disconnected before work is carried out. +$350

Your drag link is often the first point of contact in the bush and some people purchase the drag link for strength.

ADJUSTABLE PAN HARD RODS

99% of people don't bother about these for a 2" lift. They are used to centre your tyres after the lift is completed so when you notice your tyres sitting out a bit more one way this is the solution. +$530 for every vehicle except GU Series 2+ Wagons which are $630 for the pair.

LOWER FIXED LENGTH CONTROL/TRAILING ARMS

Your stock trailing arms are very weak and if you bend them they brake very quickly and cause a lot of damage. +$330

MEGOMONSTER
17th September 2013, 09:04 PM
Well after more advise from certain members, I'm not sure now.
I've also heard a couple stories of spring not seating properly after full flex.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd September 2013, 01:25 PM
Looking at Superior and the Profender superflex 2" lift kit

lhurley
23rd September 2013, 01:37 PM
Looking at Superior and the Profender superflex 2" lift kit

That looks like a good kit. I'm going 2" ome nitro charger shocks and ome springs. Got quoted around $1100 with a damper.

I have yet to hear anything bad about ome stuff. I looked at the ultra flex coils, but I have read far to many bad reviews on them plus they are $700 as opposed to $500 for most other decent springs

kouks92
30th September 2013, 09:51 PM
do you have to change anything else on the car if you put a 2inch light on the car

Drewboyaus
30th September 2013, 09:57 PM
do you have to change anything else on the car if you put a 2inch light on the car

Not really mate. Castor will be a bit out but it's debatable whether you'd do anything about it with a 2 inch lift. I haven't bothered.

GU_Mick
18th November 2013, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=MEGOMONSTER;420687]

Suspension Stuff Mono-tube Shocks - can be changed to Amada Xtremes or Tough Dogs for an extra $60
Brake hose for the rear (If you have ABS an extra front brake hose $65 see below)
Brake bias bracket
Diff breather hose

Are the Amada Xtremes worth the money for a tourer?

MEGOMONSTER
18th November 2013, 08:11 PM

Brake bias bracket
Diff breather hose

Good question.
Are you suggesting they are overkill for a tourer/daily drive. And better suited to a 4x4 track.

MudRunnerTD
18th November 2013, 08:17 PM

Brake bias bracket
Diff breather hose

Note the Superior have just released a new 2" lift shock branded Amada. They are not the remote reservoir shock and you should check what your getting for the $60. ?? If they are not the remotes I would not necessarily upgrading to them as they are a little unknown.

Also check to see if that is $60 per corner so an extra $240 which would make sense.

I still think the Old Man Emu is a Bargain based on the prices above.

MEGOMONSTER
18th November 2013, 08:44 PM
Question. Mono shocks.
Are they a shock better suited for off roading and less as a daily driver or same same.

Question.
Are they a better shock than the others.

Question.
Will I be happier with mono shocks for the rough stuff.
Do I buy shocks suited for offroad ing or capable shocks for daily driving.

I figure the first as I would rather have a car suited for anything the world throws under me than for what it will be used the majority of the time.
Or am I thinking about this too much.

Drewboyaus
18th November 2013, 09:08 PM
Question. Mono shocks.
Are they a shock better suited for off roading and less as a daily driver or same same.

Question.
Are they a better shock than the others.

Question.
Will I be happier with mono shocks for the rough stuff.
Do I buy shocks suited for offroad ing or capable shocks for daily driving.

I figure the first as I would rather have a car suited for anything the world throws under me than for what it will be used the majority of the time.
Or am I thinking about this too much.

Just buy Old Man Emu mate, you can't go wrong. It is a perfect all rounder setup. I have it under my ride and it is fantastic.

MudRunnerTD
18th November 2013, 09:16 PM
A Mono shock is a single tube shock and is old a school mate. I'd be chasing a Gas shock (nitrogen) over a foam cell shock. The Nitrogen reduces heat and therefore reduces shock fade over corrugations.

A Remote res shock just has more Gas mate ;) more gas = less shack fade when used on rough roads.

The remote res shock will make very little difference to slow bush work mate. Other than the fact that a remote res shock is generally at the higher end of the market so is likely a better shock all round.

A variable valving shock is far better suited to your needs over an adjustable shock that you have to set up yourself. (Toughdog)

The Old Man Emu ticks all those boxes and is why I am a fan mate. Don't reinvent the wheel if you don't have too.

I am very very pleased with the Old Man Emu matched springs and shocks package mate. If you absolutely Have to buy something other that a matched set then think about the Superior Springs. I have them in the GQ and they replaced the flexi coils and OMFG!!!!! Soooooo much nicer.

I spent a long time researching the products before settling on the Suspension Stuff flexi coils and Boss Shocks and Superior everything else. Suspension stuff supplied the Coils and Shocks based on the weight of my car. It was Never Right, drove like a pig and I have now replaced the coils and shocks. The shocks have been replaced twice. Don't rate it at all mate. You only want to do it once Mick.

Old Man Emu have 30 years of Research and Development behind them and their Springs and Shocks. Not many other Manufacturers can make that claim. And it should not be undervalued.

My 2c

GU_Mick
18th November 2013, 10:37 PM
A Mono shock is a single tube shock and is old a school mate. I'd be chasing a Gas shock (nitrogen) over a foam cell shock. The Nitrogen reduces heat and therefore reduces shock fade over corrugations.

A Remote res shock just has more Gas mate ;) more gas = less shack fade when used on rough roads.

The remote res shock will make very little difference to slow bush work mate. Other than the fact that a remote res shock is generally at the higher end of the market so is likely a better shock all round.

A variable valving shock is far better suited to your needs over an adjustable shock that you have to set up yourself. (Toughdog)

The Old Man Emu ticks all those boxes and is why I am a fan mate. Don't reinvent the wheel if you don't have too.

I am very very pleased with the Old Man Emu matched springs and shocks package mate. If you absolutely Have to buy something other that a matched set then think about the Superior Springs. I have them in the GQ and they replaced the flexi coils and OMFG!!!!! Soooooo much nicer.

I spent a long time researching the products before settling on the Suspension Stuff flexi coils and Boss Shocks and Superior everything else. Suspension stuff supplied the Coils and Shocks based on the weight of my car. It was Never Right, drove like a pig and I have now replaced the coils and shocks. The shocks have been replaced twice. Don't rate it at all mate. You only want to do it once Mick.

Old Man Emu have 30 years of Research and Development behind them and their Springs and Shocks. Not many other Manufacturers can make that claim. And it should not be undervalued.

My 2c

You've definitely given me something to think about. I've had SS, wasn't impressed. I've also had dobinson and they did me well. I might see what OME can do for me. Your right. I want to set this new toy up once.

NP99
18th November 2013, 11:30 PM
What about the Lowell's set ups?

Evo
19th November 2013, 03:33 AM
Went with Ironman .
I ended up getting bigger, but I have a quote for the 2" kit.
Constant load springs, 41mm foam cell shocks, steering damper, all fitted with alignment, $1600
Supply only, $990
Constant load was only because of present and future accessories.

Evo

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2014, 12:05 AM
The longer it takes for me to get things together the higher I get.
First 2", then I was tinkling with 3" but now am researching a 4" lift.
I think I'll be buying things slowly.
I spent most if the night on the net researching.

growler2058
20th January 2014, 12:18 AM
The longer it takes for me to get things together the higher I get.
First 2", then I was tinkling with 3" but now am researching a 4" lift.
I think I'll be buying things slowly.
I spent most if the night on the net researching.

If I was you I'd be going 2" and 35's

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2014, 12:22 AM
If I was you I'd be going 2" and 35's

How bout 3" and 35's.

growler2058
20th January 2014, 12:24 AM
How bout 3" and 35's.

It's just the legality/road worthiness with the new laws. Even 2" and 35's isn't 100% kosher. Mud runner has a 4" and 35's on his GU flick him a PM and pick his brain

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2014, 12:35 AM
It's just the legality/road worthiness with the new laws. Even 2" and 35's isn't 100% kosher. Mud runner has a 4" and 35's on his GU flick him a PM and pick his brain

I was just thinking that I'll have a meet with Darren and really have a good chin wag.
I really wanna get something going cos I still got his 2" lift on my truck.

I've probably gotten more info off him from all the threads his relied in, to make a decision.