PDA

View Full Version : Main power wire repairs

Roady
7th October 2010, 11:19 PM
Have been slowly, very slowly, removing the catalytic converter to fit a Exhaust temp sender when i decided to side track a little, and clean and repaint the second battery clamp (i'm easly distracted) and also clean the original battery connections. Upon moving the lead that runs to the fuse box (heavy white wire with a red trace) it snapped off at the terminal. I cut the wires back to behind the corroded section, but they were then too short.
So luckily i had some cable left over from the dual battery setup and made up 2 new cables. It's a bugger of a job getting the fuse box apart enough to access the bolts on the bottom of the 2 100 amp fuses that the cables go to, but in the end was all good.
I was hoping to solder the lugs onto the cable but i don't have the tools at home for that so they are just crimpped on. I will probably end up taking it apart later and take them into work and solder them.
Well the convertor is off too and a hole drilled for the fitting to be welded in. should get that done early tomorrow with a mates welder. Might have it back on the road again soon!:bananarock:

Woof
7th October 2010, 11:50 PM
Well done there Roady, hope it all goes well mate