PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Day and BBQ - Brisbane, Saturday July 28th

Bigrig
24th June 2012, 09:45 AM
Howdy

About time for another workshop day and BBQ after/during I figure ...

Thinking of Saturday July 28th at my new joint ... got heaps of flat space, hoist, shed, etc, so who's up for it?? Figured we'd do a BBQ lunch and a few tubes followed by a BBQ dinner that all the families can attend also??

Thoughts??

Silver
24th June 2012, 10:00 AM
Sounds like a plan!

wildgu6
24th June 2012, 10:16 AM
Man I wish I was in QLD, your a champ Scotty, sounds like another top day coming up. Nice work mate

Yappa Tappa Doo

Finly Owner
24th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Well you know I'll be there, with swagand tools. Let me Know if any extra tools are needed eg: pipe bender, mig,stick welder, large air compressor, torque wrenches, pullers get the idea? Heaters?

Tim

Brendan56
24th June 2012, 08:57 PM
I definitely live at the wrong end of the state!

Clunk
24th June 2012, 09:01 PM
And I'm at the wrong side of the country lol

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 06:42 AM
Bring it all mate - have most, but two pipe benders will be good as there is two wanting to start tube bars ...

Got an oxy setup and an arc welder though, so shouldn't need that (saves carrying the real bulky gear) ...

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 06:44 AM
I definitely live at the wrong end of the state!

Only a short trip mate!! lmao

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 06:45 AM
And I'm at the wrong side of the country lol

That is correct!! lmao

I'll be sure to give more than a months notice for the next one to give time for you to get here and back!! You make that effort and I'll put on the beers!!! lol

Finly Owner
26th June 2012, 10:51 PM
That is correct!! lmao

I'll be sure to give more than a months notice for the next one to give time for you to get here and back!! You make that effort and I'll put on the beers!!! lolBut you have given a months notice for this one.

Tim

Bigrig
26th June 2012, 10:58 PM
But you have given a months notice for this one.

Tim

Valid point!!! No excuse then!!! lmao

nissannewby
27th June 2012, 06:11 AM
I might join in lend my expertise :P might be a good time to rip the tray off the GQ and enjoy a few beers and a feed.

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 06:39 AM
I might join in lend my expertise :P might be a good time to rip the tray off the GQ and enjoy a few beers and a feed.

Good stuff mate!!

my third 256
27th June 2012, 07:48 AM
dont forget

nissannewby
27th June 2012, 09:45 AM
and ill bring the little giggle pot that is sharee with me as well.

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 09:49 AM
and ill bring the little giggle pot that is sharee with me as well.

Good as gold mate - there will be a few women there with kids and the like also for the BBQ so her choice - shed with the blokes, entertainment area on the drink with the women!!! lmao

macca86
27th June 2012, 09:49 AM
I may be interested in joining can help with other peoples trucks and use my skills if needed they include drinking eating have a bit of a yarn giving useless advice and getting in the road. I also can weld things for people should they need help

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 10:43 AM
I may be interested in joining can help with other peoples trucks and use my skills if needed they include drinking eating have a bit of a yarn giving useless advice and getting in the road. I also can weld things for people should they need help

Bootiful mate!!! So far that's:

Scotty
Tim
Macca
Matty
Dhuck
Ryan
Rick
Hempo

We'll work out who's doing what, but thinking Tim's will take 2 of us most of the day - we'll rip out the diff first thing and roll it off the hoist for others to use from there.

Love it!!!

patrol2.8
27th June 2012, 11:43 AM
Bugger another reason i need to get out of Vic

taslucas
27th June 2012, 03:05 PM

Hey macca, what a coincidence! I can do everything you can do......except weld! Lmao.

Tap, crackle, pop

MudDonk
27th June 2012, 05:27 PM
im in scotty will cya there mate :)

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 06:04 PM
im in scotty will cya there mate :)

Gods stuff champion!! I'll send out the details (address) closer to the time.

Brendan56
27th June 2012, 06:42 PM
If you give a bit more notice next time i'll see if i can make the trip ;P My dad lives in ippy anyways, just another reason to get out of townsville! haha.

BigMav
27th June 2012, 07:02 PM
If you give a bit more notice next time i'll see if i can make the trip ;P My dad lives in ippy anyways, just another reason to get out of townsville! haha.

Stay in the ville mate, I've made the move down here and the weather is shite. Didn't realise how good we had it up there, not to mention the traffic!

GUtsy ute
27th June 2012, 07:53 PM
Hi Biggus,
Put me down as a starter too please.
Be a chance to do some things that keep getting put off!!
I'll add my talents to the gene pool to help others too.

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Biggus,
Put me down as a starter too please.
Be a chance to do some things that keep getting put off!!
I'll add my talents to the gene pool to help others too.

Done deal mate!!! Glad you're in!!

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 08:11 PM
Bootiful mate!!! So far that's:

Scotty
Tim
Macca
Matty
Dhuck
Ryan
Rick
Hempo

We'll work out who's doing what, but thinking Tim's will take 2 of us most of the day - we'll rip out the diff first thing and roll it off the hoist for others to use from there.

Love it!!!

As above with:

Chris
Gav

Goes without saying that better halves and kids welcome .. more the merrier!!

Dhuck
27th June 2012, 08:17 PM
Yeh I will be there to help drink beer and supervise you mob of rampid animals

nissannewby
27th June 2012, 08:27 PM
Someone has gotta keep us in line :). Should I bring the simexs for playtime scotty?

#1000 :blowup: :bowdown: :):)

Timrob
27th June 2012, 08:36 PM
Bigrig sounds like good day but i think my misses would have something to say on that day if i missed our wedding, next time man

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 08:38 PM
Yeh I will be there to help drink beer and supervise you mob of rampid animals

Hmmm ... you supervising us ... this should be interesting!!! lmao

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 08:39 PM
Someone has gotta keep us in line :). Should I bring the simexs for playtime scotty?

#1000 :blowup: :bowdown: :):)

If you want - you can be the first to attempt driving through the dam!!!

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 08:39 PM
Bigrig sounds like good day but i think my misses would have something to say on that day if i missed our wedding, next time man

Shame mate ... not about the wedding of course, about missing out on the workshop!! lmao

Congrats to you on the big pending occasion!!

Finly Owner
27th June 2012, 08:56 PM
If you want - you can be the first to attempt driving through the dam!!!
I think I'll trythe puddle in the driveway. LOL

Tim

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 08:58 PM
I think I'll trythe puddle in the driveway. LOL

Tim

I'll dig it out a bit then!!! lmao

BigMav
27th June 2012, 09:05 PM
I won't lock it in just yet but I might be able to make it and provide some services, qualified auto elec and aircon mechanic. Can't make any promises due to work but if I can make it I should be able to bring along some tools for servicing a/c systems and any small auto elec jobs.

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 09:37 PM
I won't lock it in just yet but I might be able to make it and provide some services, qualified auto elec and aircon mechanic. Can't make any promises due to work but if I can make it I should be able to bring along some tools for servicing a/c systems and any small auto elec jobs.

Thanks mate!! Be awesome if you're able!!

megatexture
27th June 2012, 11:06 PM
may be free mate... if work load permits or unless the missus has other plans for me but i could bring the missus also she’s quite good at trouble shooting under cars as she doesn’t need the cars jacked up she can just walk under them.

Woof
28th June 2012, 12:20 AM
OK, put some beer and BBQ in an esky and send it to me..............I will be there in spirit, no not the high alcohol type stuff, way over that.
Just don't send me any stuff covered in bearing grease and engine oil............The Dogman doesn't do that sort of stuff..hahahaha

Bigrig
28th June 2012, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=megatexture;240743]may be free mate... if work load permits or unless the missus has other plans for me but i could bring the missus also she

Bigrig
28th June 2012, 06:03 AM
OK, put some beer and BBQ in an esky and send it to me..............I will be there in spirit, no not the high alcohol type stuff, way over that.
Just don't send me any stuff covered in bearing grease and engine oil............The Dogman doesn't do that sort of stuff..hahahaha

I'll see what I can conjure up old mate!! lol

Finly Owner
28th June 2012, 09:01 PM
Hey Doggie you can come and scrub some of us Mutts, that's something you knowhow to do.........................

Tim

scotty83
6th July 2012, 10:55 PM
I should be in for this. Would love to catchup again. have been a bit absent recently.

Bigrig
7th July 2012, 06:23 AM
I should be in for this. Would love to catchup again. have been a bit absent recently.

Top stuff mate!!

nissannewby
7th July 2012, 01:47 PM
Should I bring brad along as well scotty :p

Finly Owner
7th July 2012, 07:40 PM
Should I bring brad along as well scotty :p
Will you be able to set timing on deisel pumps at Scottys?

Tim

nissannewby
7th July 2012, 08:16 PM
I can do. I will get a hold of the gear before then :)

Finly Owner
7th July 2012, 08:50 PM
I can do. I will get a hold of the gear before then :)
Thanks
will finally get to talk to deisel tech head face to face

Tim

nissannewby
7th July 2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks
will finally get to talk to deisel tech head face to face

Tim

Dont know about that theres still a lot i dont know lol

frenzy
9th July 2012, 08:48 PM
We're booked out that weekend already. Bugger! It will be a great day.

nissannewby
13th July 2012, 06:14 PM
Are we able to make a night of this scotty bring the swag etc?

Bigrig
13th July 2012, 07:24 PM
Are we able to make a night of this scotty bring the swag etc?

Too right mate - anyone who wants to camp over, plenty of space, so bring a tent, swags, camper, whatever, and good to go ...

nissannewby
13th July 2012, 07:34 PM
Are you supplying the beers :p

Bigrig
13th July 2012, 07:36 PM
Are you supplying the beers :p

For myself?? Yes sir!!!! lmao

nissannewby
13th July 2012, 07:40 PM
Might have to get a little sneaky. How much fridge space do you have?

MudDonk
13th July 2012, 07:56 PM
im gonna have 1 or 3 so ill be crashin in the back of the trol :)

Bigrig
14th July 2012, 10:10 PM
Might have to get a little sneaky. How much fridge space do you have?

Plenty mate - 2 full fridges and the Waeco which I'm using right now!!! lol

Soooo .. me and Dhuck worked out the test track through the back of the property this arvo - it's a bottler as Tank struggled after the fourth pass though without lockers on ... it will be a challenge for anything unlocked and I fully expect all cars to have a lash!!! lol

Here's a quick flex shot going over a well grassed hill which is now a mess - absolute slop and after a few passes in 2 wheel drive to dig in the ruts, it's not a bad little run!! Not bad to have in your back yard!!! lmao

Too much fun!!! You lads will have a ball as I did this arvo!!!!

Bigrig
14th July 2012, 10:13 PM
im gonna have 1 or 3 so ill be crashin in the back of the trol :)

Too easy fella - you've seen the place - plenty of parking/camping space!!

Yendor
14th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Plenty mate - 2 full fridges and the Waeco which I'm using right now!!! lol

Soooo .. me and Dhuck worked out the test track through the back of the property this arvo - it's a bottler as Tank struggled after the fourth pass though without lockers on ... it will be a challenge for anything unlocked and I fully expect all cars to have a lash!!! lol

Here's a quick flex shot going over a well grassed hill which is now a mess - absolute slop and after a few passes in 2 wheel drive to dig in the ruts, it's not a bad little run!! Not bad to have in your back yard!!! lmao

Too much fun!!! You lads will have a ball as I did this arvo!!!!

Is this like, a right of passage?......lol

Bigrig
15th July 2012, 12:16 AM
Is this like, a right of passage?......lol

Absolutely !!!! lmao

No cars worked on till all have made it though the track - and by the way, I nearly got stuck in it on the last pass though ... no joke!!! lol

Bigrig
15th July 2012, 09:34 AM
Doesn't look too difficult and only started chopping into it last night with a few runs through with Tank, but I struggled to get out on the last time around (and it's only going to get worse as more attempt it!! lol) ... I officially have a mini test track in my back yard!!!! Life is good!!!! lmao

Sooooo ... who's up for having a lash??

Couple from the top of the track going down (it's a one way job from the bottom though - going down would be too easy!!! lol).

Couple from the bottom looking back up the hill - those steps in the middle are harder than they look - especially due to having to down right hard on the top of them to stay on the track!!! Gangs of fun!!!

Ben-e-boy
15th July 2012, 10:18 AM
Dont forget that newby has to drive through the dam

Bigrig
15th July 2012, 10:41 AM
Dont forget that newby has to drive through the dam

Haha - I hadn't forgotten mate!!!

nissannewby
15th July 2012, 11:19 AM
I never agreed to anything lol it was just a suggestion this could be interesting if a turn up in the GU :)

MudDonk
15th July 2012, 11:45 AM
I never agreed to anything lol it was just a suggestion this could be interesting if a turn up in the GU :)

GU dont swear at us :P

Im keen mate ill give that track a lash wont have rubber yet so should be fun with roadies on haha :D

growler2058
15th July 2012, 11:51 AM
Doesn't look too difficult and only started chopping into it last night with a few runs through with Tank, but I struggled to get out on the last time around (and it's only going to get worse as more attempt it!! lol) ... I officially have a mini test track in my back yard!!!! Life is good!!!! lmao

Sooooo ... who's up for having a lash??

Couple from the top of the track going down (it's a one way job from the bottom though - going down would be too easy!!! lol).

Couple from the bottom looking back up the hill - those steps in the middle are harder than they look - especially due to having to down right hard on the top of them to stay on the track!!! Gangs of fun!!!

Man I'm jealous..........now how to convince wifey to sell up n head north

nissannewby
15th July 2012, 09:17 PM
GU dont swear at us :P

Im keen mate ill give that track a lash wont have rubber yet so should be fun with roadies on haha :D

Looks like we may have to bring 2 cars out. Now whether to tow the GQ out or drive it.

Dhuck
15th July 2012, 09:26 PM
Is a top little track. Those pics just do no justice.

Finly Owner
15th July 2012, 09:47 PM
Absolutely !!!! lmao

No cars worked on till all have made it though the track - and by the way, I nearly got stuck in it on the last pass though ... no joke!!! lolAt least if FINLY breaks something workshop and spares will akk be in one place and the right people to help out.

Tim

Finly Owner
15th July 2012, 09:51 PM
Well best I do a before run and an after run............................

Tim

Bigrig
16th July 2012, 06:22 AM
Well best I do a before run and an after run............................

Tim

Be prepared for an hours cleaning before it goes on the hoist then!!! The mud is somewhat .. shall we say .. sticky!!! lol

macca86
16th July 2012, 04:58 PM
mate looks nice will have to give it a go if I'm aloud to haha Got home in one piece clutch went waited 3 hrs for my tow but made it to stanthorpe at 5am instead of 10pm the night before what a mission.
I'm still very much in the dog house after drowning her and the clutch

Yendor
16th July 2012, 05:36 PM
Absolutely !!!! lmao

No cars worked on till all have made it though the track - and by the way, I nearly got stuck in it on the last pass though ... no joke!!! lol

We're not going to get any work done are we !!!!!! lol

I can see us spending most of the day playing on the track. :D

scotty83
17th July 2012, 02:30 PM
Have a few things i want to offer to those going for the GU crew.
1 x Factory Bridgestone 17" Tyre never used spare (No rim)
1 x Factory exhaust. single cut above rear axle area (where i got frustrated getting it off.) rest is intact.
Also have a Factory Alloy bar i am hoping someone will show some $$ interest in.

Let me know if you want any of it and i will bring it along

Bigrig
18th July 2012, 07:31 AM
mate looks nice will have to give it a go if I'm aloud to haha Got home in one piece clutch went waited 3 hrs for my tow but made it to stanthorpe at 5am instead of 10pm the night before what a mission.
I'm still very much in the dog house after drowning her and the clutch

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound mate - Norm was at the Broncos game I think, so sorry I couldn't assist.
No way you can drown the old girl on the test track mate ... very bogged yes, drowned no!! lmao

We're not going to get any work done are we !!!!!! lol

I can see us spending most of the day playing on the track. :D

We have to do what we have to do!!! lol
I think a few will be surprised by it ... especially once a few more trucks have gone through ...

Have a few things i want to offer to those going for the GU crew.
1 x Factory Bridgestone 17" Tyre never used spare (No rim)
1 x Factory exhaust. single cut above rear axle area (where i got frustrated getting it off.) rest is intact.
Also have a Factory Alloy bar i am hoping someone will show some $$ interest in.

Let me know if you want any of it and i will bring it along

Yeah mate, why not - I'm sure someone will make use of it ... there'll be spares flying around everywhere me thinks!!

Bigrig
18th July 2012, 07:37 AM
For those coming who don't know the address, PM me and I'll shoot it through to you.

Should be a great day/weekend!! Think there's about 41 people coming including kids (about 15 members and a few ring ins to make up the adult contingent!!), so will be a beauty!! Will have to have people on beer duty, BBQ duty, car duty, track marshals, officials, child minders, etc, etc ... lmao

nissannewby
18th July 2012, 08:24 AM
Recovery crew?

Bigrig
22nd July 2012, 03:26 PM
Well, Dhuck and I have been doing some track maintenance today ... basically, we figure it's been too dry, so track maintenance consisted of getting the garden hose, removing the fittings and syphoning the dam into the track!!!! lmfao!!!

We figure about 30,000 litres should it ... that'll take 2-3 feet off the dam height and see the track in a fitting state for use next weekend!!!!

Can't wait lads!!!!

Yendor
22nd July 2012, 04:09 PM
Sorry Boss, I'm not allowed to play in mud.....lmfao

Do us guys that have the standard rigs have any chance of getting through?

I think we should ban photos from being taken on the day. ;)

Bigrig
22nd July 2012, 06:43 PM
Sorry Boss, I'm not allowed to play in mud.....lmfao

Do us guys that have the standard rigs have any chance of getting through?

I think we should ban photos from being taken on the day. ;)

Haha - you'll be right mate - but there will be plenty of cameras just in case I'm sorry to say!!!! lmao

I'd be getting through early before it gets churned up too much - once a few go through, I reckon it'll be a different track to what it is now!! Bring it on!!!!! lol

Yendor
22nd July 2012, 07:43 PM
Haha - you'll be right mate - but there will be plenty of cameras just in case I'm sorry to say!!!! lmao

I'd be getting through early before it gets churned up too much - once a few go through, I reckon it'll be a different track to what it is now!! Bring it on!!!!! lol

So what time does it start?......5am.......lol

Bigrig
22nd July 2012, 08:37 PM
So what time does it start?......5am.......lol

Haha ... that time should see you bogged, but at least without an audience!!! lmao

We just went down to check it out, and after 5 hours, its a dead set sludge fest!!! Nothing deep so no drama there, just soft, wet and boggy as ... imagine what it'll be like after 3-4 days of leaving the pipe run from the dam!!!! lmfao!!!!

Ben-e-boy
22nd July 2012, 09:26 PM
make sure you get before and after footage of finly doing the track

nissannewby
22nd July 2012, 09:33 PM
Will give me a good chance to put these centipedes to the test

megatexture
22nd July 2012, 09:41 PM
im still trying to bend the missus arm to go haha! as apparently it shouldnt take 18 months to renovate an office (she has no idea)

matt i think you will need to go first to go first with simex on you should be able to crawl up in 2wd haha

nissannewby
23rd July 2012, 06:18 AM
im still trying to bend the missus arm to go haha! as apparently it shouldnt take 18 months to renovate an office (she has no idea)

matt i think you will need to go first to go first with simex on you should be able to crawl up in 2wd haha

I will certainly give it a go.

Bigrig
23rd July 2012, 06:26 AM
I will certainly give it a go.

Yep, you should breeze it through (you sure you want to bring the Simex's for a 30-40 metre test track at the back of bigrig's joint? Surely you'd have more fun in it on roadies!!! lmfao).

Bigrig
23rd July 2012, 06:55 AM
Well, throwing the hose into it trickle feeding from the dam has had the desired effect!!! lmao

Looking down the track from near the top...

Looking up from near the bottom...

Another from the bottom end ...

The entry point ...

Going to have to come up with names for each part and put up signs - because I'm an idiot like that!!! lmao

Soooo ... "Patrol Passage" is my thoughts for the track name, with names like "Dead Mans Curve", and "Septic Step Up", and "Dambuster Lane" ... obviously needs that many signs being as HUGE as it is!!!!! lmfao ...

Shed is cleaned up and ready to roll also - figure two trucks side by side inside it, one in the hoist, and as many as people want on the concrete out front ...

For those staying over, don't forget a tent, your camper, a swag, or whatever - I think there's about a dozen camping the night not including my brood ... so bacon and eggs Sunday morning it is I reckon - Chris (MudDonk), you're on brekky duty again old mate seeing as you and your lad cooked up a storm last time!!! lol

Should be a bottler weekend one and all ...

Bigrig
23rd July 2012, 07:28 AM
Attending so far:

Me plus 4
Dave H plus 2
Hempo plus 1
Tim
Steve M
Matty and Sheree
Ryan plus 2
Steve C
Rick
Chris plus 2
Gav
Rodney
Scotty

Possibles:

BigMav
Troy
Derek
Nick plus 3
Adrian
Dave O plus 4
Random

Ben-e-boy
23rd July 2012, 08:29 AM
I might see if I can con the old man into coming aswell if my ute is finished by then

Mazodude
23rd July 2012, 11:55 AM
Bigrig. I will be coming. Might have a couple of mates with me.

taslucas
23rd July 2012, 12:09 PM
I cant attend Scotty but I can send my transmission up for you to fix?
Lmao!

Tap, crackle, pop

Bigrig
25th July 2012, 09:32 AM
Attending so far:

Me plus 4
Dave H plus 2
Hempo plus 1
Tim
Steve M
Matty and Sheree
Ryan plus 2
Steve C
Rick
Chris plus 2
Gav
Rodney
Scotty

Possibles:

BigMav
Troy
Derek
Nick plus 3
Adrian
Dave O plus 4
Random

Add to the list:

Mazodude plus a couple
An possibly 04OFF (Steve) plus a couple

Soooo ... that's about 45 people if everyone shows up ...

There will be toolbox meeting early to sort out lunch run, BBQ duties, shopping duties for BBQ, esky duties, course marshals, and I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing!!! lmao

Should be a great day/weekend one all ...

Bigrig
27th July 2012, 04:40 PM
Tomorrow is the day one and all ... see you when you get here! I've had a flu this week that has knocked the bejeezers out of me, but will soldier on for the cause!! lmao

See you tomorrow!!

hekarewe
27th July 2012, 04:51 PM
right deffanatly will be there scotty,,,,,, had to deal with fan belt and oil seal today would not have made to your place with out cooking will bring the buggered bits for a bit of show n tell still doing service but not bring trailer as i have spent way to much in the last 2 days on my 4wding vehicles see you all at 8 bells

Silver
27th July 2012, 07:16 PM
Maybe people could pipe up now with any specialist tools they know they'll require tomorrow that they don't have?

I don't have a lot of specialised stuff, but do have some - because I figure every project justifies a new toy :-) - and am prepared to bring along identified toys - I guess there would be others.

Bigrig
27th July 2012, 08:26 PM
Maybe people could pipe up now with any specialist tools they know they'll require tomorrow that they don't have?

I don't have a lot of specialised stuff, but do have some - because I figure every project justifies a new toy :-) - and am prepared to bring along identified toys - I guess there would be others.

Good idea mate - I did mention in one of the texts to bring tools (specialist style) but don't want people going to too much trouble either ...

That said - see ya's tomorrow!!!

Dhuck
27th July 2012, 08:34 PM
Am I bringing the taj?

Finly Owner
27th July 2012, 08:57 PM
Ok I have on board 15cfm Petrol compressor, 3/4 rattle gun, 3/4 socket set, air nibbler, small copper pipe bender, wheel bearing punch set, pipe flaring kit, Pipe bender, engine crane (for FINLY), trolley jack., My tools, 3 air hoses and some axle stands.

Tim

Finly Owner
27th July 2012, 08:59 PM
BennyBoy, I am bringing those wheels for you to look at.

Tim

Finly Owner
27th July 2012, 09:01 PM
Do we still have the diesel timing gear coming? And the safari fitting guide?

Sorry can't remember who promised to try to get those for me.

Tim

Bigrig
28th July 2012, 06:16 AM
Am I bringing the taj?

Don't think we'll need it boss.

Bigrig
28th July 2012, 06:17 AM
Do we still have the diesel timing gear coming? And the safari fitting guide?

Sorry can't remember who promised to try to get those for me.

Tim

I recall that as well ... who twas it? And is it still coming over??

See you all shortly lads.

MC97GQ
28th July 2012, 06:47 AM
Morning all,

Good luck with the working bee, bbq and other frivolities.

Hope its a good day and you guys actually get some work done, I wish I was there.

Mark

Silver
28th July 2012, 09:23 AM
well, I'm awake and breakfasted, shortly will be on my way :-)

Once I finish my cuppa and get out of my jamies and into something more suitable, I guess :-)

Silver
28th July 2012, 09:29 AM
Will you be able to set timing on deisel pumps at Scottys?

Tim

hi Tim and Scotty, is this stuff that Nissannewby mentions what you are after? I understand he is coming

nissannewby
28th July 2012, 10:00 AM
I dont know anything about the snorkel template but i am bringing the timing gear.

Silver
28th July 2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks Scotty and forumites, had a ball, parted with some treasures free to a good home, and acquired some back either free to good home or reasonably priced.

Interesting watching what people were doing to their Trolls, and Hiluxes, and ?? Learned a few things, and was able to add confusion from time to time with dodgy advice :-). Nah. just kidding - all the advice I provided and all that I heard was of the best quality the giver could manage. That's what a forum like this is about, I reckon. Share experience and knowledge in a polite and friendly way, and we all move forward. Magnificent!!

I have never seen such a short length of chocolate sludge on a slight rise create so much mayhem. Only a few metres long, but there were multiple recoveries, as well as some triumphant passages through that must have made the driver proud! What am I talking about? The so called test track. Able to submerge a 35" tyre completely, by the end.

Wet sloppy and 'orrible, yet despite that, a few managed to smoke up tyres!

There will no doubt be pickies and maybe if we are lucky, there are vids as well.

Handing over to the others :-)

growler2058
28th July 2012, 06:39 PM
Sounds like yas had a bloody or muddy ball!!!

hekarewe
28th July 2012, 06:46 PM
yes a great day had by all got my service done and fitted my spare wheel spacer had a go at the "test track" bit bloody tight for you beaut GU's i think there is something fishy there someone tried to keep the good trucks out by making it tight between the trees had a bout 10mm each side of the car after pulling in the mirrors!!!!! mud mad mud did it once wont be doing it agian unless theres some trees removed and no scott i wont be using my ass that was a one off!!!

great day and again thanks Big Rig for organising it all!!!

Silver
28th July 2012, 06:59 PM
go back to page 9 for some photos of the track - she don't look like that any more :-)

Mazodude
28th July 2012, 08:23 PM
Awesome day. Thanks guys for all the advice and bigrig for organising the day.

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 09:32 AM
Some happy snaps of the trucks playing in the mud yesterday that Steve kindly sorted for us ... to say that it is no longer virgin territory is somewhat of an understatement!!! lmao

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 09:37 AM
A few more ...

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 09:39 AM
Last couple ... video should be hysterical !!!!

hekarewe
29th July 2012, 10:01 AM
good looking pics there scotty hows the heads this morning LOLOL

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 10:39 AM
good looking pics there scotty hows the heads this morning LOLOL

Haha - heads all good mate - hit the hay at a very respectable 3:10am!!!

The damage list is growing from yesterday though ... here goes ...

Chris - punctured tyre wall
Dhuck - bead leak and flat
Scotty - ruined rear wheel bearing, possible auto issue, and slight panel realignment
Chris - fairly significant panel realignment (roof gutter, both passenger doors, drivers door)
Dhuck - panel realignment (both passenger doors and drivers door also)

And by the way, by realignment, I mean bent!!!! lmao

Dhuck's car currently not mobile, Scotty's car barely mobile, and Chris' car more than likely immobile after he finishes the job he started yesterday on his front drivers side CV (clicking pretty bad!!!).

We have the technology people!!!! We can rebuild them!!!! lmfao

Fools ....

Stropp
29th July 2012, 11:31 AM
Ha ha gotta laugh, go for a working bee to fix the mechanicals and now looks like you need to have one for a panel beating day! Hope the damage is not too bad, looks like you all enjoyed it.

wildgu6
29th July 2012, 11:47 AM
Lmao, great shots Scotty and sounds like the fellas had a ball, so was this a workshop weekend? Are you sure it wasn't ment to read workshop week lol, Good stuff, your a legend big fella, should be more of ya

Yappa Tappa Doo

growler2058
29th July 2012, 12:55 PM
HAHhahHAhahahha as Tony at Loveday says "Ya aint havin fun if ya not breaking stuff"

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 03:23 PM
Well - another casualty today ... well ... another problem, same casualty!!! lmao

Chris took another run and I'll post the video later (some of the funniest sh!t from the weekend!) and this time took his tyre clean off the bead ..

Yep ... Bigrig's track of horrors!!! lmfao

Couple of damage and 'out of action' photos ...

hekarewe
29th July 2012, 04:14 PM
Some happy snaps of the trucks playing in the mud yesterday that Steve kindly sorted for us ... to say that it is no longer virgin territory is somewhat of an understatement!!! lmao

i know i will get caned for stating thing but i think i was the only one to get through that and stay clean ROFLMAO

hekarewe
29th July 2012, 04:22 PM
Haha - heads all good mate - hit the hay at a very respectable 3:10am!!!

The damage list is growing from yesterday though ... here goes ...

Chris - punctured tyre wall
Dhuck - bead leak and flat
Scotty - ruined rear wheel bearing, possible auto issue, and slight panel realignment
Chris - fairly significant panel realignment (roof gutter, both passenger doors, drivers door)
Dhuck - panel realignment (both passenger doors and drivers door also)

And by the way, by realignment, I mean bent!!!! lmao

Dhuck's car currently not mobile, Scotty's car barely mobile, and Chris' car more than likely immobile after he finishes the job he started yesterday on his front drivers side CV (clicking pretty bad!!!).

We have the technology people!!!! We can rebuild them!!!! lmfao

Fools ....

And you wonder why i went through locked up in 4wd and did NOT let you bunch of hoons lead me astray LOLL

hekarewe
29th July 2012, 04:25 PM
HAHhahHAhahahha as Tony at Loveday says "Ya aint havin fun if ya not breaking stuff"

tony must have way to much money and time on his hands to say that!!!!

Silver
29th July 2012, 05:52 PM
A good demonstration of the different things that motivate us to go playing :-)

I'm getting too la2y for heavy duty cleaning, and for fixing things any more than necessary :-)

Cruising along a beach looking for a fishing possie is close to my idea of heaven - and yes, I know, sand and salt :-)

I really like the excitement generated, and the skills displayed, by those who are out there playing hard, great fun to watch.

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 06:05 PM
i know i will get caned for stating thing but i think i was the only one to get through that and stay clean ROFLMAO

Obviously you didn't want to get mud on your skirt!! lmao

nissannewby
29th July 2012, 06:51 PM
Cheers for a good day guys would have been great to spend the weekend was good to meet a few new people and put some names to faces. As I told timmy if anyone needs any help/info diesel wise let me know as i will do my best to help or at least point you in the right direction. And certainly need to take the GQ next time and have a play.

Thanks once again

growler2058
29th July 2012, 07:43 PM
tony must have way to much money and time on his hands to say that!!!!

Were not talkin ferraris hahahahahahaha just yotas

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 08:02 PM
Video is uploading to youtube (57 minutes) ... it will have the appropriate warning on the post, however I have done 'zero' editing, so if you have sensitive ears then best avoid playing it!! lol

Last of the lads have just left, and quite frankly, what an awesome weekend ... great group and just a non stop laughathon ...

Thanks a million to everyone who attended, assisted, offered support, and hope you had a bottler time - something to make just a regular lock in event I reckon ... and just wait till the wombat holes get dug out on the upper section of the track to turn it into a complete nightmare!!! I seriously can't get the smile off my dial - although we will more than likely need a repair day to fix the issues caused on the workshop day ... if that makes sense??!! lmao

p.s. trucks actually did get repaired also - 1 Service, wiring setup for roof lighting, new brake lines/bleed, suspension just about fully replaced, new UHF aerial and cable, manifold leak fixed, and a few largish issues highlighted on Random's car that need some serious TLC ...

hekarewe
29th July 2012, 08:37 PM
cant wait for the vidio to be shown

Clunk
29th July 2012, 08:39 PM
Turned on me lappy in readiness lol

growler2058
29th July 2012, 08:41 PM
I love inappropriate, uncut vids, cant wait bring it onnnnn!!!!

hekarewe
29th July 2012, 08:56 PM
is it loaded yet is it loaded yet?????

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 09:15 PM
OK - this is the video from today ... be interested in your thoughts on how the track goes once the "early morning crust" is broken off it!! lmao. This is completely unedited and only 7 mintues long, but hopefully you'll enjoy it.

The full video of yesterday's events will take a few days, as it's a few hours long ...

LANGUAGE WARNING - TURN SPEAKERS DOWN, REMOVE KIDS FROM ROOM .. and then just sit back and hopefully get a giggle .. God knows I did!! lol

MudDonk having yet another lash at the track (after multiple panel damage, a badly clicking CV which you can hear on the vid, and a puntured tyre) ... God bless peer pressure!!!!! LMFAO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU76-tDudh0

growler2058
29th July 2012, 09:16 PM
its been 1hr 14 mins since ya told us 57 mins........cmon man dont make us wait pleeeeeeeeeeeseeeee

growler2058
29th July 2012, 09:17 PM
I take that back hahahahaha

growler2058
29th July 2012, 09:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAhhahaha cant knock a bloke for tryin ay. That language was mild compared to what i was expecting hahahahahaha

Clunk
29th July 2012, 09:37 PM
hahahahahaha bloody hilarious, so wheres the rest??????

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 09:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAhhahaha cant knock a bloke for tryin ay. That language was mild compared to what i was expecting hahahahahaha

Haha - turn the speakers up mate - there's a few of the "good ones" in there!! lol

Bigrig
29th July 2012, 09:44 PM
hahahahahaha bloody hilarious, so wheres the rest??????

There'll be plenty more mate - including all the damage!!! lmao

megatexture
29th July 2012, 10:07 PM
haha what a bueaty i like the line about me just leaving with punture kit hahah

hekarewe
29th July 2012, 10:13 PM
unfkinbelable LOLOLL thats funny stuff now hurry up with the rest of vidios god dam it!!!! ROFLMAO

megatexture
29th July 2012, 11:37 PM
with stock tyres i think i made a major contribution to what deadmans corner is today haha next time will definitely taking the muddies!!
ive only got my run on my phone but ill get all the other runs tomorrow and post them (recorded from a diffrent angle then dhucks camera)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5-A1n3fIK4&feature=plcp

megatexture
29th July 2012, 11:56 PM
unfkinbelable LOLOLL thats funny stuff now hurry up with the rest of vidios god dam it!!!! ROFLMAO

i think theres another thread out there thats waiting on a vid from you haha, if you have edited the vid how you want it i can post it up for you if you like.

hekarewe
30th July 2012, 03:14 AM
i think theres another thread out there thats waiting on a vid from you haha, if you have edited the vid how you want it i can post it up for you if you like.

Mr big rig has the three vids that your tappin about so we are waiting on scotty to get them up LOLOL

MC97GQ
30th July 2012, 07:36 AM
Nice one guys, just watched the vid, what a way to start the day.

Sat here giggling like a fool at your antics.

Hey Scotty, when are you going to open up Bigrigs Adventure Park or Nissan Patrol Park, I could see a money making venture there.

Bigrig
30th July 2012, 07:50 AM
haha what a bueaty i like the line about me just leaving with punture kit hahah

I think that was the point that I 'really' lost it and actually snorted!! lmfao

Bigrig
30th July 2012, 07:59 AM
Nice one guys, just watched the vid, what a way to start the day.

Sat here giggling like a fool at your antics.

Hey Scotty, when are you going to open up Bigrigs Adventure Park or Nissan Patrol Park, I could see a money making venture there.

Haha - no money making ventures coming out of my property old mate ... just a bit of comic relief and variety every time people come over ... it certainly provided that yesterday!!! lmao

I still get the giggles going watching it just knowing that Chris was about to leave and a certain someone (no, not me funnily enough) jibed him about not making it through in 2 wheel drive ... he'd already picked up 3 wonderful new battlescars that I'm assuming will take a full bottle of McGuaire's "Acid Show and Shine" to get rid of (lol - i.e. they're there to stay!!), AND had repaired a tyre/flat, AND had a badly clicking front CV, but true to peer pressure form, he was having none of the mockery ... put his cape on, put his underwear over his overwear, and the rest as they say, is history!!!! LMFAO!!

Just an awesome weekend ...

growler2058
30th July 2012, 08:34 AM
Just watched Scottys vid again with the volume up loud! Sounds like ya need another smoke to clear that throat out mate hahahahahahhaha

Bigrig
30th July 2012, 08:36 AM
Just watched Scottys vid again with the volume up loud! Sounds like ya need another smoke to clear that throat out mate hahahahahahhaha

Hahahaha - I was laughing that hard I nearly cleared the throat, the oesophagus, the stomach, and part of the small intestine!!!! LMFAO

Bigrig
30th July 2012, 08:38 AM
Tank update - yet to be confirmed, but looks like rear wheel bearing and LSD are both shattered!!! Oopsey!!! lol

Soooooo ... anyone got a GQ LSD diff centre???

04OFF
30th July 2012, 08:44 AM
Will be funny when you get asked how you broke the diff mate, "oh just driving down the back yard" (ha-ha)

Well what a fun afternoon, great to catch up with a few people again, thanks to Bigrig for hosting such entertainment, can't get over how hard that track ended up, it was even hard to walk as someone found out, (BTW, did i miss those pics Scotty?)

Bigrig
30th July 2012, 09:25 AM
Will be funny when you get asked how you broke the diff mate, "oh just driving down the back yard" (ha-ha)

Well what a fun afternoon, great to catch up with a few people again, thanks to Bigrig for hosting such entertainment, can't get over how hard that track ended up, it was even hard to walk as someone found out, (BTW, did i miss those pics Scotty?)

What?? These pics??? LMFAO ...

The best part was, everyone saw what was about to happen, willed it to happen even ... and then ... it just did!!!! This is what happens with stubby in back pocket, contents of said stubby in guts (with a bunch more), camera in hand, and a boggy track ...

growler2058
30th July 2012, 09:32 AM
HAHAHAhHHahhahaha i thought dhucks were meant to be good in mud n muck hahahahahahahaa

nissannewby
30th July 2012, 09:36 AM

Funny you should say that steve as I rolled my GQ in the backyard where I used to live you blokes would have loved that place :)

Dhuck
30th July 2012, 04:24 PM
It's all water off a dhucks back. lol. I will have the other vids up in a couple of days. The camera is in the other car 1/2 hour down the road. It's stuck at Finly's place with a buggered starter motor. Good on him as well. He was able to pick me up another for 40 bucks today. Thanks champ.

MudDonk
30th July 2012, 05:24 PM
damn that was a awesome weekend had a blast damage report isnt too bad actually...mostly cause I aint washed the q yet :P or locked it in 4x4 to listen to that nearly smashed CV ROFL...big thanks to scotty for putting on a damn good time...if nothing else i will have a go...cant wait to c that vid of u fallin on ur a$$ dhuck :D

I EXPECT to c finley havin a crack next time :P

hekarewe
30th July 2012, 06:12 PM
What?? These pics??? LMFAO ...

The best part was, everyone saw what was about to happen, willed it to happen even ... and then ... it just did!!!! This is what happens with stubby in back pocket, contents of said stubby in guts (with a bunch more), camera in hand, and a boggy track ...

thats just gold!!!!

04OFF
30th July 2012, 07:37 PM
You should take some credit for those pics Adrian, without your advanced prediction of events, i would never have got those shots !

At least Dhuckie can have a good laugh at himself (on ya mate) never a dull moment i tell ya ! :first:

Oh and remember to check for TICKs, i had a little passenger to remove, ive never had one before, so fortunately Bec told me how to spot one, or i may just have overlooked it.

Winnie
30th July 2012, 07:40 PM
So did you guys actually get any work done or just get bogged in the back yard???

hekarewe
30th July 2012, 07:50 PM
well i got some work done cant really speak for the others there kristoffa

steve anytime mate just upset i didnt have my camera there to catch the sequence

Lunny
1st August 2012, 09:30 PM
Was a good day out, I washed that boggy bravo and well I think I could sell the gravel and soil that's in the drain to a quarry .. And another repair for ya scotty, I had a clump of mud in brakes which had bent the wear tab down and scored all the disc on the front right, suppose the 1.5 hours of gerny work wasn't enough....

megatexture
2nd August 2012, 12:06 AM
im uploading a vid on youtube atm 407 mins remaining ...... I’m off to bed ill link it tomorrow its poor recording quality but you can’t expect much from who i got the clips off ...... a hilux surf driver.

oh yea its longer than 15 mins so hope it loads if not ill chop it not tried it over 15 min yet but says I’m approved to do it so well see

megatexture
2nd August 2012, 06:17 AM
ok hope this link works and usual language warning incase there are any prissy ppl out there enjoy its still processing so may take another min or two well see how it goes.

http://youtu.be/bcrU7sp_0Mk

my third 256
2nd August 2012, 06:40 AM
ok hope this link works and usual language warning incase there are any prissy ppl out there enjoy its still processing so may take another min or two well see how it goes.

http://youtu.be/bcrU7sp_0Mk
oh no it doesnt just says is being processed at the moment please check back in a few minuites

Bigrig
2nd August 2012, 06:52 AM
oh no it doesnt just says is being processed at the moment please check back in a few minuites

My iPad came up with a "cannot load video" message ...

Nice one Troy - set the scene, build the excitement, and then massive let down ... bet your missus has the same story to tell of her first meeting you!!! lmfao!!!!

Umm ... but yes, back to the topic - it ain't working .. lol

megatexture
2nd August 2012, 05:24 PM
ok after apparently a lot of suspense its working ... i had to click save changes on the vid who would have thought haha.. 34min long that make up for the suspense scotty ?lol

megatexture
2nd August 2012, 05:26 PM
oh yea look at the track change after each car haha turns to slop

growler2058
3rd August 2012, 03:59 PM
Just gets deeper n deeper with every pass ahhaa

Bigrig
3rd August 2012, 04:12 PM
Just gets deeper n deeper with every pass ahhaa

Bit of manual labour going into it this weekend - carving out more of a shelf on that step out, and a drop in on the muddy corner!!! lmao

Should prove to slow a few more up!!

growler2058
3rd August 2012, 04:14 PM
Bit of manual labour going into it this weekend - carving out more of a shelf on that step out, and a drop in on the muddy corner!!! lmao

Should prove to slow a few more up!!

Already takin some of em 7 minutes to not get through hahahahahahahaha

megatexture
3rd August 2012, 04:27 PM
mate its fine as it is just needs more water !!!haha

Bigrig
3rd August 2012, 04:43 PM
mate its fine as it is just needs more water !!!haha

Yep!!! And some love with a shovel !!! lmao. Or a small excavator!!!

Ben-e-boy
3rd August 2012, 06:08 PM
Wombat holes and big one at that !!!!!!!!

Yendor
3rd August 2012, 06:27 PM
So, do I need to bring a shovel tomorrow or should I hire a dingo!!!!!!

Bigrig
3rd August 2012, 07:59 PM
So, do I need to bring a shovel tomorrow or should I hire a dingo!!!!!!

Plenty of shovels here old mate!!! lol

Yendor
3rd August 2012, 08:32 PM
Plenty of shovels here old mate!!! lol

oh.......have I told you about my bad back yet :D

Dhuck
3rd August 2012, 08:35 PM
I will watch you guys dig holes and have a giggle. Lol