PDA

View Full Version : Lock up switch for GUIII Auto.

Rick1964
15th June 2012, 07:03 PM
Hi guys, just wondering it it worth installing a lock up switch or get the lower gears done. Only needed for goin down steep hills. I know nothing about them. Can someone help with some advice please.

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 07:07 PM
Gears, gears, gears ...

Did I mention gears??? lol

I have both mate, and yep, the manual TC lockup will add a bit of compression back and slow the truck down a bit - but it is NO substitute for reduction gears ... I've said it on heaps of posts previously, and happy to say again - the reduction gears are the SINGLE best value for money item I have out on the rig ... the difference is amazing and manual diesels look like they're running down hills compared to the way I can crawl now ...

Just in case my point was missed - go the gears mate!! lmao

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2012, 07:42 PM
Hey Rick,

Please check back at your other thread on this forum. We are happy to help anyone and everyone but ask and expect a little courtesy mate. 3 moderators have asked you to post an intro thread.

Please get it done.

Regards MR

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 10:43 PM
Hey Rick,

Please check back at your other thread on this forum. We are happy to help anyone and everyone but ask and expect a little courtesy mate. 3 moderators have asked you to post an intro thread.

Please get it done.

Regards MR

Missed that myself MR - thanks champion!!

As said Rick, we're happy yo help out mate (as you've seen), but whack up an intro as requested to follow our simple, yet important, rules.

Thanks.