PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of the sport of Airsoft? Or interested in trying to get legalised?

ozzymalone
13th June 2012, 02:41 PM
Has anyone seen Airsoft before? In a nutshell its an adult version of "Paintball/Skirmish" focusing on real world "war" strategy (Replica weapons using BB style ammo). Of course something like this is certainly NOT going to appeal to everyone but i solemnly believe it would be something to help a lot of people get off the couch and get fit [all while acting like children too ;)].

If interested please have a look online and see if it is something you oppose or support. All views welcomed.

If interested in supporting the legalization of Airsoft in QLD in particular please sign the online petition and get your voice heard....

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work-of-assembly/petitions/e-petition?PetNum=1906

If you hate the idea of this as a sport or allowing it in to the country by all means voice your opinions. Cheers

Silver
13th June 2012, 04:25 PM
be interesting to see if it ever happens, esp with the weapons they are replicating. Can't see it, myself

megatexture
13th June 2012, 05:17 PM
yea i have seen a vid or two on youtube about it man i would love if it came here im a huge skirmish nut and love getting shot up and doing double the damage back haha im all for it!

oncedisturbed
13th June 2012, 05:20 PM
It would be sweet if it came to oz

taslucas
13th June 2012, 05:29 PM
Not even allowed to have paint ball guns in Tassie:(

Tap, crackle, pop

NissanGQ4.2
13th June 2012, 07:49 PM
If your interested in Airsoft, view this site as well: http://www.airsoftcouncil.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=89

Finly Owner
13th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Here's is something I have been advised and have no reason to disbelieve:

Any electronic petitions are not submittable in any legal cases. All petitions must Contain the petitoners Full name, address and actual signature in written form when the application of petition is lodged.

So all these petitions we have all joined have only voiced our opions but, have not been able to form part of the official petition.

If any one can PROVE this wrong, I will be willing to forward to my source of information.

Tim

Silver
13th June 2012, 11:25 PM
Hi Tim, and others.

I wonder whether the point of a petition in this day and age is to get some spin doctor/advisor/? to the point where they think there are so many votes in an issue that they need to pay some attention to it? You never know, it might even get to the focus group/survey stage :-)

If so, that comes back to the credibility of the petition - and why lots of organisations with a point of view to put prefer individual letters, even if they are form letters, from constituents. A paper letter also shows that people are serious enough about an issue to get off their blots and take some action - no easy thing to achieve.

Whaddayareckon?

Finly Owner
13th June 2012, 11:51 PM
Hi Tim, and others.

I wonder whether the point of a petition in this day and age is to get some spin doctor/advisor/? to the point where they think there are so many votes in an issue that they need to pay some attention to it? You never know, it might even get to the focus group/survey stage :-)

If so, that comes back to the credibility of the petition - and why lots of organisations with a point of view to put prefer individual letters, even if they are form letters, from constituents. A paper letter also shows that people are serious enough about an issue to get off their blots and take some action - no easy thing to achieve.

Whaddayareckon?Yep that would then make sense.

Tim

ozzymalone
14th June 2012, 04:26 PM
Here's is something I have been advised and have no reason to disbelieve:

Any electronic petitions are not submittable in any legal cases. All petitions must Contain the petitoners Full name, address and actual signature in written form when the application of petition is lodged.

So all these petitions we have all joined have only voiced our opions but, have not been able to form part of the official petition.

If any one can PROVE this wrong, I will be willing to forward to my source of information. Tim

Interesting Finly & this point would not suprise me in the slightest. This particular petition seemed to be a tad more legit as it required slightly more input than a simply "OK TO PROCEED" (Not much more mind you ;)) At this point I am a member of the airsoftcouncil in Australia & have personally forwarded my opinions across to my local member. They do seem to take note but with something like this with its inherent risk it is still a massive numbers game at this point in time. We live in a very conservative country so there is a lot of legal questions to come into play obviously. I am a huge supporter of "The Outdoors", not in a true "Green" sense by any stretch of the imagination but in a pro-outdoor living kind of way so I think if we can get people out of their chairs and running round the bush waving toy guns about, why not. Might help this "obesity" epidemic? Who knows?

Cheers.

ozzymalone
14th June 2012, 04:29 PM
yea i have seen a vid or two on youtube about it man i would love if it came here im a huge skirmish nut and love getting shot up and doing double the damage back haha im all for it!

That's what i'm talking about! LOL

macca86
14th June 2012, 06:49 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but these firearms/weapons but definetly not toys are allowed as are bb guns air rifle and paintball guns under the weapons licensing act under a catogory A license as these fire arms are classed as such same as a .22 rimfire etc.
So if you got your licence and played such sports on private land simular to the laws us hunters have to obide by like not in a public place and over a certian land size like 100 acres or something then there would be no problems with it but I may be wrong so don't quote me

macca86
14th June 2012, 06:51 PM
Queenslad laws so I am right and wrong at the same time http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/indentify/airsoftFirearms.htm

ozzymalone
15th June 2012, 10:07 AM
Queenslad laws so I am right and wrong at the same time http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/indentify/airsoftFirearms.htm

Spot on there Macca with your thinking. It in theory SHOULD be allowed under such provisions (which i would be content to abide) however as you saw in your link they have a complete "blanket-ban" over importation regardless. I can understand the "threat" they pose as replica weapons however with the correct licensing procedures as per "regular firearms" it would be quite easy for Police to track down offenders who have used such devices in violent crime. I.E. Databases are quite easy to show who & whom have access to say a WW2 era Mosin Nagant, or whatever make of rifle it is attempting to replicate. This country has an understandable fear of auto-weapons & concealable weapons but I honestly dont see the risk of allowing a restricted number of items import lisence. (Say single shot, bolt action type "rifles" only). WDYT?

Cheers

macca86
15th June 2012, 05:02 PM
just make a version like a paint ball gun that does not look like any type of rifel and it could be a cat A weapon as you can have semi auto air fifles and paint ball guns under that catogory After all theses shootings and armed hold ups I feel you won't get your wish and the laws may even get tougher for myself who is a licenced shooter I'd imagine.

ozzymalone
18th June 2012, 09:59 AM
At this point Macca we are looking into non-replicas also but the laws seem to be stringent regardless due to the type of projectile (regardless of fps power) and I suppose the "nature" of the activity. As a licensed shooter you would understand the stringent rules in place to protect the general public from such events as is happening out there (gun crime). Something must be done before it affects all of our rights. - Cheers.

oncedisturbed
18th June 2012, 10:44 AM
Just been reading through the website and the council have definetly done their homework. Very naive views as per usual from the gubbermint. There is no reason as to why they can not be implement the same as paintball guns / laws with usage at clubs (via endorsement) comps etc.

megatexture
18th June 2012, 05:20 PM
I’ve had a look into them and they don’t seem to make a 50cal what a shame.
it wouldn’t matter if they were replicas or not as long as they function like they do (better distance/ accuracy then a paintball gun) and as per paintball guns just need a licence and be in a club to deem it necessary to obtain one. I also don’t see them being any more dangerous than a paintball gun or any harder to manage licensing.

macca86
18th June 2012, 06:09 PM
If only it were as easy as that. The full licencing laws are intense took me 6 months from aplications to fire arms owner. Anything shorter than 150mm is a hand gun or conceled firearm so you'll never get them in as the laws for them are crazy. Any antique disabled or not or any replica or disabled military hard ware needs colectors or R licencing and good luck to you to get them. It suck as it is a sport but the government has no idea if I want illeagal stuff it wouldn't take me long to get it. It's not the licenced people who are the problem but the illeagal imports we are not a free society at all we've very much like caged animals in a zoo who think we're free

ozzymalone
20th June 2012, 12:50 PM
If only it were as easy as that. The full licencing laws are intense took me 6 months from aplications to fire arms owner. Anything shorter than 150mm is a hand gun or conceled firearm so you'll never get them in as the laws for them are crazy. Any antique disabled or not or any replica or disabled military hard ware needs colectors or R licencing and good luck to you to get them. It suck as it is a sport but the government has no idea if I want illeagal stuff it wouldn't take me long to get it. It's not the licenced people who are the problem but the illeagal imports we are not a free society at all we've very much like caged animals in a zoo who think we're free

Here,Here..... Well said Macca

NissanGQ4.2
9th July 2012, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiDlIe0VzJU