PDA

View Full Version : Rust proofing near brisbane

num_301
22nd June 2012, 10:54 AM
Hey guys,
I want to get some chemical rust proofing on my chasis asap as I've been doing a fair bit of beach work latley and my paint is getting thin down there.

Was just wondering If anyone could recomend a place that is around brisbane that does this well at a good price.
Also do they sand it first or should I do that as i found a tiny bit of surface rust coming through

If that fails how hard is it to do yourself?

oxmann
4th January 2013, 04:20 PM
Hey mate...properly bit late for you but over here in NZ we can buy a rust killer with a built in primer called Blackguard made by Tegra and it is bloody fantastic, I have done the complete underside of my GQ with a brush with this stuff. I have been using it on various vehicles I have owned for years it is a white looking type of paint when first opened but when it hits the rust its a killer and it turns black and it makes the underside of your vehicle look the bees knees and looking nice and fresh.......the deal is you don't take all the rust away, if you got surface rust etc give it a rub with the wire brush but you don't need to go balls out on it so you can eat your breakfast of it ( just paint the whole damn underside anyway) so don't go to bare metal with it as that is how it works, it reacts to the rust with a vengeance and dries with a heavy duty primer finish....but after all this typing you guys may not be able to buy it in Oz so that's to bad for you, but any kiwi guys reading this you can buy it at Mitre 10 mega stores a wee bit expensive but well worth it : 500mil bottle $32 or 1litre $61...brush it or spray it what ever takes your fancy honestly well worth it.......may post some pics later if I find the energy......hope they give me a job after writing all this cause I need one.... lol

Rustyboner81
5th January 2013, 11:47 AM
sounds good. i'll check it out

oxmann
8th January 2013, 07:08 AM
Couple pics of the Blackguard container and some info.....