PDA

View Full Version : Doorlock dramas, 98 GU

ozzymalone
20th June 2012, 01:28 PM
So when I bought "the wagon" I got given two keys and that was it. I thought nothing of it. Unfortunately I have come to realise that I got no "clicker-doo dat, central locking button thingos" (technical term). The key entry would be find but i am finding that the barrel/lock mechanism is constantly jamming & stiff and to unlock all the door must be done from the drivers door. (The passenger lock only does the passenger door, etc).

My wife will need to get our two rug rats (including a newborn) into the truck in the very near future and i know this is the last thing she will want to deal with. Any tips as to where to go to remedy this and cheaper solutions?

Cheers

Bob
20th June 2012, 01:35 PM
As far as I know 98 GU's do not have remote central locking "Clicker--do dat"

ozzymalone
20th June 2012, 02:07 PM
So just a key you think Bob? Any ideas as to really sticky/clunky locking barrels mate?

macca
20th June 2012, 02:20 PM
Mate get some graphite powder and squirt it into the barrels, be as smooth as silk after a few operations.
Never use WD or similar as the dust sticks to it and jams the lock.
Macca

Bob
20th June 2012, 02:21 PM
Mate get some graphite powder and squirt it into the barrels, be as smooth as silk after a few operations.
Never use WD or similar as the dust sticks to it and jams the lock.
Macca

X2.............

ozzymalone
20th June 2012, 02:37 PM
Cheers lads....i was thinking i would give that (graphite) a crack. From your experiences with this vehichle is this door unlocking sequence the same in your vehicle. where drivers door unlocks all doors, passenger - passenger only, rear door - rear door only

Bob
20th June 2012, 02:38 PM
Cheers lads....i was thinking i would give that (graphite) a crack. From your experiences with this vehichle is this door unlocking sequence the same in your vehicle. where drivers door unlocks all doors, passenger - passenger only, rear door - rear door only

Yes mate.........

patrol2.8
20th June 2012, 03:04 PM
Graphites the way to go or you could go the way i went Mines fitted with an after market alarm that can lock and unlock the all doors via the remote