PDA

View Full Version : Grampians trip

wildgu6
10th October 2010, 09:01 PM
Hi guys & gals.
Hope your all travelling well out there.
Looking at planning a trip to the Grampians with a few mates and wondering if anyone can put me on to a few good tracks up there.

Cheers Pete.

AB
12th October 2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry Wild, this hasn't had muich interest. Personally haven't been to the Grampians in many years so I'll only be guessing.

wildgu6
12th October 2010, 09:57 PM
Cheers AB,
all the websites i have found, the tracks look like a sunday drive with nothing to challenging.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers Pete

patch697
12th October 2010, 10:13 PM
Cheers AB,
all the websites i have found, the tracks look like a sunday drive with nothing to challenging.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers Pete

Not much thats hard up there but its still well worth the trip as the places of interest up there are really something els & you will be glad you went.

wildgu6
13th October 2010, 06:17 PM
Cheers Patch697.
I grew up in the area, but didnt own a 4b then, and yes it is well worth the trip but was hoping for some challenging off road action as well.
Thanks anyway buddy.

Cheers Pete.

patch697
13th October 2010, 07:12 PM
If you wait until thay reopen the tracks when the weather drys up, there are some good tracks that go over the top of the mountain that offer some challenges & take some skill to navigate but not in the extreme off road bracket

wildgu6
13th October 2010, 08:12 PM
Beautiful, thats the sort of thing i am looking for and was hoping to hear.
Will do some more research to try and find out a bit more on currently closed tracks.
Not planning on going for a few months yet so should be quite dry by then.

Cheers buddy.
Pete

patch697
13th October 2010, 08:16 PM
Beautiful, thats the sort of thing i am looking for and was hoping to hear.
Will do some more research to try and find out a bit more on currently closed tracks.
Not planning on going for a few months yet so should be quite dry by then.

Cheers buddy.
Pete

I have a Regen 17 fire map book (no you can't ask how I got it...lololol) & will see if I can copy the maps you will need & get them to you. It will help you out heaps.

wildgu6
13th October 2010, 08:36 PM
Sounds good, that would be great buddy.
Let me know how you go. What part of the Wimmera you from.
Grew up in Horsham myself until the parents moved to the big smoke for a better education for us.
Damn that didnt work did it.......lol
Enjoy buddy, stay safe.

Cheers Pete.

GQ4.2
16th October 2010, 10:08 AM
think you would be better going to MT Cole area for challenging tracks

wildgu6
17th October 2010, 12:41 PM
Cheers buddy,
Might look into that one, but this time round will be at Grampians.
The girls Got accomadation on that holiday holiday holiday thing. top 50 bidders ???
Cheers Pete

AB
17th October 2010, 07:24 PM
Hi Pete, I completely forgot about this bit.

Old family friends Max and jenny Green run an accommodation ranch up at Dadswell Town on Horsham side of the Grampians.

My oldies just got back from there last week and apparently he has an amazing set up of old memorabilia and classic cars, etc.

Ive knowing this guy my whole life and he is definitly a character.

Check out his website here http://www.olddadswelltown.com.au/about_us.htm

Mention my name and get no discount at all...lol...Nah, if you around that area drop in and see Max and I'm sure he can tell a million funny stories about my childhood thats for sure!!!

We did the Simpson 3 times with these guys and they love their 4wding...I'm sure he would know a million places to go around that area so may be worth checking out for local knowledge!

wildgu6
18th October 2010, 06:04 PM
Cheers for that Andy
Might just do that, see what sort of dirt I can get on you as a young whipper snapper.....lol
Been chasing up some old school mates and reli's back at Horsham to see what their local knowledge is like,
But dont think they're into 4bs, see what i come up with.
Cheers buddy.