PDA

View Full Version : GU w/out Flares?

Brina
20th June 2012, 05:07 PM
Has anyone ever pulled the fender glares off their GU? Mine is missing various portions and i was toying with the idea of popping them all off, patching the hole, and calling it ugly. I realize i'd constantly have mud/dirt up the side of my rig, But all the flaps have already been ripped off.

lufkin
20th June 2012, 06:48 PM
Havnt seen it before also not sure on the legalities. But then again no flaps is illegal too

megatexture
20th June 2012, 07:24 PM
yea i took mine off once and it looked sweet but i know you can get booked for having soft flares and you would need some sort of flares as your tyres will well and truely stick out , well over here you would not sure of your rules over there

MudRunnerTD
20th June 2012, 08:11 PM
Series 1 to 3 I have a mate that pulled them off and found some little rubber bungs to fit into the holes in the panel. He fitted flexi flares like we do on the GQs and it looked great.

No hesitation, go for it.

Brina
21st June 2012, 06:57 AM
there really aren't too many rules over here about things like this. except for an really odd rule about bull bars/brush guards. nothing some loose change in the right pockets won't fix :)