PDA

View Full Version : Safety Certificate GU Patrol

muzcat
12th June 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi I am looking at selling my GU Patrol and will need to get a safety certificate for it. It has a 4" lift and 35" tyres so I am asking will I have any problems getting the safety certificate passed.

Do I have to get a mod (blue) plate for it. I am in QLD.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help.

Muz

Xtreme 4x4 Sport
13th June 2012, 09:11 AM
Hi I am looking at selling my GU Patrol and will need to get a safety certificate for it. It has a 4" lift and 35" tyres so I am asking will I have any problems getting the safety certificate passed.

Do I have to get a mod (blue) plate for it. I am in QLD.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any help.

Muz

Hi, yes you will have problems getting an RWC with the suspension lift & tyre size as you have stated.

There are no Blue Plates that you can obtain for those modification. And if someone says they can do it they are just ripping you off. If in doubt call Vehicle Standards and they will confirm what I have just said.

Max allowed in Queensland:-

Suspension:- 1/3rd increase on you rebound bump stop so on a Patrol between 50 & 70mm is the max you can go.

Tyres:- 15mm more to the diameter of the tyre. So a 32" is about the most you can fit to your Patrol if it came out with 265x65x16. The best is to check the tyre size for your vehicle, this can be found inside the glove box lid.

Hope this has been helpfull

Cheers
David

muzcat
18th June 2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the reply and info. May have to look into dropping the lift and getting some smaller tyres

Cheers

Muz

nissannewby
19th June 2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah drop the lift and tyres and sell them with the car what the new buyer does with supplied parts is their disgression