PDA

View Full Version : Towball safety stickers. Please vote

taslucas
24th June 2012, 02:21 PM
Hi guys, a few members have discussed making some stickers to highlight the danger of towball recoveries.
Ive whipped up a few samples for you guys to check out.
They are just a rough sketch, feel free to offer your opinions, ideas and suggestions.
They can be any colour combo or any size.
I reckon i can do the single colour ones for $5 and the two colour ones for $10. (at around 250-300mm) Cheaper for multiples etc. Probably $2 postage.
Ill have a better idea once we pick a design.
If we all settle on a single design i will be able to do a bigger run of them and do them cheaper.

04OFF
24th June 2012, 04:34 PM
I recon number 5 has the most "punch" and tells the full story.

I was thinking someone with the right know how and time, should lobby to have such a warning on the back of every rego sticker one year ?

hekarewe
24th June 2012, 06:15 PM
Hi guys, a few members have discussed making some stickers to highlight the danger of towball recoveries.
They are just a rough sketch, feel free to offer your opinions, ideas and suggestions.
I reckon i can do the single colour ones for $5 and the two colour ones for $10. (at around 250-300mm) Cheaper for multiples etc. Probably $2 postage.
If we all settle on a single design i will be able to do a bigger run of them and do them cheaper.

had a good look at them even got the good wife to second my opinion,,,, and both agreed 4 or 5 but most effective we thought would be # 5 in the #4 format

Finly Owner
24th June 2012, 09:33 PM
I believe "Danger" signs should be sed in the area danger is actually likely. And know that you have npt very long for someone to notice your sticke r and read it in traffic. So Short and to point is what's needed I believe. Too long of a message won't carry the point in traffic. People want to know why that should not do something.

So that's why I like the ones that a short, say what may happen, and don't look like nother DANGER sign that is ignored.

Just my view. And yes I'm Biast and voted for my own design.

Tim

megatexture
25th June 2012, 12:00 AM
5 but i think # 2 would get noticed also

Clunk
25th June 2012, 12:03 AM
#5 works on the #6 layout....... i just like to complicate things

oncedisturbed
25th June 2012, 09:14 AM
What about leaving it to user / buyer preferance on the style? They are all good and also a good range of styles.

In regards to rego stickers, WA no longer have them so that part is not applicable to us sandgropers

taslucas
25th June 2012, 11:13 AM
What about leaving it to user / buyer preferance on the style? They are all good and also a good range of styles.

Yep, your free to design anything you like:)
But the more we make at once, the cheaper they will be. The cheaper they are, the more likely people are to get one.

Tap, crackle, pop

Sir Roofy
25th June 2012, 12:49 PM
hi guys, a few members have discussed making some stickers to highlight the danger of towball recoveries.
I reckon i can do the single colour ones for $5 and the two colour ones for $10. (at around 250-300mm) cheaper for multiples etc. Probably $2 postage.

number ----5--- thanks mate

taslucas
26th June 2012, 07:54 PM
Ok by the looks of things number 5 gets it with a close second to number 3.
Ill wait a bit longer and see how things go. I might just do both designs. What do you guys reckon about Number 5 design in those colours at about 250mm wide (from left to right). Would the black stand out enough? (it wont stand out on windows)
I could pump out a heap of number 3 design real cheaply (and make "death" bolder for you tim). What colours do ya reckon? Could have just text without background too.

If you have any thoughts please post them:)

Sir Roofy
26th June 2012, 08:00 PM
I like 5 as is but will go for what you settle on
thanks lucas for your in put and time on this

Finly Owner
26th June 2012, 09:52 PM
Aye Lucas,
I reckon make three with DEATH in bold for all. And yeh,I like just text no back ground. I recko the 3 colours that would sell would be red, black and white.

I'd like a red one to go a towbar. 3" High and have 16" long to fit in. So 300mm willbe perfect. Will they be 75mm high?

Thanks for your work Lucas.

Tim

Bigrig
26th June 2012, 09:56 PM
I like 4, 5, and 6 - anything with a well recognised and accepted "symbol" that immediately draws attention and makes it look that much more 'official'.

Good lad!!!

robbo0001
27th June 2012, 06:33 AM
5 for me. States exactly what the problem is, short and to the point.

MC97GQ
4th July 2012, 10:37 AM
Just to throw a spanner in the works, what about the No.7 wording in the No.6 Format with the exclamation triangles. But a great idea all the same, nice work Lucas.

threedogs
4th July 2012, 10:48 AM
I like #2 but I also like the KISS principal,

Sir Roofy
4th July 2012, 11:36 AM
hey lucas are we getting closer to the day to start sending to your account

taslucas
4th July 2012, 01:13 PM
hey lucas are we getting closer to the day to start sending to your account

Hey, yep sorry I've been a bit slack! Too much 4wding on the weekends (which us never a bad thing!). I think I'll settle on the 3 most popular designs. I'll post them up fir a final look in the next couple if days then start making them.

Cheers for the feedback guys

taslucas
18th July 2012, 08:08 AM
Ok, ive finally got round to it! Here are the three most popular designs.....

At 300mm wide, #2 and #5 will be about 80mm high but #3 will only be 15mm high (due to its proportions) and that wont stand out much....

Just wondering Tim, if we could put #3 in two lines so at 300mm wide it would be more like 60mm high?

#2 and #5 will be $6 each or 5 for $20.

#3 will be $4 each or 5 for $12.

Postage will be $3 per parcel (regardless of how many stickers)

PM me if you would like larger amounts (for a club etc) and ill work out the cheapest rate.

Ive tried to get the prices as low as possible because its for a good cause. Mostly ill just cover the cost of the vinyl and postage but im throwing in my time for free! lol

Anyway, PM me if your interested......

Cheers

Lucas

Sir Roofy
18th July 2012, 09:22 AM
look good mate ill have 2 of number 5

Wetty
18th July 2012, 11:53 AM
Just came across this thread. . . . good idea, I like #5 too.
Wetty

taslucas
1st August 2012, 10:57 AM
Bump!

Does anyone want these?

There is a sample of the final three options in post #19.

Silver
1st August 2012, 11:09 AM
Hi Taslucas, 6 of #5 please

Sir Roofy
1st August 2012, 05:52 PM
lucas mate well done got,m today very impressed
thanks for that

Clunk
1st August 2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry Lucas, had lots of things on my mind, well one thing really but I'd also like a number 5, will sort something out in a day or so after the baby is born.

jman69
5th August 2012, 06:26 PM
I think no. 2 as red is always used to indicate danger. eg; red rag to a bull. red stop light. etc. Also, of all the examples shown no. 2 just seems to stand out the most, to me anyway.

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2012, 07:14 PM
Great work Lucas. I have sent you a pm mate.

fezz
20th August 2012, 11:54 AM
Would be great if the manufacturers of snatch straps took the initiative and supplied similar stickers with their kits

macca
20th August 2012, 12:26 PM
PM sent Lucas

patch697
20th August 2012, 12:46 PM
I tagged number one but after rereading them I think number 5 gets my vote.

I"d have to stick it on my back window though as I already have a sticker above my recovery point that reads,
"Attach broken, bogged or incapable Toyota's here"

LMFAO

GU CAMPER
21st August 2012, 11:45 AM
PM sent

I think #5 is the better one

Cheers Andy

taslucas
21st August 2012, 05:06 PM
PMs received guys, cheers

taslucas
21st August 2012, 05:08 PM
I tagged number one but after rereading them I think number 5 gets my vote.

I"d have to stick it on my back window though as I already have a sticker above my recovery point that reads,
"Attach broken, bogged or incapable Toyota's here"

LMFAO

Haha but the problem was you took up too much room with all those adjectives, when you just needed to write Toyota and we'd know the rest hahaha

Tap, crackle, pop

patch697
22nd August 2012, 10:32 AM
Haha but the problem was you took up too much room with all those adjectives, when you just needed to write Toyota and we'd know the rest hahaha

Tap, crackle, pop

PM ne with details for No5 please mate

RustyNav09
7th September 2012, 04:18 PM
Any news on the release of these stickers. I like the #5 of original group and would be interest in a bunch so we can really get the message out there. Just came back from cape trip and watched an old dude do a snatch recovery of a triton with wire rope around the towball and a hook into the tritons towbar.

macca
7th September 2012, 06:18 PM
PMs received guys, cheers

Did you get the transfer Lucas?
Should have reached you about the 22nd

taslucas
8th September 2012, 03:43 PM
Any news on the release of these stickers. I like the #5 of original group and would be interest in a bunch so we can really get the message out there. Just came back from cape trip and watched an old dude do a snatch recovery of a triton with wire rope around the towball and a hook into the tritons towbar.

Hi mate, shoot me a pm and ill let ya know more details

macca
11th September 2012, 05:26 PM
Mine arrived today (#5), put one on the back of the pod.

On the white sheet metal it stands out like a set of dogs whatsies.

Very impressed, waiting for the "whatdayamean" questions so the lessons can begin :smiley_thumbs_up:

Thanks Lucas

patch697
11th September 2012, 06:18 PM
Got mine today as well thanks Lucas (#5. also)

The minster of all things good is really unpressed as am I.

Its about time someone got really proactive about this & for all its worth, I think your a top bloke for stepping up & being that someone.

Cheers

P.s. If your up for it mate, I want to take it around our local 4x4 shops & try to get them behind such a life saving message.

taslucas
11th September 2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks guys.

Yeah patch thats cool. A well placed sticker near a shop counter would be great to raise awarness. Go for it.

I was educated of the towball dangers through this forum like most other people and after reading some horror coroners reports and watching some really scary videos, i decided that i could help, seeing how i make stickers everyday.
I also just want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that im not doing this for the money.
The cost of the stickers pretty much covers the materials i use and i donate my time to make them:)

A big pat on the back for all you guys that have taken up the cause. One life saved is enough to make it worthwhile.

Cheers Guys

xiyue077
18th October 2012, 12:38 PM
I prefer to the #5 but also like the #2

zaid-m
28th January 2013, 11:53 PM
#5 is the most eye catching, and spells out the danger.

kingrat427
9th April 2013, 11:11 PM
yes number 5 looks prity good to me,,,