PDA

View Full Version : Double Din GPS AV CD Player for my Nissan Patrol GUIV

Robert Petruccelli
8th October 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi Guys,
CAn anyone tell me where in Brisbane I can buy a 2 Din GPS AV CD Player, I would like to pick one up rather than buyiong online on Ebay and has anyone bought one yet and what is the resolution like.

BillsGU
27th October 2010, 06:21 PM
I did buy one from EBay. Paid $500 delivered - including a reverse camera. I have just come home from a 3 week trip to Kangaroo Island and it worked really great. The same system bought locally was priced at $2700.

It is a DIGIROO brand (yeah I know it is a ridiculous name) - but I am VERY impressed so far. It is an AM/FM radio, reverse camera, GPS, runs OziExplorer, shows DVDs, has a digital TV (although I have not used this function yet), runs an SD card full of hundreds of my favourite music tracks. I am STILL finding things that this device can do.

For $500 - I think I got a bargain.

TimE
28th October 2010, 11:07 AM
I know you don't want to buy online, but believe me you can save $'000, just a matter of finding reliable dealers.

If you are OK with "no name" brands then have a look at this site (http://www.chinavasion.com/), they have lots of good stuff, typically what you would see on ebay, only a lot cheaper.

I can vouch for their service, 5 days from order to delivery.

As for quality, well its the old adage I guess, but for a few hundred dollars you are miles ahead.

I bought one of these (http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/5-inch-hd-touch-screen-gps-navigator-direct-win-ce-access/) a month or two ago and so far it works great. It runs IGO 8 and OziCE no problems.

GU skip
30th March 2011, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know which CD player to ISO harness suits a Patrol IV?

I want to get a new double din head unit and want o install myself.

Cheers

Bigrig
30th March 2011, 10:58 PM
There is another thread in here on the topic mate. I'll have a hunt and throw it up for you.

GU skip
30th March 2011, 11:07 PM
That would be great mate! been searching with no joy!

Bigrig
30th March 2011, 11:20 PM
See if this one helps mate - just PM anyone on the posts if you read something you want to know more about etc. Good luck with it.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2994-sat-navigation&highlight=stereo

Spoons
1st April 2011, 09:06 PM
Had a Chiptronic installeda few months ago. Does all those things. With reverse camera for the Patrol and one for the caravan it all came to about $1700. Impressed with it's performance. The only thing I dont like, well two things, it wont display Iphone controls on the screen (bluetooth). It was a function that was verbally explained to me. Also the Ipod controls wont display on the screen. Same explanation. Apart from that pretty good.
www.chipatronic.com.au

Bigrig
1st April 2011, 09:38 PM
Had a Chiptronic installeda few months ago. Does all those things. With reverse camera for the Patrol and one for the caravan it all came to about $1700. Impressed with it's performance. The only thing I dont like, well two things, it wont display Iphone controls on the screen (bluetooth). It was a function that was verbally explained to me. Also the Ipod controls wont display on the screen. Same explanation. Apart from that pretty good.
www.chipatronic.com.au

Nearly 6 times what I paid for mine though mate! Sure they are an awesome unit, but I just went for as much function for price as possible and low and behold, that's what I got. Works a treat thus far!!

MudRunnerTD
4th April 2011, 01:26 AM
I'm with Bigrig on this, Why on Earth would anyone spend upwards of $2,500k on a head unit that fundamentally works identically to the $500 unit off ebay. for those maths the ebay unit could blow up3 times and i could get bored and rip t out and throw it out the window twice and still be in front.

Buy one off ebay mate, pick your seller, an Aussie seller if you need to, someone with a very high bulk positive feedback score and you are as right as rain.

I have been buying HID kits off ebay out of Hong Kong with a turn around time of 2 to 5 days for years and never ever doubted the purchase.

When it comes time (shortly) to grab a double din head unit it will be Ebay all the way for my GU IV.

MudRunnerTD
4th April 2011, 01:37 AM
i know you don't want to buy online, but believe me you can save $'000, just a matter of finding reliable dealers.

If you are ok with "no name" brands then have a look at this site (http://www.chinavasion.com/), they have lots of good stuff, typically what you would see on ebay, only a lot cheaper.

I can vouch for their service, 5 days from order to delivery.

As for quality, well its the old adage i guess, but for a few hundred dollars you are miles ahead.

I bought one of these (http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pname/5-inch-hd-touch-screen-gps-navigator-direct-win-ce-access/) a month or two ago and so far it works great. It runs igo 8 and ozice no problems.

^^^^^ outstanding links!!!^^^^^

I will be shopping there i think. Bargain Prices!

Double Din for $262 plus shipping! That could be 10% of what you pay here! (that like paying Only the GST ;) )

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/2din-car-dvd-player-gps-bluetooth-with-7-inch-touchscreen/

AB
24th May 2011, 05:25 PM
^^^^^ outstanding links!!!^^^^^

I will be shopping there i think. Bargain Prices!

Double Din for $262 plus shipping! That could be 10% of what you pay here! (that like paying Only the GST ;) )

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/2din-car-dvd-player-gps-bluetooth-with-7-inch-touchscreen/

What a crack up. I was doing a search on Google for a double din multimedia stereo and look what website came up first in Google....This post...lol

Anyways my friend and I have just ordered two of those 8gb digital video recorders to mount on your vehicle from that site. 2 of these cameras delivered to your door for $100 total..lol...Amazing!

I'll let you all know if It's a big waste of money or the bargain of the century...LMAO

Maxhead
24th May 2011, 08:27 PM
It's amazing how cheap these things are getting. I think I paid $400 for mine about 14 months ago

AB
24th May 2011, 09:15 PM
It's amazing how cheap these things are getting. I think I paid $400 for mine about 14 months ago

Some of the reviews I read were from Aussies using it for 4wding and motorbikes, etc and they gave thumbs up and a good review so fingers crossed.

China mate, mass produce, cheap labour...The world leaders...lol

brianc
24th May 2011, 09:48 PM
Hi all,

I just installed one in my 2007 wagon last week. I did a lot of research, then ended up buying one from dig_options . It cost me around $530.00 They advertise on ebay. The biggest reason was that they were Australian based and offerred after sales support. Even before I recieved the unit, I received my first software update vie email. The reason given was that some people reported problems with their navigation software freezing (I haven't updates and don't have that problem). I do not think that you would get that sort of support ordering direct from china. Their unit also has a customised menu option that allows you to choose between street software and offroad (ozieexplorer) software. I am yet to use ozi, but the street software runs great.

Anyway, I also bought two headrest DVD players ($190 delivered - from another seller) and have the auxiliary inputs of them hooked into the "2 zone" section of the head unit. This means that I can control the DVD's that are being played in the rear, from the front. That makes life a lot easier. Best thing is that once the DVD is playing in the back, I can then listen to my own music through the factory speakers and have the navigation screen showing on the main unit. The handfree works really well via bluetooth and repots from callers are that they can hear me really well.

My dad had a unit that came with his x-trail. He said it cost him $2000.00. He noticed that my unit has exactly the same navigation software that mine has, but his unit is factory locked and he has to pay big money for map updates.

It also has a USB cable that comes out the back. Ive got it just sticking out from the middle console and have a memory stick in it with music. I'm currently looking around for software so I can plug the USB into the OBDII plug (using an adaptor from ebay) and run some diagnostic software on the unit.

Anyway, the system is awesome and I'm very happy with it. I am yet to install the reversing camera because I can't find a good spot to place it. I am waiting to get a full length roof basket because I think that it will be the best place to mount the camera.

AB
24th May 2011, 09:53 PM
100% agree with the after sales service mate, that sounds like a good deal.

I actually might have confused people here and I hijacked this thread as I bought something different but from the same seller..My posts were referring to a cheap digital video camera to mount on the vehicle...Naughty AB hijacking!!!!

Bigrig
25th May 2011, 01:12 AM
Hi all,

I just installed one in my 2007 wagon last week. I did a lot of research, then ended up buying one from dig_options . It cost me around $530.00 They advertise on ebay. The biggest reason was that they were Australian based and offerred after sales support. Even before I recieved the unit, I received my first software update vie email. The reason given was that some people reported problems with their navigation software freezing (I haven't updates and don't have that problem). I do not think that you would get that sort of support ordering direct from china. Their unit also has a customised menu option that allows you to choose between street software and offroad (ozieexplorer) software. I am yet to use ozi, but the street software runs great.

Anyway, I also bought two headrest DVD players ($190 delivered - from another seller) and have the auxiliary inputs of them hooked into the "2 zone" section of the head unit. This means that I can control the DVD's that are being played in the rear, from the front. That makes life a lot easier. Best thing is that once the DVD is playing in the back, I can then listen to my own music through the factory speakers and have the navigation screen showing on the main unit. The handfree works really well via bluetooth and repots from callers are that they can hear me really well.

My dad had a unit that came with his x-trail. He said it cost him $2000.00. He noticed that my unit has exactly the same navigation software that mine has, but his unit is factory locked and he has to pay big money for map updates.

It also has a USB cable that comes out the back. Ive got it just sticking out from the middle console and have a memory stick in it with music. I'm currently looking around for software so I can plug the USB into the OBDII plug (using an adaptor from ebay) and run some diagnostic software on the unit.

Anyway, the system is awesome and I'm very happy with it. I am yet to install the reversing camera because I can't find a good spot to place it. I am waiting to get a full length roof basket because I think that it will be the best place to mount the camera.

Good buy mate - definitely pays to hunt around, and hard to go past the prices on fleabay and the likes these days!!!

katwoman
25th May 2011, 04:04 AM
My reverse camera is tucked up next to back door handle.