PDA

View Full Version : Td42 clutch issue

Toha
25th June 2012, 01:08 PM
Hi guys.. having a clutch related noise in my Patrol GQ td42 engine. the problem is when i start the engine there is Annoying noise continue unless i press the clutch pedal... really annoying.. can anyone tell me what is it and how to fix it ... thanks

eliurquhart
6th August 2012, 10:51 PM
thrust bearing, replace it and get a new clutch while you have it open

growler2058
6th August 2012, 11:07 PM

X2 sounds like thrust bearing

MC97GQ
7th August 2012, 06:19 AM
x3 on thrust bearing, just did my clutch and gearbox recently.

I had the same problem when my truck was idling, soon as replaced I replaced the clutch problem fixed.

Good luck with it

Mark

Toha
7th September 2012, 06:17 AM
when i m writing this i m having new problem i can shift my gear while 4wd gear in 2,,, when i put it in neautral then i can shift the gear ,,, but u guys know that car is not gona move with that,,,
so if u guys suggest me what to do regard this it will be great ,,, oh 1 more thing by this time i had plan to put tb42 curburetor on jeep i have td42 diesel at the moment ... so consider this plz suggest me what to do thanks you very much

MC97GQ
7th September 2012, 07:28 AM
Toha,

I dont mean so sound rude, but after reading your post several times, I dont understand what you are trying to do,

Do you get all gears in 2H, 4H and 4L, In N(Neutral) you should be able to select all gears 1 thru 5 and reverse but the car ain't gonna move. This is normal.

Mate, a better explanation of your problem will go a long way to us helping you with it

Mark

Toha
8th September 2012, 12:36 AM
Sorry u absouletly right , i mean to say even when i engaged 2h or even other 4h 4L i cant shift my normal gear ,,, thats what i tried to explain , thanks
Toha,

I dont mean so sound rude, but after reading your post several times, I dont understand what you are trying to do,

Do you get all gears in 2H, 4H and 4L, In N(Neutral) you should be able to select all gears 1 thru 5 and reverse but the car ain't gonna move. This is normal.

Mate, a better explanation of your problem will go a long way to us helping you with it

Mark